Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Some Observations in case you care...

#31 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 16 June 2006 - 11:12 AM

I was watching my widescreen VHS copy of Empire the other night and I noticed when Han took the Falcon down the space worm's throat, just before we get that wipe effect that cuts to Luke's ship above Dagobah, I noticed there was like a planet burning into the right half of the screen. That was just before the wipe effect. I can only assume this was either a special effects error or an editing error.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#32 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:44 PM

hmmm... i'll keep an eye out for it when the OT is finnally released on DVD in september

#33 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:15 AM

A planet inside the worm? Wow!

#34 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:17 AM

The worm Solo discovered was actually a misnomer. He MEANT to simply fly into a wormhole. That explains how Han knows how to shorten a distance (to further explain the Lucas parsec crap).

Nah. Just kidding.

#35 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Jan 25 2007, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The worm Solo discovered was actually a misnomer. He MEANT to simply fly into a wormhole. That explains how Han knows how to shorten a distance (to further explain the Lucas parsec crap).

Stand by for Lucas to co-opt this 'explanation' any day now.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size