Chefelf.com Night Life: Did Plageuis Create Anakin or was it the Force? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Did Plageuis Create Anakin or was it the Force? Would this not be a contradiction.

#31 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:26 AM

Yeah that’s an excellent question. Why do any Sith Lords for that matter, go out and find apprentices, when they can get laid and get an apprentice, all at once? Hmmm, that’s an excellent question indeed.

#32 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:28 AM

Maybe being a Sith includes being gay.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#33 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:38 AM

No I dont think so. They just dont put out a lot of homosexual energy. More likely than not, George Lucas is gay and the idea of a Sith having sex with a living female never even crossed his mind.

#34 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:42 PM

I don't remember seeing any "Fabi"
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#35 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Feb 24 2006, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More likely than not, George Lucas is gay and the idea of a Sith having sex with a living female never even crossed his mind.

Or the idea of anyone except for two people in the entire universe having sex pinch.gif
Or not making so many of the characters so interrelated that it virtually defies the Law of Probability.

This post has been edited by Zatoichi: 24 February 2006 - 02:10 PM

Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#36 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:18 PM

You know, you're so right, and I'm also starting to think that Padme was never really ever pregnant. She probably just grabbed the nearest throw pillow to stuff under her dress at various times, and this would totally explain her varying degrees of pregnancy. Padme used the pregnancy to keep Anakin.

And then Luke and Leia are just two the latest Jedi babies which the Jedi took from their parents... the mystery deepens... or the crap deepens (your pick).
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#37 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:14 PM

Always in motion the plot of the prequels is.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#38 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:41 AM

In motion like a roller coaster it is.
OH NO!!!

#39 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Feb 21 2006, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you're kidding right?

i realize that anikan verbalizes EVERY thought and intention he has...

but Palpatine likes to be more subtle...

i realize that so far in the story you've been spoonfed every little thing... but it get's to a point where you have to surley be able to see the unnanounced obvious.

according to palpatine:

'darth plagus taught his apprentice how to create life from the ambient MCs'
(he gives anikan a sly look telling him this)

'DP was killed by his apprentice'
(a proud cheeky grin)

'my master didn't ....
you know what... i've already done this, and i'm tired of doing this... you, like so many others, are hoping there's someother explanation here....

is it a defensive thing? does the thought of the guy who made luke and leiah siblings and children of vader, and greedo the dude who picked on anikan, and boba fett the borther of the clones, and C3P0 anikans creation, yoda chewbaccas friend, etc etc etc, resorting to throwing in the emporer being anikans father as something TOO out of character?

believe what you want, but don't you dare claim it's not staring you in the face...

There are so many people on these forums that can't see things when they are subtly hinted at. The PT is full of subtlety. Why do they mention there never was a father? Why does R2-D2 have jets in his arms/legs? Why does he have any aftermarket modifications? Why is Anakin's starfighter faster than all the other Jedi starfighters? Why do most people not see Zam Wessel change into her reptilian form while she is still piloting her speeder? Why do they have secret plans to build the Death Star? (Ok, that one's not so subtle) Why does Jar Jar hand over supreme executive power to Palps? Why, why, why? This is what I got out of Palps' convo with Anakin: keep in mind this is after Maul was being trained to be his apprentice... Plagueis creates Anakin, fully knowing he was going to be killed. Palps kills Plagueis. Episode I happens. Shmi says there never was a father. The whole time, Palpy knows Anakin is the MC manipulated Chosen One. He begins to act as a father figure to Ani. He subtly guides Ani ever closer to the dark side, until finally... BOOM! Anakin almost dies and the only thing left of Ani is hatred and betrayal. Vader becomes Palpy's puppet. Is it any wonder why Vader ends up giving Palpy the shaft? The whole time, Palpatine lied to Anakin about Plagueis' apprentice learning how to control the midichlorians. He doesn't have a clue on how to do it. That being said, there is a lot of good reading material out there for those who just don't get it.

#40 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:11 PM

Oh, I get it all right. It's just not as entertaining as the Classic trilogy. You can pretend it is, but you're wrong or you have lousy taste.

