Chefelf.com Night Life: The Revolution has been renamed - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +

The Revolution has been renamed

#31 User is offline   Willeth Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ May 11 2006, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the very least, I'd like the option to just begin as Sheik.

Hold A on the character select screen, then press Start. You'll change immediately before the action even starts.

This post has been edited by Willeth: 15 May 2006 - 10:49 AM

#32 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:15 AM

You, sir, are a bloody legend. I just tried it out and it worked. Excellent!
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#33 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:42 PM

Sime: You can also change as you float down on the platform at the beginning of the match by using down and B like usual.

I'm not sophmoric to care about the Revolution sounding like kiddy slang for urine. I'm still more concerned about losing big name third party support due to no one taking any marketing "risks" at all, and it turning into a stupid novelty game system made entirely of gimmicks instead of gameplay.

As much as I like Solid Snake, he doesn't belong in a Smash Bros. Game anymore than Pichu should have been in the last one (though for different reasons), and the new Metroid games aren't shooters except in the literal respect that you shoot. Putting in Pit from Kid Icarus is pretty cool, though I think we should have more new faces from the olden days, like MegaMan or Simon Belmont. I mean, if Snake's getting stuck in, surely a real Nintendo-based character can be in too.

And people who think that Nintendo only has "kiddy games" has fallen victim to the propaganda of public opinion. When your public is stupid, don't trust it's opinions.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#34 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:54 PM

I never said that I thought it only had kiddy games.

But, in my experience, when looking at the games for the Gamecube, I have never found myself saying "I wish I had a Gamecube."

Er... Well... Technically...

"I wish I still played the Gamecube."
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#35 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:12 PM

Well, from all the Wii stuff I saw on Gamespot, I can assure you that the Wii will have third party developers supporting it.

And I agree with you, I've always thought of Megaman or Simon Belmont on SSBB since I discoverd that Snake was going to be in it. Still, I can't wait for the Wii.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#36 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:12 PM

I don't know, some of what I've read about Ubisoft's Red Steel alone has made me want a Wii.

Of course, the mere concept that the new Smash might have music by Uematsu has guaranteed that I'm picking one up.
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#37 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:26 PM

I'm not a huge fan of game music, but that stems from my general lack of interest in music(well, at least in comparison to other people. I like music, just not as much as the norm). I just love the idea of the Smash games, and would love to see an extension to SSBM.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#38 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 16 May 2006 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ May 16 2006, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just love the idea of the Smash games, and would love to see an extension to SSBM.

Who wouldn't? biggrin.gif

And Red Steel looks awesome. Made me want the Wii even more.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#39 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:22 AM

And here I was thinking that I was the one who didn't have very much that he could call a life... gotta readjust my view on the world now.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#40 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:10 AM

You should meet the kids at Video-Games club.

DAMN those guys are obsessed.

They infiltrated Anime club too.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#41 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:50 AM

I try to refrain from meeting kids a video game clubs, the feds don't seem to like it for some reason.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#42 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:23 PM

I'm in full favor of calling the Revolution the Wii. If not for the exposure it's getting on the internet making fun of it then at least for all the atrocious puns it can produce.

"Hey mommy, I'm going to my friends house to play with his Wii"

"Hello, do you have any Wii for sale"
"Well of coarse, urine Gamestop"

"I find my Wii to fit my hand quite comfortably, but it's a bit too big for my girlfriend"

"My Wii has a rumble function"

I could go on forever.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#43 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ May 16 2006, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I try to refrain from meeting kids a video game clubs, the feds don't seem to like it for some reason.

Odd... Why?

tongue.gif
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#44 User is offline   darth_paul Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Comics, Sci-Fi, Games, Religion (Christianity &amp; Catholicism), Politics (Republcan) - although I tend to stay away from discussing those last two since they often get me into trouble that I'd rather not deal with unless I am pushed, which then I'll push back until I get disgusted and give up. Other than that I can pretty much get along with anyone ;)

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:17 AM

I'm in full favor of calling the Revolution the Wii. If not for the exposure it's getting on the internet making fun of it then at least for all the atrocious puns it can produce.
"Hey mommy, I'm going to my friends house to play with his Wii"
"Hello, do you have any Wii for sale"
"Well of coarse, urine Gamestop"
"I find my Wii to fit my hand quite comfortably, but it's a bit too big for my girlfriend"
"My Wii has a rumble function"
I could go on forever.

-Simply Hillarious Kirby! laugh.gif Anyways, besides this bit o' funny, I am glad that some of you agree with me on Simeon Belmont and Mega Man being possible great additions for SSBB. They are 2 long time 3rd party characters that got their start with Nintendo and have always been promoted heavily by the big N. I'd like to hear some disscussion about what other characters should be in this game alone since it seems to be so far the biggest draw to the Wii. We could keep it in this forum or start a new one. One more character that I'm going to suggest right now which I think would be awesome is Bomberman.

#45 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:54 AM

I think we mentioned this before, but I can't remember were(read: I can't be bothered looking it up), so if I repeat myself, sorry. I'd like to see Magus from Chrono Trigger, that would be neat. Fights with a scythe up close, and his special moves are magic attacks. Alexandra Roivas would be neat as well. Armed with her gladius, she could use her barrier and lightning spells and whatever else.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size