• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Reason 17 NT references to OT

#76 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:37 PM

Come on Jariten; tell us what he says about the scene from the DVD. Puh-weease?

I suggest the reason he doesn't add scenes to the film on the DVDs for the PT is that if he did, there'd be no bonus scenes to tout. But from your perspective, why insert them at all? The SW OT DVDs include no bonus "deleted" scenes.

#77 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2006 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Apr 23 2006, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Come on Jariten; tell us what he says about the scene from the DVD. Puh-weease?

I suggest the reason he doesn't add scenes to the film on the DVDs for the PT is that if he did, there'd be no bonus scenes to tout. But from your perspective, why insert them at all? The SW OT DVDs include no bonus "deleted" scenes.

But he did though. On the CUT/REMOVED/DELETED scenes section of the DVD, there is a whole extended start to the podrace. Most of which is tedious crap but anyway, Lucas took the parts of that he liked and put them into the film.
Why insert what? The deleted scenes into the DVD? Some people enjoy them I suppose. I remember one early DVD rumour being that you would have the option to watch the whole thing with blue/green screen. Presumably in an effort to preserve the magic he decided not to. An interesting idea though.

And my copy of TPM is sadly sat thousands of miles away in Manchester somewhere, so i'm not sure what Lucas' take on it is. And I don't see how that could save Harmonica anyway.

Unless he says

Please, consider this cut scene not a cut scene at all. I know that almost everyone would agree that if I cut the scene, it was my intention not to have that scene be considered part of the film, but you see that wasn't my desire at all. Before the theatrical version was released, (I came under the sway of evil mind aliens from outer space/my milk was drugged/I was hypnotised) and I was forced against my will to cut the scene. "Ha ha!" I thought, "I've still got the DVD release MONTHS AWAY, I'll just put this scene back into the DVD then!" But alas, they were onto me, and (I came under the sway of evil mind aliens from outer space/my milk was drugged/I was hypnotised) again, and once again I was FORCED AGAINST MY WILL to remove the scene.
So, the greedo scene is part of TPM now. Got it? I hope this doesn't confuse the majority of the population of this universe and the next, who quite rightly believe that when a director cuts the scene he does it so that it won't be considered part of the film.

Yes, that would help Harmonica's case.

#78 User is offline   Harmonica Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:00 PM

Excuses, excuses, excuses. That’s all you continue to give me.

You're absolutely right. Making excuses, especially for other people, is a positively silly thing to do. (Now then, I think I'll go say "Greedo was never in the prequels, so Lucas really didn't go overboard with his random character insertions!" three hundred times. biggrin.gif )

It was his final desire to take it out of the film (or was he drugged?! See later)

Drugged? Nothing so grand, I imagine. Probably a call from a Twentieth Century Fox representative saying "George, we find that your movie is too long. As per your contract, you have to cut it down some." Because he has a responsibility to his distributors, he reluctantly removes a few scenes to decrease the running time. I've been saying this from the start. Given that this is the standard operating procedure for long movies, I really don't see what's so hard to believe about this possibility.

Let’s take the Padme family scenes in AotC- Lucas said he cut them for time reasons (he thought the dialogue was better expressed elsewhere) while still maintaining that he loved the scenes and WAS SAD TO SEE THEM GO (paraphrase).

laugh.gif

And my copy of TPM is sadly sat thousands of miles away in Manchester somewhere, so i'm not sure what Lucas' take on it is.

So what you're saying is, what you think about Lucas is not a 100% fact and you do not have any new information to tell me?

Well, if that's the case, then I really don't see any pressing reasons to continue with this. Carry on. smile.gif

#79 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:55 PM

You completly refused to even attempt to address any of the stuff I asked!! I like your new avoidance tactic, but its not going to win the crowd over.

It's funny how you keep asking me for proof or information, but yet you are unable to provide anything of your own past "well, this probably happened! Doesn't wild speculation win arguments these days?"

You STILL havn't answered why Lucas' commentary would help your argument (although I still find the back door you slyly crafted for yourself amusing), unless of course he reveals that it was his DESIRE to include the Greedo scene but for some unknown reason (see the drugs, aliens stuff above) he didn't.

Which we both know he doesn't. Loved the Fox stuff by the way. Who of course have the power to step in and influence independant filmmaker GEORGE LUCAS who is making a SELF FUNDED film which is also guarenteed to be the biggest box office draw of the year.

Not only that, you STILL have failed to explain that if it was Lucas' DESIRE to put Greedo into TPM but the aliens stopped him (which frankly I find more believable than Fox execs), why didn't he reinsert it back into the DVD release of TPM, like he did with (for example) the extended podrace opening and the trip to Palpatines office?

Here's why (for anyone still reading this thread whos brains haven't melted out of their heads yet)-
It was his desire to keep it out of the film.

Which brings us back AGAIN to the glaring, screaming contradiction in your argument (and no, i'm not typing it out again, a 5 year old could see it), which you still haven't explained.

If anyone elses cares to step in and make sense of Harmonicas mess (interesting that they haven't yet), please. I'm guessing the guy himself isn't going to provide much else past a few more smilies for coverup.

I'm quoting this again cos it really does sum up what your Lucas commentary would need to have your argument make sense

Please, consider this cut scene not a cut scene at all. I know that almost everyone would agree that if I cut the scene, it was my intention not to have that scene be considered part of the film, but you see that wasn't my desire at all. Before the theatrical version was released, (I came under the sway of evil mind aliens from outer space/my milk was drugged/I was hypnotised) and I was forced against my will to cut the scene. "Ha ha!" I thought, "I've still got the DVD release MONTHS AWAY, I'll just put this scene back into the DVD then!" But alas, they were onto me, and (I came under the sway of evil mind aliens from outer space/my milk was drugged/I was hypnotised) again, and once again I was FORCED AGAINST MY WILL to remove the scene.
So, the greedo scene is part of TPM now. Got it? I hope this doesn't confuse the majority of the population of this universe and the next, who quite rightly believe that when a director cuts the scene he does it so that it won't be considered part of the film.

This post has been edited by jariten: 24 April 2006 - 11:57 PM

#80 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:49 AM

I thought his post was funny. Especially where he quoted you J.
Albeit taken out of context, they strip to the core.

But you're right, many of the 5-year-olds wouldn't automatically presume it was Greedo.

It's too bad the movie was made for 5-year-olds. sad.gif

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size