Chefelf.com Night Life: Which moments in ROTS did work for you? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Which moments in ROTS did work for you?

#16 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:52 PM

On a side note, I asked my spousal unit how Obiwan and Anakin avoided spontaneous combustion whilst surfing the liquid hot mAgmA... to which he replied "they had some sort of Jedi power which kept them from getting to hot."

laugh.gif It was classic. I laughed good and long and he ended up storming off and pouting in another room.

I guess gushers dont like when you force them to confront the crap in all its steaming crappiness... happy.gif

But you still claim to like the OT though right?

It's the Different Rules Apply rule again, I see.

#17 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (jariten @ Apr 25 2006, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But you still claim to like the OT though right?

It's the Different Rules Apply rule again, I see.

I just don’t remember the OT being crappy and having totally unbelievable scenarios, like not breaking a sweat while surfing on lava. Even now when I watch the OT, I can only find a few things that are absolutely ridiculous, such as sound in space and them rebuilding the death star in 3 or so years - unlike the PT which was just one ludicrous event after another.

#18 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:56 PM

At least when the ring touched the lava, it melted. the "surfboards" must have been made from space shuttle tiles.

#19 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Apr 25 2006, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least when the ring touched the lava, it melted. the "surfboards" must have been made from space shuttle tiles.

Why would you build something designed to be in close proximity with lava out of something that isn't resistant to it?

SA- theres a boat load of impossible crap that happens throughout SW from Luke dropping several stories from the AT AT without a scratch to the lack of wind in cloud city (not to mention several other impossible to so incredibly implausible theres nothing else to do but call it a scriptwriting shortcut). Which people accept because its throwaway fantasy.
Whats annoying is when critics etc. pick out apparant flaws of the PT which have actually existed all along.
I'd never try to find an excuse like your other half did but at the same time you'll never see me coming up with excuses for the crap in 4,5 and 6 either.

#20 User is offline   vaderahater Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Apr 25 2006, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats mean. Poor Anakin. crying.gif That part was really sad.
On a side note, I asked my spousal unit how Obiwan and Anakin avoided spontaneous combustion whilst surfing the liquid hot mAgmA... to which he replied "they had some sort of Jedi power which kept them from getting to hot."

laugh.gif It was classic. I laughed good and long and he ended up storming off and pouting in another room.

I guess gushers dont like when you force them to confront the crap in all its steaming crappiness... happy.gif

He deserved to burn in hell for the evil acts he committed.

#21 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Revan-47 @ Apr 25 2006, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how come nobody complains about frodo and same being so close to the lava in REturn of the kind. thats even less believable, they are but simple hobbits.

they were on a large rock lying there absolutley fucked...
they were high on the side of a mountain where the majoritvley breathable atmospheric conditions would have been working in their favor... they were not hanging ten on a whole planet of lava in which the air itself would have burned them.

nobody complains about that becuase it wasn't stupid.

#22 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:38 AM

I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

#23 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE (vaderahater @ Apr 25 2006, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Darth Vader is my hero, and I dont believe in hell.

#24 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2006 - 04:29 PM

Was it Lucas I heard commenting on Mustafar... saying that it was supposed to resemble hell? Maybe it was someone else... I can't remember.

#25 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:51 PM

THat is because george lucas is really satan.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#26 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:17 PM

"you want to see a worthy climax, SW fans? Go to Hell."

#27 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (jariten @ Apr 25 2006, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why would you build something designed to be in close proximity with lava out of something that isn't resistant to it?

SA- theres a boat load of impossible crap that happens throughout SW from Luke dropping several stories from the AT AT without a scratch to the lack of wind in cloud city (not to mention several other impossible to so incredibly implausible theres nothing else to do but call it a scriptwriting shortcut). Which people accept because its throwaway fantasy.
Whats annoying is when critics etc. pick out apparant flaws of the PT which have actually existed all along.
I'd never try to find an excuse like your other half did but at the same time you'll never see me coming up with excuses for the crap in 4,5 and 6 either.

the concepts in the OT were all old concepts...if you've read through old sci-fi comics of the 50s and 60s alot of this stuff already had been conceptualized and justified in a sci-fi sort of way.

cloud city works because of hover-tech and the atmospherically shifted altitude conditions of Vespin.

if those are the conditions of Vespins stratosphere then is surface would be increadibly dense and uninhabitable. So if Vespin has open settlements than cloud city is bogus.

surfing the waves of a lava planet is beyond conceptual salvageability, little more than if they were fighting swiming in it. A river that runs through a planet core could only happen in a planet colder than hoth and even then it just wouldn't...

the OT stuff stretches the imagination and bends the rules, the PT stuff tears the imagination and snaps the rules. There's a very clear difference between the fantastatical elements of the OT and the plain absurd ones of the PT. ...and it's not bias based on hatered for the PT its the basis.

#28 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:48 PM

And the fact that the inhabitants of Mustafar have to move around on droid-like vehicles (not talking about the visiting Separatists or droids engaged in the removal of the supposed precious metals from the lava by skimming the surface, ugh!). They have to choose where they go very carefully with kid gloves whereas Obi Wan and Anakin zip around the place without a care in the world.

#29 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 26 2006, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/size]

the concepts in the OT were all old concepts...if you've read through old sci-fi comics of the 50s and 60s alot of this stuff already had been conceptualized and justified in a sci-fi sort of way.

cloud city works because of hover-tech and the atmospherically shifted altitude conditions of Vespin.

if those are the conditions of Vespins stratosphere then is surface would be increadibly dense and uninhabitable. So if Vespin has open settlements than cloud city is bogus.

surfing the waves of a lava planet is beyond conceptual salvageability, little more than if they were fighting swiming in it. A river that runs through a planet core could only happen in a planet colder than hoth and even then it just wouldn't...

the OT stuff stretches the imagination and bends the rules, the PT stuff tears the imagination and snaps the rules. There's a very clear difference between the fantastatical elements of the OT and the plain absurd ones of the PT. ...and it's not bias based on hatered for the PT its the basis.

laugh.gif

Actually the name of the planet is Bespin, and according to the Star Wars data bank, it is an incredibly dense, and uninhabitable planet. The reason for Cloud City to exist is to serve as a base of operations for Tibanna gas miners in Bespin's lower atmosphere.

How do you explain the difference between surfing over a lava river on a piece of metal, and Luke holding his hand out to "Force pull" his lightsaber into his hand to chop off a Wampa's arm? How about the giant slug that lives in a cave on an asteroid with no atmosphere? How about Luke falling from the body of an AT-AT, and running away without a scratch (or falling down a seemingly bottomless shaft in Cloud City without breaking any bones)? How about the two proton torpedoes fired into the Death Star's power core shaft (they went straight ahead until they got to the power core shaft opening, and then veered downward)? I know... the Force... I got it. What about the fact that Chewbacca speaks Wookiee, but can carry on a conversation with Han Solo, who can't speak Wookiee? How about a brother and sister kissing each other, when the sister knew all along that they were siblings? I agree the elements of the OT are fantastical, but they are just as absurd as the elements of the PT. I'm not saying I don't like the OT. ESB's the best out of all of them, in my opinion.

#30 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 26 April 2006 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Apr 26 2006, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ESB's the best out of all of them, in my opinion.
So it's CLOSE to unnaimous.

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size