Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (diligent_d @ Apr 27 2006, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate that R2 can fly.

Stop posting on topic!

#137 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:44 AM

Which characters OUGHT to be able to fly? I remember when Vader "flew" down the stairs in ESB, that was cool.

#138 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Apr 26 2006, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doesn't matter if you said cats were smarter than humans. You implied that cats were smarter than humans with your rants.

I did no such thing. There you go putting words into my mouth. Show me where I implied that.

You can keep trying to piss me off, if you wish, but it's not gonna happen.

I’m not trying to piss you off. I say again: if I ever said cats are smarter than humans (which I cant find anywhere in my previous posts) it was probably only to piss you off.

I didn’t say cats are smarter than humans, therefore, I wasn’t trying to piss you off.

My point, all along, was that cats are stupid compared to human beings. Stupid is one way of saying "not very intelligent".

And my point was that you are wrong. Cats are very intelligent.

Are you implying that I inferred that cats are retarded?

What I’m saying is that maybe you are basing your knowledge of feline intelligence from personal observations of your cats, which very well may be retarded by the way you are describing them.

If cats have an intelligence that is not greater than human intelligence, it means their intelligence is less than, or equal to the intelligence of humans. If we are referring to an adult cat, and an adult human, then the cats' intelligence is less than a human's, due to the fact that the 'experts' agree that cats have the same intellectual prowess of a 2 or 3 year old. Compared to humans, cats are not very intelligent, which means, to a human, a cat is stupid.

I’m sorry Jejef, but there’s no way you are going to dig your way out of this hole. Your original posts claimed that cats were stupid, now your trying to justify your use of the word stupid. Your argument is reminiscent of one who has realized his mistake but refuses to admit it.

Are you really 30?

I asked your buddy, the dictionary, what he thought the word “stupid” means. He said “lacking intelligence or common sense.”

Lemme guess, now your going to use the "the dictionary doesnt know everything" argument that has been used on you so many times.

rolleyes.gif

Lets here it then.

This post has been edited by Sailor Abbey: 27 April 2006 - 09:03 AM

#139 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Apr 27 2006, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did no such thing. There you go putting words into my mouth. Show me where I implied that.
I’m not trying to piss you off. I say again: if I ever said cats are smarter than humans (which I cant find anywhere in my previous posts) it was probably only to piss you off.

I didn’t say cats are smarter than humans, therefore, I wasn’t trying to piss you off.
And my point was that you are wrong. Cats are very intelligent.
What I’m saying is that maybe you are basing your knowledge of feline intelligence from personal observations of your cats, which very well may be retarded by the way you are describing them.
I’m sorry Jejef, but there’s no way you are going to dig your way out of this hole. Your original posts claimed that cats were stupid, now your trying to justify your use of the word stupid. Your argument is reminiscent of one who has realized his mistake but refuses to admit it.

Are you really 30?

I asked your buddy, the dictionary, what he thought the word “stupid” means. He said “lacking intelligence or common sense.”

Lemme guess, now your going to use the "the dictionary doesnt know everything" argument that has been used on you so many times.

rolleyes.gif

Lets here it then.

For the love of all things holy, I gave you the same definition of the word 'stupid'. "Lacking intelligence or common sense" means "not very intelligent", does it not? I don't have to use my 'buddy', the dictionary, to know that stupid means stupid. The only thing they should add to the definition is a picture of Britney Spears dropping her baby on the floor. Oops! I did it again! I refuse to argue about the intelligence, or rather the lack thereof, of felines any longer.

Moving right along... R2-D2 has jets. Some think this is a STUPID idea. I think they serve a minimal purpose, and are not completely STUPID. Discuss. Somebody?

(chirp)

(a deafening silence ensues)

(chirp)

Ok, yeah, the jets thing is STUPID. Jets suck. Tee-hee! La-la!

QUOTE (Despondent @ Apr 27 2006, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which characters OUGHT to be able to fly? I remember when Vader "flew" down the stairs in ESB, that was cool.

It would be awesome to see old Ben Kenobi fly. With a cape.

#140 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:54 PM

good lets just stop posting all toether here...

calling cats stupid is as stupid as saying jets are for hovering in world that has hover technology.

#141 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:33 PM

Ok, so we know Artoo didn't have the jet boots removed, because none of the movies include such a scene.

I was just thinking; maybe they got replaced in the Droid Factory scene, but we didn't happen to see it. That explanation would make the most sense (but you can see it on that "fantasy scenes" bonus DVD).

And soon in the NEW episode four, R5D4* will blast off just as he's being sold by the Jawas; clearing the way for R2 to join the Lars family. Must have been fate.

edit- *also happened to be in the droid factory at the time, which really isn't that much of a stretch. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Despondent: 27 April 2006 - 10:35 PM

#142 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:31 PM

I'm sorry I ruined your Panther Party.

#143 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:27 PM

i thought it was a monkey party?

#144 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:30 PM

Ewok Party!!!

#145 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:33 PM

ewoks are stupid, they don't have computers.

#146 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Apr 30 2006, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ewoks are stupid, they don't have computers.

Or prehensile tails.

#147 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:42 AM

prehensile tails are stupid, they can't drive cars.

#148 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (barend @ May 1 2006, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
prehensile tails are stupid, they can't drive cars.

Prehensile tails yar good, would not be good if tails prehensile are to be had? Drive the cars for the prehensile tail is good. I don't think cars good, especially if cars with prehensile tails are bad? Makes sense good, jah?

#149 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:29 PM

No. No it doesn't.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#150 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:15 PM

not even slighlty...

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size