Chefelf.com Night Life: Some light hearted debate - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Some light hearted debate about celebrities even!

#1 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:44 AM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12137215/

We've all discussed the fact that Tom Cruise is an ass and that his scientology cult is nuts.

We all agree that materialism sucks.

But between the two of the celebrities mentioned in this article, the question is (assuming that God exists and there is a Hell for debate purposes) who will have a lower place in the pits of hell?

It's a difficult question. Cruise says his "we're not cool enough to be the Star Wars Kid but we try" mystic religion can cure fucking Dyslexia and that there is no God, so that's one idiotic lie and one count of blasphemy.

However Mary J Blige says that God wants her to have nice things, which is both blasphemy and a terrible lie. Mary, I like my computer as much as you like your "bling" but that dosn't mean that I go around telling people God personally ordained that I should have it. Shit, he has better things to do. You think "Make sure r&b whore has pretty stuff to wear" is going to even make it on to his celestial to-do list? And what about all the people who died in diamond mines for pennies a day? Do THEY want you to wear that shit too? If you and P. Diddy or whatever he calls himself these days both choked on your diamond studded back scratchers the world would be a less conceited place.

Akhem, that said, I vote for Mary J Blige.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#2 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:44 AM

Blige, I mean, look, Cruise may be loony, but he doesn't actually HURT anyone.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#3 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:14 AM

Out of those two? Oh hell yeah Ms Bilge! Cruise is just dim.

How many posts before we can start randomly suggesting other celebrities then?
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#4 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:19 AM

Oh, maybe two or three.

Oh god, I just realised what will happen when Dee finds this thread...
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#5 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:24 AM

Cruise.

I mean, hell, he had Nicole Kidman and wasn't able to keep her - that alone justifies him being stomped into the deepest pits of hell by fate's mighty foot.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#6 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:06 PM

Initally I'd say Mary J Bilge, just because she's a rapper, but then I remembered that she isn't Missy Elliot, so she gets extra points and Tom Cruise is going to hell
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#7 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:22 PM

So... We've got 3 for Blige, 2 for Cruise
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#8 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:51 PM

It really is hard to decide. Cruise called a reporter a madman for implying that scientology couldnt cure dyslexia, and then replied with "whatever. I have to move on." when they reported introduced himself.

But then again, Mary J Blige said this:

“My God is a God who wants me to have things,” the singer tells May’s Blender magazine. “He wants me to bling. He wants me to be the hottest thing on the block. I don’t know what kind of God the rest of y’all are serving, but the God I serve says, ‘Mary, you need to be the hottest thing this year, and I’m gonna make sure you’re doing that’.”

Blige also is not modest when it comes to her place in history. “I do consider myself part of black history,” she told the mag. “Since 1991, I’m still doing this and I’m successful. And I haven’t hurt anyone in the process.”

I just read a page of words by Tom Cruise about scientology, but that just pisses me off so much more. Shit, Hitler's speeches would inspire less rage if they were made to a room full of Jewish people.

Black history? Yeah, sure. "Move over Malcolm X. This chick wore a lot of diamonds for over ten years."

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#9 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:06 PM

I know, it was insulting to famous black people who ACTUALLY did stuff!

This post has been edited by Otal Nimrodi: 18 April 2006 - 02:27 PM

Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#10 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:10 PM

Yeah, I can hardly even think of going on living as a black p-... hey wait...

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#11 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:18 PM

I think Blige was a bit careless with her words; I think what she means is her God is a God that wants his people to prosper, which is a refreshing opposition to the commonly held belief that God wants everyone to be miserable and in extreme poverty all the time. Evidently, Blige has taken the side that God is a God that blesses his children, so she doesn't have to suddenly get rid of all of her possessions in order to serve God, and that's just the rather odd way she chose to express that. The black history thing, though - either I don't know enough about her to be able to see why she has any real significance in black history other than.. being black, or she's got a bit much of an ego there.

Cruise, on the other hand, wacko jerkface. I vote Cruise.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#12 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:15 PM

I think the name of the god she's serving is her own damned ego.

#13 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Apr 18 2006, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12137215/

We've all discussed the fact that Tom Cruise is an ass and that his scientology cult is nuts.

We all agree that materialism sucks.

But between the two of the celebrities mentioned in this article, the question is (assuming that God exists and there is a Hell for debate purposes) who will have a lower place in the pits of hell?

It's a difficult question. Cruise says his "we're not cool enough to be the Star Wars Kid but we try" mystic religion can cure fucking Dyslexia and that there is no God, so that's one idiotic lie and one count of blasphemy.

However Mary J Blige says that God wants her to have nice things, which is both blasphemy and a terrible lie. Mary, I like my computer as much as you like your "bling" but that dosn't mean that I go around telling people God personally ordained that I should have it. Shit, he has better things to do. You think "Make sure r&b whore has pretty stuff to wear" is going to even make it on to his celestial to-do list? And what about all the people who died in diamond mines for pennies a day? Do THEY want you to wear that shit too? If you and P. Diddy or whatever he calls himself these days both choked on your diamond studded back scratchers the world would be a less conceited place.

Akhem, that said, I vote for Mary J Blige.

Mary J Binge, bulge, bile, whoever she is... is actually quite wrong. I’m not saying God doesn't want her to have nice things but I’m pretty sure he's less than impressed with her overabundance of needless jewellery that serves no other purpose than to remind others that she is in fact swimming in wealth, while she also sits on the knowledge that there are people, no doubt within walking distance, that are starving and freezing and dying every day.... in fact one might say that there are a 'wealth' of people underprivileged and overburdened, and although the bible tends to hint towards the idea that you can't gain salvation through works, I’m pretty sure being filthy rich and wasting money on personal decorations and things you really really don't need like J-Lo and her $30,000.00USD hair styling for her wedding (I mean seriously, there's nothing fancy enough you can do to your hair that could exceed $200) and having the nerve to sing "I’m still jenny from the block"... I mean frankly... they're going to hell. No two ways about it...

SEE YOU IN HELL MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

As For Tom Cruize... he is a living example of the spiritual collapse of mankind that started in the 90s....

Religion without god... what an awesome concept, although they should call it spiritual masturbation...
i hate religious nuts but I hate religious nuts that don't even hide behind the fabricated guise of a deity... I mean it's just insulting. "I believe that if you smile you'll soon find something to smile about, therefore bow before my religion." is far less than impressive that "God says you must convert or die." at least there's some authority there...

are we not worth being led to believe in a supreme being to fear anymore... is it all about believing that we were extras in a sci-fi movie premise millions of years ago to cure dyslexia and loneliness now is it?

Well I’m sorry but that's just not good enough... carve me a fucking golden cow or fuck off back to planet gullible, asshole!

This post has been edited by barend: 18 April 2006 - 06:35 PM

#14 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:40 AM

You're forgettiing that sure, whoever she was is harming the less fortunate inadvertantly by hoarding her wealth, but the scientoligists are harming the less fortunatly overtly by their inane stance on psychology.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#15 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:20 AM

See, the main difference I see here is that I truly think that Cruise has been brainwashed by the their Star Wars Kid High Priest so he doesn't really know how much a dick he is.

Mary J. Blige is just a selfish egoistical cow that's trying to cash in on being religious while being able to avoid any kind of kindness to her fellow man.

So Mary, all the way.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size