Chefelf.com Night Life: I am in total awe. - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

I am in total awe. Of the guy who beat Super Mario 64 16 minutes.

#16 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:16 AM

I like the way that some bloke finished Jurassic Park in 3 minutes. I mean, really. If the game can be finished that quickly.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#17 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Oct 17 2006, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When people do speed runs, sometimes they do edited ones where they go frame by frame to get perfect timing and reload their save states until everything is flawless.

That's exactly what happened. The URL posted in the video gives a URL which explains how it was done: http://tasvideos.org/

Still... even using that method it's fairly impressive. No one would be able to do it without making ANY mistakes.

There are even videos which put various runs in splitscreen to see who does it the fastest/best.

There's something of a difficulty/art to doing it this way, finding the exact best/fastest way of doing every single aspect of the game.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#18 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:14 PM

Indeed! I'm not trying to devalue it. They're still trying to make it look really cool (and do a good job). It's just that the value shifts a bit from the overall skill required to well-done presentation.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#19 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:38 PM

Precisely. It probably takes longer to do this way than just to have a good run at beating the game quickly.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#20 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:11 PM

THis game melted my face. Wave Race and Mario 64 are some of my most fondest memories in video games.

It probably matches my excitment and enjoyment when first playing altered beast on my genesis, infront of all my nes friends. The over powering joy I had from knowing that my system was the best one the block made me so proud.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#21 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Oct 19 2006, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THis game melted my face. Wave Race and Mario 64 are some of my most fondest memories in video games.

It probably matches my excitment and enjoyment when first playing altered beast on my genesis, infront of all my nes friends. The over powering joy I had from knowing that my system was the best one the block made me so proud.

The N64 never got the real respect it deserved during its hey-day. It was plagued by high costs for manufacturing the cartridges. It also suffered a lot by not having enough good 3rd party development teams. I read somewhere that Squaresoft decided not to make any games for it, when they learned that Nintendo wouldnt make the N64 to Square's technical specs. I could see a game like Final Fantasy 7 being rendered on the N64, but a game with better graphics like Final Fantasy 9, I could not see.

the majority of the N64's games were made by Nintendo, Rare, EA, Midway and Acclaim..not enough Konami and Capcom to draw in better games for it. But there was still great games for it.

My favs would be Conker's Bad Fur Day, California Speed and Castlevania 64.
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#22 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:03 PM

I liked Blitz.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size