Chefelf.com Night Life: Buckaroo Banzai - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Buckaroo Banzai Across the eighth dimension!

#1 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:42 PM

Do any of you out there love this classic of silly sci fi? I can recall watching it way back in the eighties and being scared by the torture room scene, and thinking New Jersey really was an odd name for a cowboy. It was also the first movie I ever saw with Christopher Lloyd.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#2 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:07 AM

It's awesome! And yeah, you can't take it seriously. Like when we are asked to accept the fiction that the Lectrons have a scent that deludes human minds into seeing them as other humans, we're not to pay attention to the fact that they all photograph as humans and appear as humans when viewed on television. What's the watermelon for? I'll tell you later. LOL!
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#3 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:21 AM

I own the DVD. Good stuff. Where else but Buckaroo Banzai can you see Robocop, the Kurgan, Brundlefly, Doc Brown/Commander Kruge, and Richard "Dick" Solomon all occupying the same running time?
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size