Chefelf.com Night Life: The Revolution has been renamed - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

The Revolution has been renamed

#46 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:50 AM

Oh yeah, Magus just rocked. Best character with the best story twist in the whole game... hmm... which reminds me... I still have to play Chrono Cross through one of these days...

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#47 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:21 AM

It's brilliant. It seems to have only vague references to chrono trigger, then in the last few hours of play the plot goes insane.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#48 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 21 May 2006 - 08:52 PM

Oh Chrono Trigger! I love that game! wub.gif Crono would rock on Brawl!

And how about Viewtiful Joe, Waluigi and Wart also on Brawl?
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#49 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:22 PM

YES!!!! JOE!!!!!!!! And I've been saying the original Belmont should be in. Then they could throw in Mike from Startropics even just as one of those half-clones. You know Simon would use the cross and the holy water.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#50 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:29 PM

Snake doesn't really fit at all, when you think about it. The most 'normal' characters in SSBM would probably be either Marth or Roy, and neither of them is all that realistic. Burny swords and can deflect 800lb spiky turtles falling on their heads.

Snake, on the other hand, uses a realistic weapon (gun), martial arts (CQC), and even wears a normal outfit (camo). Camo! No strange magic powers, no exotic weapons (strange chain whips, boomerangs, and baseball bats), no space weapons (Fox and Samus come to mind), and not even a fancy suit.

Now if I had to pick a similarly misfitting character, I'd say Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden. His Ninpo would fit right in, and he's got the moves to match. On top of that, it'd give him the chance to be in a GOOD fighting game, unlike DOA...
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#51 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Cyzyk @ May 22 2006, 05:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Snake, on the other hand, uses a realistic weapon (gun), martial arts (CQC), and even wears a normal outfit (camo). Camo! No strange magic powers, no exotic weapons (strange chain whips, boomerangs, and baseball bats), no space weapons (Fox and Samus come to mind), and not even a fancy suit.

You may be right, BUT... there's one thing that justifies his appearance in my opinion:

The box.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#52 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:42 AM

I'm surprised that they've never put Bomberman in. I was never a major fan of the games(played some on the emulator, was an interesting diversion in two player mode, but never really hooked me), but he has a lot of history with Nintendo. The problem with Chrono is that he'd be too similar to Roy and Marth(with a bit of lightning magic, of course). Simon Belmont would be awesome, as would Viewtiful Joe(though I've never been lucky enough to play either of their games). I don't really see much of a usage of Waluigi(seriously, he just seems to be created to round of Luigi), though I'd be interesed in an implementation of Boo(like in the latest Mario Party). If they decide to put Toad in the game, I'll hit them.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#53 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:58 PM

I nominate for the new Smash the hottest female to ever be in a video game-

Toadette.
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#54 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:08 AM

I knew that somebody would mention her.

#55 User is offline   darth_paul Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Comics, Sci-Fi, Games, Religion (Christianity &amp; Catholicism), Politics (Republcan) - although I tend to stay away from discussing those last two since they often get me into trouble that I'd rather not deal with unless I am pushed, which then I'll push back until I get disgusted and give up. Other than that I can pretty much get along with anyone ;)

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:33 AM

Mike from Startropics would be great. In STII: Zoda's Revenge he had more than just a yo-yo for a weapon and he had cool mind powers much like Ness who's already in the Smash Bros. Series. However, much like Pit (a.k.a. Kid Icarus), Mike and Startropics are a character and game series that were big hits in their day and have been all but forgotten by Nintendo and fans. The SB series of fighting games and many of the sports and party Mario games have recently been outlets to bring back and showcase lesser known and lesser used characters from Nintendo's past and hopefully allow the characters to gain enough exposure to produce newer sequels to forgotten games like Kid Icaraus and Startropics.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size