Chefelf.com Night Life: No-flag mild surpriser! - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

No-flag mild surpriser! It's like a shocker, but I'm not usually shocked.

#16 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:11 PM

Hey, my headmaster was a hippie!

Or maybe just a stoner. I'm not sure.
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#17 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:01 PM

They were bloody lucky if I stood up for the pledge in my high school days, though sadly I was dumb enough to do it time and again during my younger and more formative years.

Whenever a teacher bullied and threatened me about it I'd just stand up and give the old fascist salute. Good times, good times.

And this actually does sound like something that makes sense, and for one of only a few times I gotta agree with a principal's actions. If people are using the American flag as a symbol of hatred and unacceptance, then that's a misuse of the flag and they need to be kept from doing that. They wouldn't let me burn a flag in my school, so why should they let other kids wave the flag in the faces of immigrant kids?

That's not a display of national pride, that's a display of biggotry that's only going to lead to racial tension and violence. The principal did the right thing here in my view.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#18 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:38 PM

What the fuck is wrong with America!? Cant you even rally the American flag anymore?

#19 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:47 AM

Rallying behind the flag as a sign of patriotism is awesome. Using the flag as part of a symbolic protest against the very existence of Mexicans is flat-out racist.

I agree this was the wrong way to go about it. Just like taking a game away from kids who are fighting over it rather than trying to teach them not to fight, this school hysterically banned the flag rather than directly punishing the hooliganism that went with it.

An easier thing to do would be to round up the hooligans and suspend them. The best thing is they'd be easy to find, since a lot of them would be waving flags, fer christs sake.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#20 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Apr 2 2006, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rallying behind the flag as a sign of patriotism is awesome. Using the flag as part of a symbolic protest against the very existence of Mexicans is flat-out racist.

I agree this was the wrong way to go about it. Just like taking a game away from kids who are fighting over it rather than trying to teach them not to fight, this school hysterically banned the flag rather than directly punishing the hooliganism that went with it.

An easier thing to do would be to round up the hooligans and suspend them. The best thing is they'd be easy to find, since a lot of them would be waving flags, fer christs sake.

Damn public opinion.... Mexicans kickass, why cant Americans exept that!? angry.gif

#21 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Apr 3 2006, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's not a display of national pride, that's a display of biggotry that's only going to lead to racial tension and violence. The principal did the right thing here in my view.

Yeah thats a good point.

QUOTE (COBNAT @ Apr 3 2006, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn public opinion.... Mexicans kickass, why cant Americans exept that!? angry.gif

I like Mexicans. But illegal immigration is illegal. Immigrate legally and there wont be any problems. Of course our immigration laws and processes are jacked up beyond repair. Somebody dropped the ball and NO it wasn’t George Bush so don’t even start. They’ve been fucked up for a long time. At least he’s addressing the issue. He may not be doing a fantastic job but he’s making an effort.

#22 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Apr 3 2006, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Somebody dropped the ball and NO it wasn’t George Bush so don’t even start. They’ve been fucked up for a long time. At least he’s addressing the issue. He may not be doing a fantastic job but he’s making an effort.

I like Bush. unsure.gif If I was American Id vote for him.

#23 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:27 PM

As far as I see, they should deal with the kids, and not the flag.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#24 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Apr 3 2006, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as I see, they should deal with the kids, and not the flag.

That makes the sense. hihi

#25 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:10 PM

I kinda agree that they should punish the guys and noit the flag, but in this situation there has to be a reason. You have to actually be violationg a school rule, I've been through it before.

My friends and I used to like to wear holes in our jeans and just toss on old clothes off our floor. The staff didn't like that, but they couldnt just write the rules as they went along. Until it was in the rule book they couldn't do anything about it.

This is a little different, but the argument could still be made.

"No no we were just waving the flag, we weren't promoting hatred against sp... I mean Mexicans."

But once you ban all flags (not just the American) you have a basis for going after people who are bringing them in.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#26 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:12 PM

Makes perfect sense.

Do you think they'll re-allow flags after it's all dealt with?

Edit: The bottom of the page kicks ass right now.

Edited Edit: And I don't man just because I'm there. I meant the bottom ad things.

This post has been edited by Otal Nimrodi: 04 April 2006 - 06:13 PM

Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#27 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Apr 4 2006, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Makes perfect sense.

Do you think they'll re-allow flags after it's all dealt with?

Edit: The bottom of the page kicks ass right now.

Edited Edit: And I don't man just because I'm there. I meant the bottom ad things.

I agree with you, if you vote me for president, Ill make sure to send all those people to concentration camps so they can see whats it like to be subjected to racism.

#28 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:57 PM

Edit: Said something stupid. To cover it up, I will say something mildly interesting.

Are you SURE you had meant to quote me?

This post has been edited by Otal Nimrodi: 06 April 2006 - 04:01 PM

Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#29 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2006 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Apr 6 2006, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Edit: Said something stupid. To cover it up, I will say something mildly interesting.

Are you SURE you had meant to quote me?

Woops... damnit, wrong person, sorry.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size