• « First
  • Last »

Lucas releases the O-OT A twisted joke?

#76 User is offline   Jedi_Arco Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:36 PM

hehehe Despondent... I like you. You have that uber-fanboy thing going on that I truly appreciate. Also you profile pic corresponds to your name very well. smile.gif

I didn't make the covers, I just stumbled upon them one day while searching the net for some better covers for the PT. I like 'em, but they aren't for everyone. So the whole "out of sequence" thing, while correct, is not my doing. I found some others that I'm going to have to post on the new thread about the covers. They are the Original art versions that I also have. Later peeps.

This post has been edited by Jedi_Arco: 22 May 2006 - 12:36 PM

#77 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:32 PM

uber-fanboy? Seriously?
Oh I get it. The reason for escalated anger and despairing hope. The mood swings as I cross the double-yellow line of the dark side. Actually I'm a better pilot than that.

A well-meaning friend got me the recent sanctioned release for xmas last year, and I'm sorry I cracked the shrink-wrap. sad.gif Still haven't brought myself to see ESB.

#78 User is offline   Jedi_Arco Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:17 PM

I knew I liked you. Great analogy with the double-yellow line thing. biggrin.gif

Also, if you're talking the Latest Incarnation of what Lucas refers to as the Original Trilogy Version of Empire, don't bother watching it unless you want to see a horrible make-up job on the new and "improved" Emporer along with brand-spanking new dialog to go with it. Total waste. Also, the pink lightsaber that Vader wields in the fight with Luke on Bespin is great. <----sarcasm.

Anywho, guess that's all for now. May the tiny organisms that live within you and allow you to manipulate the world around you when you quiet your mind be with you. tongue.gif

#79 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 30 May 2006 - 09:53 AM

Cute Jedi Arco, I hope you'll post more. (thanks.) And yes, that 04 dvd of ESB is just too riddled with junk to digest. The SE was bad enough, this film is no good to me dead.

Onto your observation: That's right people, midichlorians are sperm.

#80 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:21 AM

Hey everyone. Hope you've all been well.

I just found out the news and I just wanted to say YAH!

Yes, I did also read the crap about how Lucasfilm can't be bothered to do a proper anamorphic transfer and of course, I think that is inexcusable. However, if I can have the original movies preserved forever on DVD, I'll be happy if they just look as good as the 1995 digital remastered VHS versions.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to September.

Look after yourselves guys and I might stop by again sometime.

#81 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ May 31 2006, 04:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey everyone. Hope you've all been well.

We've been great, Movie-Goer. Good to see your name (Borimir av doesn't show up for me, sorry).

Hope you are doing well also. You haven't missed too much- we talked about the worm vs. Lava surfing for awhile. Huge God thread. PT still sucks, nothing much has changed. I've crept up to your once-stellar post count. Monkey-boy's shadow looms larger than ever of course. tongue.gif

#82 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ May 31 2006, 04:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey everyone.

hello doctor nick!

hey man. hope all is well

they specifically said 1993....
so not the thx versions... but whatever... eh?

#83 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:54 AM

Hey Despondent, Hey Barend.

Yeah, I'm well too. Married life is good. Life in Australia is good (despite our government doing everything in its power to make sure its not). Life in general is good.

Oh, don't worry, Despondent. I can't see my avatar either. I think it's been dropped off the system or something. Not to worry.

You haven't missed too much- we talked about the worm vs. Lava surfing for awhile. Huge God thread. PT still sucks, nothing much has changed. I've crept up to your once-stellar post count. Monkey-boy's shadow looms larger than ever of course.

Yeah, that sounds like the same old fare we always had going on here.

they specifically said 1993....
so not the thx versions... but whatever... eh?

Really? Man, does Lucasfilm want an award for being lame or something?

That's really pathetic. If it's too much trouble for them to do a basic anamorphic transfer like everybody else has done with every film every made (even the crappy B-Grade ones), then they should give the original reels to someone who will.

Perhaps I should then reserve my YAH! until I've seen the picture quality for myself.

And I did notice something else interesting while I was looking at all the official statements from Lucasfilm. All of them come from Lucasfilm spokespeople but the flannletted one has remained strangely silent. Rather odd, I thought.

Anyway, I guess I'll just wait and see like the rest of you and hope that we get something that, if not acceptable, is at least passable.

Now, I might have a look at what's going on in the old Screening Room before I finish my brief vacation in Chefelf Land.

#84 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:07 AM

JYAMG, you're back! cool.gif Ah, I knew you couldn't stay away for long.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#85 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:38 PM

Greetings meatbag. Your illustrated "special editions" still haunt my dreams.
smile.gif Good to see you here!

This post has been edited by HK 47: 01 June 2006 - 03:39 PM

#86 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:21 AM

Helena, HK-47! Good to see you.

Yeah, after seeing a few of my old mates here again, I guess I'll have to come back more often.

It's good to bitch about Star Wars once in a while... like this substandard treatment the original movies are getting for their DVD release. Damn that Lucas.

Ah, it feels great just typing that.

#87 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 02 June 2006 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Jun 2 2006, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, after seeing a few of my old mates here again, I guess I'll have to come back more often.

So much for my eighteenth highest post count status. tongue.gif

Good to see Boromir back as well. smile.gif

#88 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Jun 1 2006, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I did notice something else interesting while I was looking at all the official statements from Lucasfilm. All of them come from Lucasfilm spokespeople but the flannletted one has remained strangely silent. Rather odd, I thought.

he eventually did say something... but you don't want hear it.

#89 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:10 PM

That's really pathetic. If it's too much trouble for them to do a basic anamorphic transfer like everybody else has done with every film every made (even the crappy B-Grade ones), then they should give the original reels to someone who will.

Is this difference in quality even going to be noticable on my average TV?

#90 User is offline   Jedi_Arco Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:15 PM

I know I know!!

Your basic tv only has a few hundred lines of resolution. The average DVD player maxes out any TV set that isn't HighDef. I believe the numbers are something like, the average TV has 700 - 800 lines of resolution and a DVD has somewhere over 1000. So, anytime you watch a DVD, it's going to look as good as it possibly can on a normal tube TV set.

If you have a HighDef tv set... YOU ROCK! smile.gif hehehe Honestly though, I don't get this whole HighDef thing. Whatever. Umm... HighDef will definetely give you a better picture quality and won't come close to maxing out with the normal DVD. That's why they're trying to incorporate HighDef DVD. sick.gif

The short answer is, the difference will be negligable. As far as that Anamorphic v. other widescreen, if you don't have a widescreen tv you won't see much of a difference. The lines on the top and bottom of the TV screen will be slightly thicker, and if you do have a widescreen tv you will have small bars on the top and bottom of the screen. I'm pretty sure that's the major difference. If I'm wrong, please let me know as I'm not completely 100%. Hope that helps.

Just remember, beggars can't be choosers. I'm just happy he's blessing we, the little people, with this gift from the most holiest of flanneled ones. I still don't know if I'm getting them because in just 8 short months it's the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars and I KNOW they'll do something else. But, even if they don't, I would rather have these "bare bones" versions of the OOT than the most crappy Uber-Editions he changed them into. So what if they're Dobly 2.0? How many of you have major sound systems at home that handle true 5.1? I mean, I do, and I'll still be happy with these. And so what if it's not anamorphic? As long as it's widescreen, I really don't care. But, that's me. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jedi_Arco: 06 June 2006 - 10:20 PM

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size