Chefelf.com Night Life: Pepper Dennis - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Pepper Dennis Thursday, March 30, 2006

#16 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Shawnathan @ Apr 11 2006, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take my advice, resist watching any new television show. It's reflects todays pop culture. And todays pop culture SUCKS!

it certainly does...

the drop from the 80s is apparent....

then: cartoons about gaint transforming robots

now: cartoons about card games

then: comedies about doctors in the korean war trying to make the best of the worst possible situation

now: a bunch of overprivilaged sociopaths living in new york (although sinfield get a laugh out of me)

then: game shows like 'it's a knock out' that involved GAINT waterslides, and obsticles and people wailing on each other until someone fell into great pools and so on...

now: game shows were people either become a model, popstar for ten minutes, loose weight, or get humiliated and broken infront of millions

i could keep going it's bringing me down....

#17 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:26 AM

Another reason to be thankful that I don't have any access to English speaking TV.

#18 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 17 2006, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it certainly does...

then: game shows like 'it's a knock out' that involved GAINT waterslides, and obsticles and people wailing on each other until someone fell into great pools and so on...

now: game shows were people either become a model, popstar for ten minutes, loose weight, or get humiliated and broken infront of millions

i could keep going it's bringing me down....

I agree with that from what I noticed, and another thing I see about getting "humiliated," could be in front of a show hostest, when the contests loose the prize money at the end.

Not interested in most of today's pop culture, including the other culture(s) where it seems to me that the singers scream down the microphones.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 24 April 2006 - 06:04 AM

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size