Chefelf.com Night Life: Who do you think will play the joker? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Who do you think will play the joker? tough to live up to jack nicholson...

#76 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:35 PM

I'm not entirely sure that Ledger can pull of the part of the Joker. He just doesn't have that necessary crazed look in his eyes like Jack Nicholson. Jim Carrey had that crazy look as the Riddler. The guy who played Scarecrow in BB had it.

But I can trust Nolan. Hopefully he still knows what he is doing and won't let us down.
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#77 User is offline   Jedi_Arco Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:23 PM

That's exactly right StarWars! I have faith in both Nolans and Goyer. I'm sure the script will be solid and based off of a great story by Chris Nolan and Goyer. Ledger is an okay actor for my money, but it's the creative team behind the production that helps me to know that this will be great.

#78 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:31 PM

Now that the actor has been confirmed, my chief concerns are once again focusing on what they're actually going to do with the Joker. It's been said that he's not the main villain in the movie (we're getting Two-Face and the Penguin as well), nor is he even showing up until halfway through the film, but they said they're covering his backstory.

But which backstory?

(*crosses her fingers for Killing Joke origins*)
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#79 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:55 PM

If they're running a backstory I'm hoping they go with the Red Hood origin from the Killing Joke. I've always liked that Batman does not know the actual identity of the Joker. It compliments the idea that they are flip-sides of the same coin a lot more.

On Heath Ledger as Joker I personally think her has it all going on to be able to make this character. He is a good actor with a good range and I'm not so sure that he doesn't have hat crazed look that people are looking for. I mean especially after he's completely made up. Once the Joker ensemble is completed in the make-up department I think you'll find that he'll be all that and more.
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size