Chefelf.com Night Life: 'Chef' can't stomach own dish! - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (3 Pages)
  • +

'Chef' can't stomach own dish! 01.15.06 (not CHEFelf)

#1 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:26 PM

Isaac Hayes quits 'South Park'
The soul singer is unhappy at religious gags

Soul singer Isaac Hayes has quit cartoon 'South Park' after an episodes lampooning religion.

The star who has provided the voice for character Chef since the show's inception, has become upset at recent shows that have attacked spirituality.

"There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins," Hayes said in a statement after he announced he had been asked to be let out of his contract.

"Religious beliefs are sacred to people, and at all times should be respected and honoured," he added. "As a civil rights activist of the past 40 years, I cannot support a show that disrespects those beliefs and practices."

A recent episode of the programme sent up Tom Cruise and Scientology, which is also Haynes' religion, although he did not specifically mention that show in his statement.

However 'South Park''s co-creator Matt Stone declared that the episode - 'Trapped In The Closet' - was the reason behind Haynes' move, suggesting his respect for religious beliefs was narrow.

"This is 100 percent having to do with his faith of Scientology," Stone told the Associated Press. "He has no problem - and he's cashed plenty of cheques - with our show making fun of Christians."

Producers have yet to decide whether the Chef character will be axed or re-voiced.
original article

damnit children!

yeah funny how he had no problem doing it for a decade... but when they got to his...
(yeah, Matt Stone already said what i wanted to)

well i won't be sucking HIS chocolate salty balls anymore....

and i thought scientologists could wish their problems away with posative thinking.

oh well...

I'm sure Tom 'if that stage hand looks me in the eyes he's fired' Cruise has got his back.

This post has been edited by barend: 14 March 2006 - 07:31 PM

#2 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:40 PM

Do they really need to make jokes about scientology? It's like celebrities realized that just heroin and hookers weren't making them look stupid enough so they took up scientology.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#3 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:49 PM

Not only to be open but when spiritualism is criticised, are facts pointed out to prove what they are stating?

#4 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:11 PM

usually... and in depth.

#5 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:12 PM

They were talking about this on Triple J yesterday afternoon. A girl rang in to say that after listening to the Chocolate Salty Balls song, her and her friends actually tried making the recipie. Apparantly, it's a little dodgy. Rather then Chocolate Salty Balls, they ended up with Chocolate Salty Shlush.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#6 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 15 March 2006 - 04:02 AM

There's gotta be something in there about how men make the balls, and women suck on them, or something, but I don't know.

Deepsycher, everything needed to discredit and belittle Scientology can be found in L R Hubbard's "Dianetics." It's the most amazing bunch of nonsense ever written. There's little to compare it with. Of course, the fact that celebrity proponents of the religion, with the exception of John Travolta, have all made asses of themselves in public, well that doesn't hurt either.

This post has been edited by civilian_number_two: 15 March 2006 - 04:03 AM

"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#7 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:52 AM

Oh no. Not another poor soul offended by someone applying not proper respect to his beliefs...

I think I'll go play some more pirates to wash the aftertaste...

#8 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Mar 15 2006, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh no. Not another poor soul offended by someone applying not proper respect to his beliefs...

Ha ha. mellow.gif

If he wasn’t being such a fucking hypocrite I might care for a second or so. They have made fun of every race, religion, nationality, and celebrity - ever. Don’t see why Hayes should start caring now.

#9 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Mar 15 2006, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Deepsycher, everything needed to discredit and belittle Scientology can be found in L R Hubbard's "Dianetics." It's the most amazing bunch of nonsense ever written. There's little to compare it with. Of course, the fact that celebrity proponents of the religion, with the exception of John Travolta, have all made asses of themselves in public, well that doesn't hurt either.

As long as there are facts to prove what they are saying, if there are no facts then I can see offence. Well I never heard of Dianetics and Scientology so I need to look just for now.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 15 March 2006 - 01:44 PM

#10 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 15 March 2006 - 04:46 PM

I just remembered the Christmas speacial, which included a song with the lyrics "You can suck all the dick you want and still be a Virgin, Mary." That came out like 5 years ago, and since then and before they have made fun of religions and ethnicities of all types. So yeah, everything Matt Stone said.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#11 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:48 PM

Personally, I think he's an idiot for quitting. If it was me, I wouldn't mind if they took the piss out of anything I believe in. I mean Matt Stone himself is Jewish, and look how much piss they have taken out of the Jews over the years. He needs to grow up and just accept that its the way South Park was suppose to be.

#12 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 15 March 2006 - 06:20 PM

it's just this kind of hypocritical bullshit that led to POLITICAL CORRECTNESS... (you know that system by which terms such as 'you people' and 'black' are offensive, and asking a girl to make you a coffee is pure evil, but making fun of fat people until they commit suicide is okay)

#13 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:13 PM

I am still unsure here, of using false information to make entertainment or to dis-recommend religions, especially for the bibles and statements that were modified?

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 15 March 2006 - 08:20 PM

#14 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Civilian # 2)
Of course, the fact that celebrity proponents of the religion, with the exception of John Travolta, have all made asses of themselves in public, well that doesn't hurt either.

John Travolta never publicly embarassed himself? Well maybe not exactly in a criminal way, but when someone asks you whether you'd rather be recorded with a prostitute and some drugs or be recorded starring in Battlefield Earth, I think any sane individual would go for the first one.

Deepsycher - Program:/Assimilate: Human "jokes" are not always rooted in "hard facts".

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#15 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Mar 15 2006, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when someone asks you whether you'd rather be recorded with a prostitute and some drugs or be recorded starring in Battlefield Earth, I think any sane individual would go for the first one.

laugh.gif

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size