Posted 22 April 2006 - 02:04 AM

Does anyone here like Lil' Wayne?
OH NO!!!

#18 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:52 AM

My only contact with rap is occasionally hearing someone blasting it lout enough that I can hear it quite clearly from inside a building.

So far, I'm not impressed.
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#19 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:46 PM

lol, it definitely isnt for everyone
OH NO!!!

#20 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, only the most intelligent, eloquent and sophisticated people can hope to grasp it's deeper thoughts.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#21 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:53 PM

very valid point
OH NO!!!

#22 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Apr 22 2006, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, only the most intelligent, eloquent and sophisticated people can hope to grasp it's deeper thoughts.

You can only be refering to the "from the window to the wall" song and "now everybody in the club gittin' tips."

sick.gif

excuse me. I meant "no erbody in the club gin tips."

mellow.gif

sick.gif

This post has been edited by Sailor Abbey: 22 April 2006 - 12:56 PM

#23 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:57 PM

E~xactly, Miss Abbey.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#24 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2006 - 01:01 PM

what do you listen to then
OH NO!!!

#25 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 22 April 2006 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Mar 7 2006, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lets put it this way, if I have to listen to "Nasty Girl" another fucking time, I'm buying a machette. Hopefully enough said.
I think Key LIme Pie is just as bad.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#26 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 22 April 2006 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (ion eon @ Apr 22 2006, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what do you listen to then

I myself appreciate a wide variety of music, from traditional Irish folk to house to new agey hippy crap to hip hop. Just not hip pop. Fuck pop music and fuck all those stupid sell outs. Fuck em all!

I'm a HUGE Tori Amos fan, but I gotta admit, her last two albums werent all that great, but at least shes making music the way she wants and isnt catering to anybody.

I’m also a fan of Ravi Shankar. Sitar music is the best music to have sex to. I highly recommend it.

This post has been edited by Sailor Abbey: 22 April 2006 - 01:37 PM

#27 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:28 PM

*takes notes over sailor abbey's post*
OH NO!!!

#28 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:59 AM

I should also add, I'm a pretty big Led Zeppelin fan as well. But then, who isnt.

#29 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 23 April 2006 - 01:15 PM

I also like Zeppelin, but have a "reaction" to Tori Amos. Early in her career, she flatly admitted that her main inspiration was Kate Bush. At that time, although she was a mere parody of Bush's lyrical style, at least she was honest and not bothersome. Later in her career, after Bush took a decade off to have children and to decline the pop scene, Amos stopped mentioning her at all. Suddenly when asked who inspired her, she'd pick entirely dissimilar artists, particularly Elton John of all people, because I don't know, he plays a piano. Of course Kate Bush's obscurity is her own fault, but it really irks me when a new artist comes along and folks say "She sounds like Tori Amos." No, folks. She sounds like Kate Bush.

Kat's latest 2-disc release includes an experiment where she actually sings the first 70 or so digits of pi. How's that for avoiding the radio? Anyway, it's amazing.

Also, on topic, I hate hip pop, and most rap seems to be about glorifying pimp and gangster culture. All 50 cent sings about is his bling, and that god damned pimp song, which is monotonous drivel, was not worth an Academy Award. I don't hate rap in general, but the genre is more bad than good.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#30 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2006 - 01:51 PM

Well, I don’t know who Kate Bush is. I love Tori’s piano, sound of her voice, and the emotion behind the two. I’m not real big on lyrics – that’s usually the last thing that grabs my attention when listening to a song. Maybe after the ninth or tenth time I hear it I might attempt to discern the lyrics. Might have something to do with all the foreign music I listen to – I have no idea what half of it means. They could be singing about voting for Ted Kennedy for President in 08 and as long as the music and voice quality is good, I could care.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size