• (2 Pages)
  • +

What if... The Unthinkable Occurs

#1 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:16 PM

What if Episode III is a great movie? Will Chef be out of business?

#2 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:35 PM

I think we'll all be sad because we will not get another list of reason. But at the same time be happy because our beloved Star Wars will be redeemed of its past sins.

But who are we kidding? The movie is going to suck.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#3 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:50 PM

too little time to clean it up now, unless it goes for 4hrs.

shouldn't have spent so much goddamn time on that fucking pod race in Ep 1.
that first film didn't even scratch the surface of the story required!!!

#4 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:54 PM

There's no chance of it being a good movie. If it is you can all meet me here in May of 2005 and watch me eat my hat. Too much to fix up. Even if it's the best movie ever filmed it can't save the prequel trilogy.

The first two movies spend 90% of the time on this silly trade federation/clone army plot and barely any time at all on Anakin's fall to the dark side. Since that story has basically been untold up until Ep III it's just going to be as clumsy and rushed as the first two movies.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#5 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2004 - 12:04 AM

I'm still anticipating the Reasons to Hate Episode 3 hitting the 100 mark!
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#6 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 10 March 2004 - 01:11 AM

Well put, Chef, That should be your introduction to your final installment (tears) of "Reason to Hate".

That really is the bottom line. Lucas spent his time on everything other than the story line.

I'm going to start preparing myself for the embarrassment I will feel in the theater.

Daily preperation: Practice sinking into chair
Rolling of the eyes
Blocking out akward moments
Final speech to my pals when the movie ends
Fast exit from the building

I urge you all to do the same.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#7 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2004 - 10:12 AM

I did all that for AOTC. Practice makes perfect! tongue.gif

#8 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2004 - 10:39 AM

Too late. The failures of the other two movies have essentially ruined any possibility of the third movie being any good. C'mon Chewbacca is going to make an appearance in this movie, How good can it be. If it is even remotely good, it will just add to our fustration as to why he didn't do a good job on the other two movies. Lucas is directing the third movie anyway which is the kiss of death for Ep. III.

#9 User is offline   Ferris Wiel Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2004 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (Mike Mac from NYU @ Mar 10 2004, 10:39 AM)
Too late. The failures of the other two movies have essentially ruined any possibility of the third movie being any good. C'mon Chewbacca is going to make an appearance in this movie, How good can it be. If it is even remotely good, it will just add to our fustration as to why he didn't do a good job on the other two movies. Lucas is directing the third movie anyway which is the kiss of death for Ep. III.

You speak as if Lucas is a bad director. What next, are you going to pick on his writing? laugh.gif

Sorry, I tried to say it with a straight face.

--FW

#10 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 10 March 2004 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Ferris Wiel @ Mar 10 2004, 11:22 AM)
You speak as if Lucas is a bad director. What next, are you going to pick on his writing? laugh.gif

Sorry, I tried to say it with a straight face.

--FW

The entire prequel is like it was written and directed by seventh and eighth graders. I say this in all seriousness, not intending it as some sort of clever insult. It reminds me of the sci-fi stuff I wrote when I was 12-13 except my stuff was a little better (even if it was a little derivative of Star Wars anyway wink.gif).

It's as if there was a "Write The Prequel Trilogy Contest" for 8-12 year olds and they gave the job of making the movies to the runner up.

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#11 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2004 - 03:03 PM

I just don't understand why Lucas can't hire an acting director. He himself admits he's bad with people. So let him direct the movie in a technical sense, which he still is pretty good at, and have someone else direct the actors. Not to mention have someone else write the script, because his writing skills are horrible. I don't understand how it happened, since I thought there really was memorable dialogue in the original 3 SW, not to mention the script for Indiana Jones and American Grafitti. He just lost it, for whatever reason, and needs to hire someone else.

#12 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 10 March 2004 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Mar 9 2004, 10:54 PM)
The first two movies spend 90% of the time on this silly trade federation/clone army plot and barely any time at all on Anakin's fall to the dark side.

oh chefelf, stop hyperbolizing. The trade federation crap only takes up 10% of the first two films... IT'S THE POD RACE THAT TAKES UP 90% OF THE FIRST TWO FILMS.

#13 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 10 March 2004 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Mar 10 2004, 06:30 PM)
oh chefelf, stop hyperbolizing. The trade federation crap only takes up 10% of the first two films... IT'S THE POD RACE THAT TAKES UP 90% OF THE FIRST TWO FILMS.

Good lord, did you see the unedited pod race from the Episode I DVD? It's like twenty minutes long. That damned pod race. That is the worst plot device and most gratuitous excuse for needless special effects in a movie full of bad plot devices and seeming to exist only to showcase needless special effects.

#14 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2004 - 09:29 PM

"That is the worst plot device and most gratuitous excuse for needless special effects in a movie full of bad plot devices and seeming to exist only to showcase needless special effects"

Personally, I think the Kung Fu Yoda lightsaber battle was the most gratuitous use of special effects, but the Pod Race comes in second.

Concerning Ep. I, why didn't Qui-Jon just steal the hypodrive part from Watto instead going through this convoluted "pod race to get money to buythe hypodrive part scheme". And don't tell me this junk about it is dishonorable for a Jedi to steal. Qui-Jon was ready to mid-control Watto into giving him the part against his will and he also conned Watto into giving him Anakin when he force-flipped the two sided dice(?). It seem as dishonorable as stealing. I mean think about it, they NEED this part to to go and save Naboo, this seems important enough for Qui-Jon to make an exception and steal the part, they could always reimburse him later!!! . It's one of those stupid plot points that was so evident to me the first time I saw the movie. Shoot,the only reason to have the Pod Race is for a special effects exhibition. It's stupid.

#15 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2004 - 09:40 PM

Really, how fun is it to watch a race when you already know who's going to win? How much more interesting would it have been if Anakin lost? Wait, that would require GL to be a little more imaginative with the plot.

Never mind. tongue.gif

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size