Chefelf.com Night Life: Icey Work Diary - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Icey Work Diary Wherein he watches some movies, except on his day off.

#1 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:25 PM

Today it was American Pie 2 and Dude Where's My Car. Both silly little flicks where Sean William Scott makes out with a dude. I had forgotten how excellent those two films are in their own right.

Also, boys kissing x 4! Score.

#2 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 07 April 2006 - 04:45 PM

Narnia, Murderball - Roadtrip?

Narnia was decent fun, didn't get to watch most of it because people kept BOTHERING ME!!!
Murderball however was beyond awesome. People in wheelchairs playing RUGBY, damn, that was a man's man's sport! They also said they learnt shit that Jigsaw learnt, which was cool, seeing how you can't call handicapped people morons and stupid, no matter what they say. So yeah, that serial killer that torments people and claims to be helping them must be helping!

Road Trip is just plain clean fun, and had some self referential humour that was so smooth I couldn't help laugh my arse off, no one else got the joke though, spent five minutes explaining it. But it was worth it.

#3 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:49 AM

These short little quips are fun to read. smile.gif Keep updating this!
i wonder why no one else is posting though? sad.gif To them I say; you're all jerks! lol.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#4 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:02 PM

I didn't even know it existed.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#5 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:05 PM

And I'm a jerk.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#6 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:19 PM

Thanks Look To The Sky. I'll be watching Advent Children in a week or two, I think.

Don't remember watching anything clearly today, it's odd. I watched three films though, that I can remember.
Some film, Sneakers and Austin Powers.

The Some film I remember nothing of. But I think I saw Julianne Moore in it, and there were talking about being parents and married and stuff, but mostly as in "hey are you this? Why isn't she travelling with you?"

Sneakers is excellent, it has some known actors. Kingsley, Redford and Aykroyd. It's the closest to what I think real espionage is like. Monitoring, stealing in the cover of night and having to rely the element of suprprise in all encounters. Two guys nigh always beat one guy. Totally righteous!

Austin Powers. I'd forgotten that it was worth something, it just wasn't as good as I began expecting. Liz Hurley was without a doubt the weakest link of the film. The Henchmen Death follow ups were excellent, I often think about these things when watching Bond and other knock offs. It's sad that they're just treated as faceless foes instead of humans.

This post has been edited by Icey: 10 April 2006 - 04:20 PM

#7 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (looktothesky @ Apr 10 2006, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These short little quips are fun to read. smile.gif Keep updating this!
i wonder why no one else is posting though? sad.gif To them I say; you're all jerks! lol.

I didn't comment because I hadn't seen any of the movies until Icey mentioned Austin Powers...

I like that movie. tongue.gif
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#8 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:36 AM

Yep. I like Austin Powers, tough sometimes it can get too gross for my taste.

Off-topic: Floppy, I see you like Concerned. I love that webcomic.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#9 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:20 AM

One or two words of advice for watching Advent Children:
  1. Be sure to remember the whole FF7 story. Well, that's not that difficult.
  2. Be sure to have FF7 ranking somewhere up in your top-5 best-games-of-all-times list.
  3. Watch it in a dark room.
  4. With a really good telivision.
  5. If it's not the DVD version OR the h.264 rip, then DON'T WATCH IT. PLEASE. It'll destroy everything.
  6. Now where was I...
  7. Ah yes - 5.1 sound, mininum. Turn up the speakers and get blasted away.
  8. Find something comfortable to sit on.
  9. Wear gloves. That way you might provide some protection for your hands which you might unconsciously clench out of sheer excitement.
  10. Don't close your eyes while watching the movie. I recommend watching it 1 to 325 times, but still - don't close your eyes. You'll only feel guilty afterwards.
  11. And let me get this straight - You are guilty if you close your eyes for even one millisec.
  12. That's it.
  13. Enjoy.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#10 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2006 - 04:06 AM

Pfff, Gobbler, the film is not THAT good, I've seen parts and parts of it. Nowhere near being totally awesome, though it looks nice.

Anywho, for the last two days, I saw the Bad News Bears, Laws of Attraction and Good Ol' Rush Hour.

Laws of Attraction, didn't follow closely. Only remember thinking. "Ha! That's the dumbest thing a woman could do! Dumping James Bond to work as a lawyer!" I have decided that Julianne Moore is stuck in the "stupid cow" role.

Bad News Bears. Bad Santa + Kicking and Screaming. Very few good moments, but good moments none the less. I like my Billy Bob Thornton drunk and abusive. Awright!

Rush Hour. Not much to say about that film beyond "hey, this was directed by the X3 guy!" and the fact that the guy I was working with knew every line by heart. It was annoying. Oh hold on! I think the Evil HeadHenchman from Die Another Day was in this film, as a villain. Again! Just obviously lacking in diamonds.

#11 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:23 PM

Rush Hour leading into... The Brother's Grimm, Twice.
I don't get any days off.

I found the film mostly boring and disappointing, not as much as when I first watched it though. I did however Realise that the Devil had a role in the film and that made every line he said that much more delicious. Go Satan!

#12 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:42 PM

Rush Hour 2 + Shanghai Noon.

I like the 'Selfish American Co-Star" role better when Owen does it. Other than that, exact replicas.

#13 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:25 PM

Got sick and hallucinated about being in China, showed up to work today. Watched Underclassman, a black guy trying to do an 80's flick today. Doesn't work bub. Followed by Pride and Prejudice.

Darcy kicks arse wub.gif

A short spot of Big Trouble in Little China with a Mission Impossible finish.

A decent day all in all.

#14 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:01 AM

Aww, I fell behind. sad.gif
My favourite part in Powers was when Random Task throws his shoe. lol. At first I had no idea why he did that, but just a little bit of research on Bond films and ah-ha...

Also, why the hell would you close your eyes for Advent Children? Unless you mean blink during it. I didn't find any parts where I should close my eyes.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#15 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:59 PM

I watched Advent Children without playing FF7. It looked very pretty. Not a fucking clue what was going on though. I remember an entire part where he road his motorbike out to some ice and there were some kids and absolutly nothing was accomplished. As far as I can tell, they could have cut that entire part from the film and lost nothing. I think. It was all rather abstract and badly explained.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size