• +

An offer you cant refuse

#1 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:14 PM

I just finished watching Godfather 3, I want to know, why do so many people despise it? I admit its not as good as the first two (far from it) but it was still entertaining, post what you think about Godfather 1,2 and 3.

#2 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (COBNAT @ Mar 8 2006, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just finished watching Godfather 3, I want to know, why do so many people despise it? I admit its not as good as the first two (far from it) but it was still entertaining, post what you think about Godfather 1,2 and 3.

Nobody's ever satisfied with the third entries. Call it... Threequel-itis.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#3 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:05 PM

Some of the scenes were interesting to me, unfortunately I cannot remember names:

(1) A person who got strangled in a car for causing a gun war between the families, including the organised perforating of those in their beds, targeting someone in a turning door, and slaughtering some members in a lift.

(2) The man who repeatedly got shot near in station for trying to go after one of his ladies due to abuse. He said before, “You just wait there!” over the phone.

(3) The lady who got blown up after starting the car, unsure if bomb was fixed to the engine or was planted in a suitcase at the back.

(4) At the end when the man's daughter who got shot upwards after leaving the theatre.

#4 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:08 PM

The first was the best, the second ws good, and the third would have been good if it didn't have to live up to the expectation of the first two.
OH NO!!!

#5 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:45 PM

I like the first one the best. Its too bad Michael’s first wife got blown up. She was way hotter than his second wife and probably wouldn’t have aborted any of his offspring.

#6 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:59 PM

The second got more oscars than the first. I still have pt. 2 in my stack of taped movies to watch. I suppose I could get the dvd....

threequels? I actually liked BTTF 3 better than 2. ROTJ sucked. wink.gif

#7 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:21 AM

There's a scene in GODFATHER PART THREE where a helicopter hovers outside an office window and a sidegunner kills everyone in the room. Presumably then the helicopter just flies away and the police never look into it.

In THE GODFATHER, Michael shoots a police Captain with a gun hidden behind a toilet and he has to hide in Sicily under an assumed name for two years.

That's what wrong with Part Three. It's just a bunch of nonsense and it makes no effort at realism.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#8 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (ion eon @ Mar 8 2006, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The first was the best, the second ws good, and the third would have been good if it didn't have to live up to the expectation of the first two.

Give this man a cigar, I think he just explained Matrix: Reloaded AND Star Wars 1,2 and 3.

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Mar 8 2006, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a scene in GODFATHER PART THREE where a helicopter hovers outside an office window and a sidegunner kills everyone in the room. Presumably then the helicopter just flies away and the police never look into it.

In THE GODFATHER, Michael shoots a police Captain with a gun hidden behind a toilet and he has to hide in Sicily under an assumed name for two years.

That's what wrong with Part Three. It's just a bunch of nonsense and it makes no effort at realism.

But isnt "The Godfather" based on a real story and/or real family?

#9 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:40 AM

I have "The Godfather" trilogy set on DVD. (Got it for my dad on his birthday)
I've seen all three, but I haven't watched the DVDs yet.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#10 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:26 AM

There isn't much difference, just better looking
OH NO!!!

#11 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (COBNAT @ Mar 9 2006, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The first two movies were based on the book, The Godfather. I cant say for sure if they were based on an actual family.

#12 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:43 AM

They were based on conditions at the time.
OH NO!!!

#13 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Mar 9 2006, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The first two movies were based on the book, The Godfather. I cant say for sure if they were based on an actual family.

Hm... I think I had an uncle that read a book called "The Last Don" which was based in the 60's, it was alot like Godfather 3 from what he told me.

QUOTE (ion eon @ Mar 9 2006, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They were based on conditions at the time.

You mean like the game "Mafia"?

#14 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 11 March 2006 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (COBNAT @ Mar 9 2006, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not at all. Puzo was inspired by "King Lear," but he didn't follow it in plot or execution. Basically all he had was a dying leader and his three children. As much as it's based on actual history, there were Italian American mobsters, they were involved in gambling, and to some extent they tried to stay out of drugs for a while. Some characters are inspired by real people, the most obvious being Moe Greene/Bugsy Siegel. As for GF pt III, there were rumours that Pope John Paul I had been assassinated, and that there had been a plot to embezzle vatican funds.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#15 User is offline   Casual Fan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:41 PM

Like most bad sequels, Godfather part III works fairly well as a standalone movie.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size