Chefelf.com Night Life: Did Plageuis Create Anakin or was it the Force? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Did Plageuis Create Anakin or was it the Force? Would this not be a contradiction.

#16 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ Feb 20 2006, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since when is it revealed that Palpatine trained Maul from birth? In someone's Fan Fiction?

And Barend, I'm still waiting for you to give one piece of logical evidence that Palpatine created Anakin.

Umm usually in works of art, i.e. books, movies, almost everything introduced, every idea, character, is significant or will be significant wheter implicitly or explicitly. The artist/director doesnt introduce something like the ability to create LIFE itself for the sake of doing it. It usually means something.

With that said, Papaltine's story about manipulating midichlorians to create life must be important. Like wise, Anakin's spermless birth must be important. Put them together and that sounds awfully logical!!!
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#17 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:47 PM

Since when is it revealed that Palpatine trained Maul from birth? In someone's Fan Fiction?

In Darth Maul Shadow Hunter, which by the way, wasnt too bad of a read. But then, I'm pretty easily entertained.

#18 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:18 AM

What bothers me about the whole Darth Plagueis thing is this:

If he created Anakin, that means it was relatively recent, and that means, if he's powerful enough to do so, wouldn't that mean creating life would somehow "disturb" the Force, and with all of the Jedi we see on screen, wouldn't you think at least ONE of them---and Yoda most of all--would've sensed this? If you blame the "shroud of the Darkside" then doesn't that mean THAT has been around the for at least 8-10 years in TPM (and not actually mentioned until AOTC)? This just doesn't square up for me.

And if you disregard that, you have to consider how old Palpatine is: 50's? That means he's either a relatively new Sith, which I doubt. So, he's been hanging around, and Plagueis has been hanging around, and when did Palpatine start training Maul? While Plagueis was alive? After he died, that means that Maul's training as a Sith has only been around for a relative short span of time. How did Palpatine get his hands on Maul who would've been relatively older soon after Plagueis death? Wouldn't Maul have been "too old" for training by that point? I'm sorry, this is just not working for me.

And there's the whole "rule of two" crap. If Maul was in fact around while Plagueis was still alive, wouldn't he have felt compelled to go after Plagueis? Isn't this the problem with have more than two Sith around? Them killing off themselves if there's three? Wouldn't have Plagueis sensed Maul? Wouldn't have given Palpatine a good whopping and then... well, it just goes on. It makes my head spin, and the original trilogy never did this to me (except when Leia magically became Luke's sister).

Time frame thing and the conditions of the Sith here just don't work for me. It says to me that Palpatine created Anakin, and this brings SW to even lower levels.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#19 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (georgelucas4greedo @ Feb 21 2006, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm usually in works of art, i.e. books, movies, almost everything introduced, every idea, character, is significant or will be significant wheter implicitly or explicitly. The artist/director doesnt introduce something like the ability to create LIFE itself for the sake of doing it. It usually means something.

Yeah, for example, a good persuasion to get Anakin over to the dark side because he solely wants to save his bitch from certain (DOH!) death.

With that said, Papaltine's story about manipulating midichlorians to create life must be important.

As a persuasion.

Like wise, Anakin's spermless birth must be important.

True.

Put them together and that sounds awfully logical!!!

Your logic doesn't seem to involve the high probability, that in a world of science fiction and fantasy, two important things don't have to be connected with each other.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#20 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (CowboyCurtis @ Feb 21 2006, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It makes my head spin, and the original trilogy never did this to me (except when Leia magically became Luke's sister).

Yeah but even that wasn’t that bad. I would wager that even young children can pick out the continuity flaws in the PT, something which I believe is far more difficult in the OT. You really have to sit down and think about them if you want to find nitpicks. In the PT, they’re all just laid out for everyone to view.

My 10yr old brother put it best:

“Those movies are stupid!”

#21 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:11 AM

I think he deserves a fudgesicle for this.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#22 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:36 PM

And Barend, I'm still waiting for you to give one piece of logical evidence that Palpatine created Anakin.

you're kidding right?

i realize that anikan verbalizes EVERY thought and intention he has...

but Palpatine likes to be more subtle...

i realize that so far in the story you've been spoonfed every little thing... but it get's to a point where you have to surley be able to see the unnanounced obvious.

according to palpatine:

'darth plagus taught his apprentice how to create life from the ambient MCs'
(he gives anikan a sly look telling him this)

'DP was killed by his apprentice'
(a proud cheeky grin)

'my master didn't ....

you know what... i've already done this, and i'm tired of doing this... you, like so many others, are hoping there's someother explanation here....

is it a defensive thing? does the thought of the guy who made luke and leiah siblings and children of vader, and greedo the dude who picked on anikan, and boba fett the borther of the clones, and C3P0 anikans creation, yoda chewbaccas friend, etc etc etc, resorting to throwing in the emporer being anikans father as something TOO out of character?

believe what you want, but don't you dare claim it's not staring you in the face...

#23 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:03 AM

That ploy was our last hope.

#24 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:41 AM

I think a more important question than whether "Plagueis" created Anakin is this:

In what way is it ok that people now have a reason to mention names from the OT in relation to someone named "Darth Plagueis"

Your logic doesn't seem to involve the high probability, that in a world of science fiction and fantasy, two important things don't have to be connected with each other.

Not in a typical world of sci-fi and fantasy, but this is the PT.

In the PT you can tell where a bounty hunter lives based on what dart he used to shoot the bounty hunter he hired to send a robot to release worms to... what the fuck was I on about?

The only things that are unrelated to the story are things that Lucas just tells us are there to make it seem like Starwars, like the nest of gundarks or the spice miners on the moons of Naboo or, ya know, character motivation and development.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#25 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:43 AM

And the Biggs/Luke backstory. Maybe GL had a falling out with Koo Stark.

#26 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:56 AM

Or maybe his brains had a falling out with his head.

#27 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:48 PM

Abby, i can only have one quote in my sig at a time....

stop being so damn quotable!!!! angry.gif

...and kudos.

This post has been edited by barend: 22 February 2006 - 05:48 PM

#28 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Feb 22 2006, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Abby, i can only have one quote in my sig at a time....

stop being so damn quotable!!!! angry.gif
...and kudos.

happy.gif I'll try my hardest.

#29 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:20 PM

By the way, why WOULD Darth Bubonus create Anakid at all? I mean, I'm sure there were women on his own planet that he could have force-ibly impregnated, and then he'd have the benefit of being able to train the kid to be an evil Sith. Why impregnate some random chick on a planet noone ever goes to?

The idea that he knew that Anakin would go on to both destroy the Sith and avenge his creator's death could explain it, as could the fact that he wanted to have an apprentice in line if he had to kill Sideous, but either possibility would make him a much bigger and more important character than the one who was mentioned once in EP3 and then forgotten. We wasted time on Jar Jar, special effects masturbation, cackling acrobatic palps and yoda, and the worst love plot ever, but explaining Anakin's origins would be too much trouble?

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#30 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:23 AM

Exactly!!! And why would Plagueis or Palpatine ever attempt to create a midichlorian-powerful being if they don't even know where and when it'll be born!?? And if they dont' know where or when it'll be born, how could they possibly ever get their hands on it? How would they know for sure if it ever worked/survived?

It's so retarded. It's beyond retarded. It drives me crazy! It is one of THE biggest plot stupidities I've ever seen.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size