• Last »

Oblivion, anyone? Wooooooooooooooooooo!

#1 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:20 PM

I got it the day it came out (Monday), and it absolutely rules. The world is huge and beautiful, and the NPCs aren't as awesome as I'd hoped, but it's strange (and cool) to see a monk sleeping, and come back in five minutes only to find that he's outside tending to his garden. Hunting deer and wolf are great fun too.

The only complaints I have are that the whole game really shows that it was developed simultaneosly for Xbox and PC. Hardcore RPGers will be dissappointed at the lack of depth in the RPG section, and some of your skills are just as good at beginning level as they are at master level (lockpicking and persuasion are really easy).

My only other complaint is that the game is almost unbearable in the computer specs. It's really a beast, and when two NPCs fight, my CPU almost goes into a standstill. I was really sort of dissappointed at this, seeing as my computer played HL2 fine (except for the damn loading). The only thing below reccommended specs on my computer is the RAM and video card, neither by very much. sad.gif

Any ideas as to which I should upgrade first, the RAM or card? 512 MB ram, Radeon 9600 PRO card.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#2 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:06 AM

RAM. Can't ever have enough of that. The graphics card should do for another season. Hmm... now where can I get my hands on a copy of Oblivion... hmm...

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#3 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:40 AM

I got it the day it came out here(Thursday) and it doesn't run. I'll have to wait until the end of the financial year(which is months away)before I'll have the cash to upgrade(yay tax return!). This is such a pain in the ass. If I didn't have to spend $1600 on bloody car repairs in the last year, things would be fine. Fucking car yell.gif
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#4 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:09 AM

It's not yet out here. I am keeping an eye on it and checking shops every couple of days. Problem is, nobody knows for sure when it will be out. And then I am not sure if it will run, considering the huge requirements...

#5 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:10 AM

You can always have an American company ship it to you, or you can have one of them ship it to one of us and we can ship it to you wink.gif

Seriously, though.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#6 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:09 PM

Thanx, floppy, but I know for sure that it WILL be out, the local distributor is already selling the special edition though the internet shop, but I'll be damned if I am going to pay ten more bucks for the "original coin from Tamriel empire" or whatever is there among the extras... smile.gif

Anyway, Amazon DOES NOT ship to my country, apparently we are too backwater for that, which is a shame, because I would dearly love to get the Elder Scrolls III Morrowind in English which is not available here (Oblivion will be in English, though). But I am getting Neverwinter Nights for my birthday present, my friend from London is getting me that. Funny, he was not able to find Morrowind...

I was so desperate that I did get a Polish version of Morrowind several days ago...And I am totally lost in this game now. Is Oblivion similar when it comes to controls? I wish the NPC were nicer and "humanlike", did they improve the graphics?

#7 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:25 PM

Just a little. wink.gif
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#8 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:35 PM

Im just gonna buy it for the 360. anyways, i was looking at the map of the game from a friend, it was really confusing, it looked like morrowind borderd it but i thought morrowind was in the middle of a lake surrounded buy water. and where is the land and where is the ocean? its damn confusing!
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#9 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:59 AM

The game of Morrowind was set on the island of Vardenfall, which is in the centre of Morrowind. Cyrodiil shares the Eastern border of mainland morrowind. See the map here:
http://www.morrowind...x/races_map.htm

I got the collecters edition. Comes with a bonus DVD, a pocket guide to the empire and one septim. To my mind, I wasn't paying for the extras, but rather showing my appreciation for how much I liked Morrowind by paying extra for Oblivion.

And just to rub it in that I can't play it yet, my friend rang me up this morning and gave me a running comentary of the opening dungeon. The bastard.
Though, I think he's foolish, playing an Cyrodiilic Archer. If you're going to play an archer you should be Bosmeri. Meyh. When I get it up and running, I'll be playing some form of Redguard Knight.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#10 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:59 AM

*sigh*
I have just ordered the Collercor's edition in an internet shop. I found out that the normal edition won't be out till 10th April, tha's way too long, and I've been waiting to get this February. I should get it tomorrow or on Tuesday. Also, it needs 2 GHz, and I've got only 1,6 GHz, I wonder if it will run...

#11 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:13 AM

Sure will... the only question is, whether it will run in an enjoyable fashion...

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#12 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:41 AM

Wow, Madam, you probably shouldn't even bother if you only have a 1.6 Ghz. The stupid thing is almost unplayable on my PC, and I've got a 3.2 Ghz, 512 Ram, and the Radeon 9600 PRO video card. I'm going to wait to upgrade my PC before I play it.

This post has been edited by floppydisk: 26 March 2006 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#13 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:28 PM

Yeah, I know I would probably have to wait to play it until I get a new comp - my current one is 4 years old, so it is higt time I got a new one.

But I just HAD to get it while it is out....

#14 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:12 PM

Game collecting. I've got games I bought over a year ago that I haven't touched, just because they were really cheap, and I knew they were good games. I just haven't felt like playing them yet.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#15 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:02 PM

New plan. Getting a loan for about two grand and upgrading my computer. This has the added bonus of giving me a credit rating, which will make things easier in future.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size