Chefelf.com Night Life: The Rejoicing Post (for elation) - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (145 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

The Rejoicing Post (for elation) (flipside of The Depression thread)

#1951 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 09 September 2007 - 02:37 PM

Ooooh this is sooooo nice devil.gif Using a spare single Seagate 36 gigabyte drive to test on the Scsi raid Enterprise 1600 controller on Tyan server board with a single Xeon 2.6 GHz and browsing these forums only takes 2% processor utilization and on search at the most. Compared to 8% in a brief second on the Pentium 4 next to me and takes forever on this slow laptop. So responsive. When I receive the other server board I will have two 3.06 GHz processors in a swap over.

#1952 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:41 PM

I finally got to sleep in!
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#1953 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:08 PM

Elated moment: I finally have a coop for real! I'll be signing paperwork Wednesday morning, and I'll be getting a car this weekend! Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#1954 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:58 PM

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! Looks like everything is falling in place for you! *hugs* Congrats. smile.gif

EM: Oils finally *clicked* for me today. I still hate them, but at least I know how to do them... Of course, the method I figured out isn't the method my professor wants for these two projects we're working on, but meh.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#1955 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:57 AM

Whoo! No classes today! One was canceled because there were technical problems, and it's one of those classes that gets transmitted to another classroom in a different part of the state, and the other one is off because it's Rosh Hashanah and my instructor is Jewish! Honey and apples all around!

Also: waffle fries kick ass!

This post has been edited by Jane Sherwood: 13 September 2007 - 11:57 AM

Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#1956 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:40 PM

EM: Somehow, I've managed to lose five pounds, despite the fact that I've never been able to lose weight before.

Whoa.

Maybe I could credit it to Mother Theresa. She could use the miracle.
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#1957 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2007 - 12:33 PM

I plugged my Zen for the first time into my post-Vista installed machine. I was expecting to spend several hours searching for drivers and software, but no, a little bubble said "Installing..." and within a few seconds I was browsing my zen and re-syncing my videos and music. Yep, you heard it right, Vista even knew which video codec to use to convert to make videos compatiable with my zen, even though I had only plugged it in and done nothing else.

#1958 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 21 September 2007 - 07:13 PM

I am worried about the heat the drives give out on the serverboard with the doors off. The room is feeling unaturally hot even with the windows open.

Eight scsi drive and four IDE drives. If I can quieten the noise down and keep it up here then that could be my ultimate heating solution for the cold Winters. Shame I am over sensitive to sounds when I am trying to get some sleep.

#1959 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2007 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Sep 10 2007, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oils finally *clicked* for me today. I still hate them, but at least I know how to do them... Of course, the method I figured out isn't the method my professor wants for these two projects we're working on, but meh.

Ew, I'm not a big fan of oils. I can't stand the smell of that watery chemical you use with them (I think they were called spirits or something, it's been a while since I've painted with oils), it grossed me out, and it was so greasy. Haha. I'm more of a watercolour, impasto, or acrylic person myself. smile.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#1960 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:44 PM

Yeah, mineral spirits - or just regular paint thinner. Even the so-called odorless crap smells bad.

I like acrylics, myself. Love them, actually. Was thinking of concentrating/majoring in painting until this new guy came along and switched our program from acrylic to oils. Sooo that's out the window.

And a new complaint; turns out it wasn't my video card that was bad. Unless I managed to get to bad video cards in a row. I think it's the port in the motherboard. And that's going to be hell to go through changing that out. Also, my computer case has an electric current running through it, so if I accidentally touch a metal part while it's on, I get a mild shock. Not that I mind the shock so much, just the fact that I spend all this money on a brand new computer with great parts, and seems all I've gotten is problem after problem.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#1961 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

I always research on what I am going to buy.

Sadly I have to play the waiting game when I want to buy second hand stuff.

Finally:

After so many months of a messy room and not being able to move on like a sitting duck. I have bettered myself. I worked out it would be cheaper to buy another bundled board with two faster processors on. So I can use that board for something else with the single procesosr.

Now I am so pleased but tired.

The serverboard is working so nicely. Eight drives in raid on the high end Scsi controller I brought.

It is not even warm when I opened the door case. There are five large fans and three medium fans which generate a breezy flow in the case.

A lot of work to do before I swap everything over.

I am feeling so tired after cleaning a month of mess up. I have no more worries. If a drive stops working I have 7 spares to rebuild on.

Better not touch my bank account for seven months!
Then I can get the Sata controller and four large drives I planned last year.

Browsing the boards from here seems so wonderful with very little processor utilization.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 22 September 2007 - 06:55 PM

#1962 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2007 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Sep 22 2007, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like acrylics, myself. Love them, actually. Was thinking of concentrating/majoring in painting until this new guy came along and switched our program from acrylic to oils. Sooo that's out the window.

Eww, that sucks. That's kind of like what they did with my program too -- when I went through first and second years it concentrated on life drawing and marker renderings, but all of a sudden this year they changed it to video editing. They're two completely different things! And you need life drawing, or at least an eye in art, to be able to make and understand effective visual compositions. Oh well, at least they changed it so that you need a portfolio interview to get in now. I felt bad for all the people who dropped out from the workload in the first few weeks, haha.

Anyways, my elated post? I get to take an earlier train back to my Res today! I get to be home at 7pm rather than at 11pm! Homeless people are very scary at night, especially for a woman who's all by herself. sad.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#1963 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:20 PM

Well I am glad I took that thread with the server board down. It brought bad luck. I would like to show my pictures but I know that bad things might happen again. Joke: "I wouldn't want to be in an image like when Cobnat wanted to unban himself."

Right now I am so pleased apart from problems with IRC. Everything is working so perfectly and smoothly. Even though I waited for so long I at least bettered myself with faster processors and more memory and faster drives.

Unreal Tournament loads in under a second! with only under 10% to 15% processor usage!

Joke: As usual on times like these I hit my head screamingly singing in a high action tone to celebrate my success from so much of waiting and frustration. But that won't last for long. When I have to wake up early to see the doctors.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 23 September 2007 - 10:26 PM

#1964 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:33 AM

I just realized I recently thought this thread was the complaining thread. Oops!

#1965 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 29 September 2007 - 09:40 AM

Slade: really glad to hear that you've got the coop all worked out now! congratulations!

EM: it's pretty out.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

• (145 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size