• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sailor Moon Sailor Stars cant find it

#1 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:51 PM

How come I cant find Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (Japanese) online for sale anywhere. I know it(the 5th series of Sailor Moon) has to exist somewhere. I know it was never released in the states but its gotta be out there. I will take a Japanese version without subtitles, but I don’t know where to get it.

Any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

Sailor Moon....wow....that brings back weird memories
OH NO!!!

#3 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:00 PM

Ok Wait! I found this site http://www.animecoll...in/buy?a0=09002 but ive never seen or heard of it? Is it any good. I know some of you all have to know where to buy anime online - lets not kid ourselves. rolleyes.gif what think you of this place?

#4 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:05 PM

What is it with Sailor Moon?
OH NO!!!

#5 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:22 PM

sorry - that was my first attempt at posting a picture like that - i havent figured out how to make it smaller as you can tell.. silly abbey. rolleyes.gif

#6 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:31 PM

Sailor Moon is weird
OH NO!!!

#7 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:38 PM

Something to consider is the recording, I met someone who was ripped off by poor quality recordings of video classics on DVD's from EBay. Also I could never find the originals to what I want.

Typically Froogle and Amazon are sometimes useful. With the site you found they show pictures, hopefully to be the quality of what they are selling.

#8 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:00 PM

They arent selling this season on Amazon - its actually pretty wierd - at least not the complete uncut unrated Japanese version. I'm gonna look around for some reviews before I buy from that company - $80 is a lot of money to drop on something I might never see - they arent offering insurance as far as I can tell and I dont see any costomer reviews - for all I know my brother could be running that website from Alaska, banking off stupid people like me who buy into internet scams.

#9 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:09 PM

Hmm. You know, so many people like Sailor Moon.

Then there are those who absolutely despise it. Unfortunately, the majority of my friends are in that catagory, so I don't know much about it.

What's it like?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#10 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:37 PM

Well, I think a lot of the reason why many people hate it is because of the English dubbed version they released in the states. The English translations were idiotic and they cut out many episodes and a lot of substance from the episodes they kept. There was no time for character development - it was basically just a bunch of teenage girls running around being stupid. But the actual Japanese versions were really great.

Its hard to explain why I like Sailor Moon. I know my reasons probably don’t match up with the other fans. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I watched it religiously when I got home from school back in the mid 90s. It was pretty much the first time myself and many others for that matter, were exposed to anime. There weren’t cartoons like that back in 92. I don’t think that dragon ball z show came out til a few years later.

It starts out being a story of 5 young girls, with long legs and perky breasts who all go to private schools and wear sexy school girl uniforms (understand, I too was in junior high and went to a private school so I’m not sick - I was still in that age range).

They find out they are reincarnated warriors from the moon and the planets (and its really great because each warriors characteristics correspond to actual astrological associations with the said heavenly bodies. Together, they fight off evil warriors from the dark kingdom.

The American version was dumbed down a lot -but there are some pretty real adult issues dealt with in the un-butchered version including sex, marriage, parenthood, death, violence, and best of all - lesbian relationships (as well as gay male relationships). There are five seasons/sagas (200 episodes) and I could go on and on about character development and great story development but that would take all day.

Anyways, I have seen most the episodes from season 1-3 and many from 4 & 5 but not all.

#11 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:56 PM

Never heard of it before and not my type of story but the drawings look interesting though.
For $80 that is a lot of money for no return. That is greedy when sellers rip buyers off for deliberately poor quality recordings, sounds like they are getting some sort of pleasure out of it.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 11 February 2006 - 08:00 PM

#12 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (Deepsycher @ Feb 12 2006, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never heard of it before and not my type of story but the drawings look interesting though.

I'm afraid you can't really say that it's not your type without having seen it. Gee, thinking back now, I guess I was raised by Sailor Moon. That was some of the most hilarious stuff I'd ever seen. I think I've got the series lying around here somewhere... hold on, I'll be right back after I've watched every single episode again.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#13 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:45 AM

It is not my type of story to the first description and unfortunately I easily get bored of watching cartoon like graphics. I don't mind the still artwork though. As you watch it what are the comedy scenes like or in what style?

#14 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:54 AM

Totally hilarious, I mean you get presented with a bunch of lovely looking schoolgirls in uniforms throwing around heart-shaped-magic-tricks which is funny enough, but they also manage to not take themselves too seriously and there's an ongoing fight between the very different characters, such as the good willed but slighty stupid princess, a raging priestess (who's boyfriend had been snatched away by the princess), a narcisst singer and so on and so on and so forth - loads of characters clash into each other and it's this what makes it so much fun to watch. Then in the middle of those clashes to bad guys usually show up and try to get some attention, but are quickly being beaten down so that the main characters can focus on their rabble again.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#15 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:39 AM

So there is a fascination in fun over people in uniforms who do tricks by throwing around heart shapes magically, which I have problems seeing as fun though, and as for personally *Disliking uniforms* if this is correct?

*Uniforms as to uniforms with collars."

I will build up my own conclusions after seeing it some day, if I do not get bored.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 12 February 2006 - 06:41 AM

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic