• +

Were you spoiled? ...an attempt to make a neutral PT thread

#16 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:14 AM

Palpatine is Anikans father

Maybe he is, but it seems extremelly unlikely he isn't.

#17 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (jariten @ May 3 2006, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe he is, but it seems extremelly unlikely he isn't.

I'm more interested in HOW it occurred than by who. PPT, anyone?

#18 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:00 PM

So all this virgin marry crap Lucas had been dishing is bullshit?

But that makes Anikans mother a whore?

#19 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:13 PM

Cob: Not exactly. barend is referring to the scene at the "space-floaty-bubble-opera" thing in episode III where Palpatine relates a story about a sith lord who could manipulate midichlorines to create life. What we gather (I can't recall if it is actually said or not) is that Palpy is the padawan of this sith lord, and has also obtained this "special skill." Though it is not stated, it can be gathered that Anakin is therefore a "child" of Shmi Skywalker and Palpatine. I think that this is a viable theory, and probably what GL meant, though we are never rewarded with a "Darth, I am your father" moment. wink.gif

Supreme Chancellor: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis "the wise"?
Anakin Skywalker: No.
Supreme Chancellor: I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Anakin Skywalker: He could actually save people from death?
Supreme Chancellor: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin Skywalker: What happened to him?
Supreme Chancellor: He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.

As far as spoilers, I avoided as much as I could... The only thing that was important to me was whether or not the Falcon was going make and appearance.

This post has been edited by Dorothy: 24 May 2006 - 12:16 PM

"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

#20 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (Dorothy @ May 24 2006, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cob: Not exactly. barend is referring to the scene at the "space-floaty-bubble-opera" thing in episode III where Palpatine relates a story about a sith lord who could manipulate midichlorines to create life. What we gather (I can't recall if it is actually said or not) is that Palpy is the padawan of this sith lord, and has also obtained this "special skill." Though it is not stated, it can be gathered that Anakin is therefore a "child" of Shmi Skywalker and Palpatine. I think that this is a viable theory, and probably what GL meant, though we are never rewarded with a "Darth, I am your father" moment. wink.gif

GeeksOns Episode III parody sums it up brilliantly:

PALPATINE: "Did you know that those who embrace the Dark Side have lots of powers that the Jedi do not. For example they can influence that midichlorian bullshit to create life."
ANAKIN: "Create life?! Wait! Are you implying that my supposed virgin birth was..."
PALPATINE: "And they can stop others from dying."
ANAKIN: "Stop others, like, if someone force chokes them, and they start to die because of it hours later."
PALPATINE: "Yup."
ANAKIN: "That's distracting enough that I'll not bother following up on the other thing you said."

As if Yoda and Chewie being best buddies wasn't bad enough. Palpatine is actually Lukes grandpa. I'm hoping that the next Special Edition will reveal Han Solo as the bastard son of Aunt Beru and Grand Moff Tarkin.

#21 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Dorothy @ May 24 2006, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That makes sense... but if he had the power why not impregnate a million woman? I mean if he can make one Anikan, why not make a million?

#22 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:25 PM

Umm... because that wouldn't bring balance to the force... Imagine... A million whiney, greasy haired, whiney sithettes. And also because GL isn't that crazy.
"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

#23 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (Dorothy @ May 24 2006, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm... because that wouldn't bring balance to the force... Imagine... A million whiney, greasy haired, whiney sithettes. And also because GL isn't that crazy.

But it works! I mean... look at Baldurs Gate... soon all the Anikans will start butchering one another until the strongest comes out on top, then he will choose to be bad and bring balance to the force... lets face it, Jedi outnumber Sith around a hundred to one.

This post has been edited by Cobnat: 24 May 2006 - 06:58 PM

#24 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:08 PM

HE probably did make more...

Darth Maul mayhaps?

QUOTE (HK 47 @ May 24 2006, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GeeksOns Episode III parody sums it up brilliantly:

PALPATINE: "Did you know that those who embrace the Dark Side have lots of powers that the Jedi do not. For example they can influence that midichlorian bullshit to create life."
ANAKIN: "Create life?! Wait! Are you implying that my supposed virgin birth was..."
PALPATINE: "And they can stop others from dying."
ANAKIN: "Stop others, like, if someone force chokes them, and they start to die because of it hours later."
PALPATINE: "Yup."
ANAKIN: "That's distracting enough that I'll not bother following up on the other thing you said."

As if Yoda and Chewie being best buddies wasn't bad enough. Palpatine is actually Lukes grandpa. I'm hoping that the next Special Edition will reveal Han Solo as the bastard son of Aunt Beru and Grand Moff Tarkin.

that's awsome.

#25 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (barend @ May 24 2006, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HE probably did make more...

Darth Maul mayhaps?
that's awsome.

laugh.gif Fucking great!

But if he did create Darth Maul then how come hes so much older then Anikan and is such a pussy?

#26 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:42 PM

because he made him before anakin, and he turned out so kick ass that he though a back up would be nice...

anakin turned out a pussy because he was a mommas boy... palpy raped a slave, he didn't geve a personality quize or anything first.

#27 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (barend @ May 24 2006, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
because he made him before anakin, and he turned out so kick ass that he though a back up would be nice...

anakin turned out a pussy because he was a mommas boy... palpy raped a slave, he didn't geve a personality quize or anything first.

So once again, why not make a million childgren of Palpatine?

#28 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:23 PM

Supreme Chancellor: I thought not. He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.

Anakin Skywalker: Well that might be a problem. Do you mean "care about", care about? Or do you mean "try to choke her to death care about", care about? (smarmy grin) I mean, it doesn't really matter, does it? (hesitant laugh)

#29 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:46 AM

Supreme Chancellor: I thought not. He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.

Anakin Skywalker: "cared?" what kind of sith lord was this?

#30 User is offline   Gerhard Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (barend @ May 25 2006, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anakin Skywalker: "cared?" what kind of sith lord was this?

Supreme Chancellor: Care? nobody cares anymore, your Jedis don't have family's, wife's, girlfriends, sex, they basically do nothing all day, why we, Sith Lords, must be different? Do you think Lucas cares about the characters in this story? We are all here for the money son, remember that, BTW how much is Lucas paying you?

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size