Chefelf.com Night Life: Me Love You Long Phone Bill! - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Me Love You Long Phone Bill! Friday, April 14, 2006

#1 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:06 AM

RM800 trillion bill!
10 Apr 2006

PENDANG, KEDAH: A meat importer had a shock when he received a hefty telephone bill — for RM800 trillion.

Yahaya Wahab, 63, said a debt-collection company, commissioned by Telekom Malaysia, had sent a bill for RM806,400,000,000,000.01 to his late father’s house, which has been vacant since his death.

Yahaya, from Kampung Pauh, Kubur Panjang, said he nearly fainted when he saw the bill, which stated it was for outstanding arrears.

The letter, from a debt-collection agent based in Sungai Petani was dated April 3, and demanded that the house owner settle the bill within 10 days or face legal action.

He said he had settled the previous bill of RM84.82 at the Kedai Telekom on Jan 13 and requested that the telephone line be disconnected since no one was living in the house.

"If the company wants to seek legal action as mentioned in the letter, I’m ready to face it. In fact, I can’t wait to face it," he said.

He said it was careless for the company to send a bill without checking, since the amount was larger than the total telephone bills of the whole country.

Yahaya said his parents were among the first in the whole kampung to fix a telephone line.

He added that the bill was also addressed to Alor Star, Penang instead of Kedah.

"It’s illogical. There is no Alor Star in Penang," he said.

http://www.nst.com.m...icle/index_html

Now, just so Dee doesn't get confused:

-He didn't call for a million pizzas, or six million phone sex lines, or go on the Internet for three years, the big bill was just a mistake.
-Its not a conspiracy by the government to stop him using the phone, the big bill was a mistake.
-It was, in fact, just a mistake.

Just so we can talk about the article, and not 586million things that there's no evidence for. wink.gif

Thanks to floppy for this one!

This post has been edited by Chyld: 14 April 2006 - 03:07 AM

When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#2 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:08 AM

Good thinking Chyld.

The phone company made a mistake here, I can understand adding a dozen zeroes by accident, but how the fuck did the collection agency not double check? It makes me want to hire a collection agency to collect "all your base" that's owed to me by one George W. Bush.

"Dear Mr. Bush,
You owe J M Hoffman the sum of all your base. Make your time."

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#3 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:13 AM

Ha ha ha
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#4 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Apr 14 2006, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now, just so Dee doesn't get confused:

-He didn't call for a million pizzas, or six million phone sex lines, or go on the Internet for three years, the big bill was just a mistake.
-Its not a conspiracy by the government to stop him using the phone, the big bill was a mistake.
-It was, in fact, just a mistake.

Just so we can talk about the article, and not 586million things that there's no evidence for. wink.gif

Thanks to floppy for this one!

You are again assuming me again, or was it what Floppy Discuit said as well?

Pizzas has nothing to do with this so I do not know how you thought. Clearly states it was a mistake, a careless one.

Just because I think of situations and ideas does not mean I am confused, in reflection perhaps you were confused to what I was saying in the last thread. I image the I see "I do not understand what that person is saying so he must be stupid, one or the other."
When you try to think for people, it is you that makes the assumption in present, simply could have said, "Think of more realistic possibilities by the facts stated." Rather than talking to me as if I am as above, "confused."

I know the bill was a mistake, as that happened to me before. Where did you get conspiracy from? I see none here. If it was conspiracy it will be with the company but I cannot see that on these grounds if there is competition.

Pizzas and conspiracy are not what I think happened here, simply is a problem with the calculations of the phone bill as they claim.

Logically: "If no one was living in the emtpy house and the phone line was still connected, someone could have made use of the line, but still a big bill for that." But no indications.

Anyway it seems that these companies are so quick to notify the debt collection agency. Even for my case in paying on time, the company notified the debt agency when they did not cheack and had to explain quickly.

If the government wanted stop people using phones maybe unlikely, because of the business they get, if it did happen they may find an unforeseen method not involving charges, so don't talk to me like that again as if I am "confused" when you could be yourself. This is what I see as negativity, assuming people and talking to them as if they are "confused."

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 14 April 2006 - 09:04 AM

#5 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:55 AM

Isn't it funny to see how Dee's able to express that he's not just confused, but hasn't even got a single clue at all in a half-page-long post in which he's originally trying to prove that this is not the case?

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#6 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Apr 14 2006, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't it funny to see how Dee's able to express that he's not just confused, but hasn't even got a single clue at all in a half-page-long post in which he's originally trying to prove that this is not the case?

What do you mean a clue?

There are many possibilties, but trying to prove the most possible facts is a point which could have simply be stated politely without talking to me as if I am "confused", but not every point as Chyld thought about the Pizzas.

Okay simply to state "Could you come up with some logical possibilities to the facts stated instead of possibilities that there's no evidence for" politely. I would understand and do just that.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 14 April 2006 - 09:19 AM

#7 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:10 PM

But the point of the forum isn't to express logical possibilities. That's only slightly better than expressing your completely illogical and improbable theories. The point is that people post silly news stories and we make jokes about them. There's no exp​ression of logical possibilities involved. But if you want to go take up investigative journalism, might I suggest an expose into the logical possibilities of what happens when you run a car in a garage with the door closed for an hour?

[For God's sake, sarcasm. Don't.]

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#8 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:16 PM

He won't get it.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#9 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:30 PM

Most likely not.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#10 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Apr 14 2006, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the point of the forum isn't to express logical possibilities. That's only slightly better than expressing your completely illogical and improbable theories. The point is that people post silly news stories and we make jokes about them. There's no exp​ression of logical possibilities involved. But if you want to go take up investigative journalism, might I suggest an expose into the logical possibilities of what happens when you run a car in a garage with the door closed for an hour?

[For God's sake, sarcasm. Don't.]

I see, that is why it is called "Crappy News" at the top. In that case I'll try to make jokes then.

"Running a car into a garage with the door closed." One guess is too many possibilities to what that means.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 14 April 2006 - 02:05 PM

#11 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:45 PM

NOOO! DON'T MAKE JOKES! Now look what you've done.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#12 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Apr 14 2006, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NOOO! DON'T MAKE JOKES! Now look what you've done.

Don't worry, I'll eventually explain if you do not know.

#13 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:54 PM

THAT'S THE PROBLEM!
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#14 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Apr 14 2006, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THAT'S THE PROBLEM!

There are some jokes I do not know about or understand, I have to ask but I do not call that a problem. Or you mean to state a joke and don't add the meaning?

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 14 April 2006 - 02:59 PM

#15 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:07 PM

Oh no... SHUT UP!
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size