The relationship stuff in the OT was layered and interesting. The PT vomits in your lap and tells you to like it.

#41 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:55 PM

If its not as entertaining, then why do so many people like it? Im expecting you are going to say someting to the effect of "They are all idiots brainwashed by lucas, they dont understand the magical essence of the OT. Only a select group of apparently more qualified people then George Lucas whose been directing movies all his life,people at a internet forum who spend their day arguing over comic books can decide what star wars should be." No i believe you are taking the series so seriously that its lost its fun and you are the one who has bad taste.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#42 User is offline   Azrael23 Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Feb 25 2006, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Plagueis creates Anakin, fully knowing he was going to be killed. Palps kills Plagueis. Episode I happens. Shmi says there never was a father. The whole time, Palpy knows Anakin is the MC manipulated Chosen One. He begins to act as a father figure to Ani. He subtly guides Ani ever closer to the dark side, until finally... BOOM! Anakin almost dies and the only thing left of Ani is hatred and betrayal. Vader becomes Palpy's puppet. Is it any wonder why Vader ends up giving Palpy the shaft? The whole time, Palpatine lied to Anakin about Plagueis' apprentice learning how to control the midichlorians. He doesn't have a clue on how to do it. That being said, there is a lot of good reading material out there for those who just don't get it.

But some of those events doesn't make sense from a timeline perspective
especially if you say Plagueis created Anakin. Had Plagueis himself created Anakin
then Anakin should be far older than Darth Maul in Episode 1 which he is not.
And if Palpatine knew Anakin was the chosen one from the very begining then why
didn't he take steps in locating Anakin from the start? Why train Maul from birth when
there was a force adept more powerful?

Maul is taken from birth for training as a Sith, this is no doubt AFTER Sidious kills his master
Plaguise, therefore Anakin would have already been concieved, and possibly already born.
That would make Maul either younger than Anakin or atleast around his age.

This post has been edited by Azrael23: 25 February 2006 - 02:59 PM

#43 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:21 PM

THis is why i believe that THe force created Anakin on its own. I just think in Episode 3 the whole midichlorian thing was added in to stress that palpatine supposedly knew how to stop death. I think the fact that it sounded like plagis or palps created him was a coincidence.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#44 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:34 PM

Yup, I think so, too. The focus was definitely on the possibility that death could be stopped. Plus, hey, Palps is a Sith, a bad guy - maybe he was just lying about his master and those tremendous powers he posessed.

Anakin: You're the evil Sith dude!
Palpatine: Why of course I am. Just how many times did you have to watch Episode VI to figure that out? Wanna become a Sith now?
Anakin: No! I'm a jedi!
Palpatine: Yeah, yeah, sure - hey, did I mention that you can save your bitch using the power of the dark side?
Anakin: What? Oh, sounds groovy, but still...
Palpatine: Yes, but that's just one thing. The dark side now also comes with invulnerability, three bottles of dry gin, free membership in the supervillain-club, batteries included, the ability to walk through walls and every other insanely irrational feature that I can't be arsed to think of now!
Anakin: Where do I have to sign my name?

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 25 February 2006 - 03:35 PM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#45 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (Revan-47 @ Feb 25 2006, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If its not as entertaining, then why do so many people like it? Im expecting you are going to say someting to the effect of "They are all idiots brainwashed by lucas, they dont understand the magical essence of the OT. Only a select group of apparently more qualified people then George Lucas whose been directing movies all his life,people at a internet forum who spend their day arguing over comic books can decide what star wars should be." No i believe you are taking the series so seriously that its lost its fun and you are the one who has bad taste.

We've all been brainwashed by Lucas, to a greater or lesser degree.

It has lost its fun. Ponderous Jedi Councils and Trade federations makes for great reading I'm sure. And Jar-Jar was funny, right? As far as taking things seriously, the podrace and "whoops" were the only whiz-bang moments of TPM, which was arguably the least weighty of the trilogy. (Eat it up, kids. It's all you get.)

Regarding your "directing movies all his life" comment, GL was a great director: exhibited by how lousy his direction became by comparison after his hiatus.

and this is not just A internet forum.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size