Chefelf.com Night Life: A question to Prequel haters - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

A question to Prequel haters Do you have the DVD's?

#1 User is offline   Gerhard Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:11 PM

As a prequel Hater, I took several years to tell myself the movies were weak.
the final blow was ROTS.

But I did buy the phantom Menace DVD and later in a Video Rent store, Attack of the clones at a reduced price.
I rented ROTS to hear the commentaries, and was glad they annoyed me.

recently I sold Episode I and II to a friend at a nice reduced prize.

So my question is, as prequel haters, do you have the PT DVD's?

This post has been edited by Gerhard: 24 January 2006 - 08:12 PM

#2 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:14 PM

I don't have the money to buy them. Something happened to the ROTS DVD I had, so I will have to buy another one someday.
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#3 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:25 PM

No, I can proudly say I do not have the DVDs.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#4 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:42 PM

I'll buy them when the price is worth the money they got from me when I bought a ticket. So, if they'll pay me to take them ...

If I can get all three for really cheap, I might.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#5 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:53 PM

Elan Sleazebaggano was featured on the clones interface. Need I say more?

#6 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

Hmm... No.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#7 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:39 PM

I got TPM on VHS because I didn't yet have a DVD player, and sold that with a bunch of other old VHS tapes to a place that's now out of business (maybe the tape was cursed?) I haven't thought about getting any of the PT DVDs, maybe only if there's a big assed box set with lots of extras, and even then I'd wait for a thorough review.I'm really surprised Lucas didn't take a cue from Peter Jackson and release two movies, one being the summer blockbuster with the bare bones story for the average movie goer, and a second bigger extended cut on DVD for the superfan like the LOTR movies. Maybe he didn't have enough story to do such a stretching out.

#8 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:52 PM

Nope. I've contemplated buying them if I can find them in the $7.99 bin, but other than that - no chance.

#9 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:57 PM

I bought my TPM DVD secondhand just so I could have it argue points with my gusher friends. I got AOTC because I actually believed for a little bit that it was better than TPM, and to discuss it with my gusher friends, but after watching it only once (and skipping scenes mind you), I could not watch it again.

I have not bought the ROTS DVD, and I never will. I learned my lesson, and I had enough. I would get rid of my TPM & AOTC, but I'm just the type not to do that. They are now at the bottom of a box in a closet of things I don't use/watch/read/etc. anymore....
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#10 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Jan 24 2006, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Elan Sleazebaggano was featured on the clones interface. Need I say more?

Not really, no. I would only get them to refresh my memory so that I can argue better.
If I could get the set for dirt cheap ... well that is the only way.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#11 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 25 January 2006 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (Darth Player @ Jan 24 2006, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe he didn't have enough story to do such a stretching out.
Well put.

The top menu for the OT dvds seems a little less jarring than I recall of the AOTC rental.

#12 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:40 AM

I got them so that when the super special dvd box set comes out later with new and improved crap added to it - i will at least hate the original PT. I learned my lesson with the OT - not that they ever came out on dvd unaltered. I guess I could have scavanged for a vcr and hung on to my old vhs tapes. How was I to know?

Plus when I walk by my dvd stand I can scowl at it and remember how much I want to see GL held responsible for being a total fuckhead. A public disembowelment would do nicely.

#13 User is offline   Giff Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:35 PM

i own a copy of episode I disc 1, i own a retail copy of ep.2 and my bootleg of ep.3 suffices for now.

in the future, i am sure i will buy official versions of ep.1 and 3...but i'm in no rush

#14 User is offline   Smashman Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:49 PM

EVERYONE. Do this if you haven't already.

Get the highest quality VHS or Laserdisc of the original versions of ANH, ESB, and ROTJ you can find, and copy them to DVD.

Then, have someone drop a flower pot on your head, so when you wake up, you will not know about the special editions or prequels, and when you get home you will find a nice set of 3 timeless masterpieces waiting for you.

#15 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:23 PM

someone gave me ROTS...

that's why i started that parody....

oh crap... i forgot about that....

*running down corridor*

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size