• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Goodbye and Goodluck!

#16 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:29 PM

Well you do a very bad job of it; Personally I find an amusing the way you pathetically try to develop yourself an online persona.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#17 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 20 January 2006 - 09:31 PM

Yeah, that's not the right way to get a persona. The insane barbarian is better than this!
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#18 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Jan 20 2006, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well you do a very bad job of it; Personally I find an amusing the way you pathetically try to develop yourself an online persona.

Sorry, your using big words I cant understand, what the hell is a "job"?

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Jan 20 2006, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, that's not the right way to get a persona. The insane barbarian is better than this!

...are you on my side or his?

#19 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 20 January 2006 - 11:02 PM

Umm... His?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#20 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 20 January 2006 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Jan 20 2006, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm... His?

Aye... everyones against me becouse Im a Keshik.

#21 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:36 AM

Guys.... I think DeepSchyer's a ROBOT!
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#22 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (COBNAT @ Jan 20 2006, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aye... everyones against me becouse Im a Keshik.

Since I'm too lazy to find out for myself (and tired right now), what does that mean?

And why do I keep on thinking Russian Cossack?

Oh, and by the way, I think I have come to find that here (as in the whole forum), the two things most valued are wit and intelligence. Add a couple of quirks like Jane's stabbing fetish (or what she might think it is smile.gif ) that are really a part of your personality, and you may be well recieved by all.

On second thought, I'm not even sure if I make sense to myself. Stupid run-on sentences.

This post has been edited by Zatoichi: 21 January 2006 - 01:50 AM

Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#23 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 21 January 2006 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (floppydisk @ Jan 21 2006, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So I'm not the only one who got that impression... but I thought it didn't matter, since I somehow believed that you were really a bag-man. wacko.gif

This Keshik stuff is interesting, as it could be a ) some furniture from IKEA or b ) some weird reference I found in my brain to a military tactic that involved feigning retreat and then quickly hiding behind a bush/cow/mob-of-angry-pirates. My memory trails off after that. Maybe they planned to surprise their pursuers by throwing lipstick at them. Maybe they stayed there giggling until the other guys had passed, then quickly ran back to the starting point and captured the enemy flag. Maybe I need to get some more sleep.

This post has been edited by Gobbler: 21 January 2006 - 02:24 AM

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#24 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (Deepsycher @ Jan 20 2006, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh I did not take that seriously, just needed to add more detail. Actually from experience I have to agree, for some people that can be true.

Yeah, about that. It is never a good idea to add too much detail to a joke, it tends to lose some comedic punch if you make it too wordy.

FerEx: "A man walks into a seedy bar. The parking lot smelled of piss and that didn't change as he walked in. He was carrying a burden of asphualt between his two arms. Struggling to walk to the bartender with this great weight on his shoulders he exhasporated "What kind of drinks do you serve here" The bartender replies apatheticly to this man's plight "Only beer" After what seems an eternity of deciding the man says "Alright, procure me a beverage, chilled, and no head, and one for this large peice of the highway I picked up"

As opposed to:
"A man walks into a bar holding a peice of asphalt and says "Give me a beer, and one for the road"

A differance in funny so vast I could compare it to the grand canyon.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#25 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:56 AM

Ditto. The same goes for trying to overdo the fantasy elements of you're persona. Acting like a viking now and then is fine, but without a decent personality rooted in reality it get's old quickly.

QUOTE (floppydisk @ Jan 21 2006, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Strangley enough at 4am I had this thought too. I also had the theory that there's the possibility that COBNAT might be a excellent satire of the pre-teen l33t speaking morons who inhabit the web. Think about it folks; everything's so stereotypical it has to be a joke.....
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#26 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (Kirby @ Jan 21 2006, 03:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, about that. It is never a good idea to add too much detail to a joke, it tends to lose some comedic punch if you make it too wordy.

FerEx: "A man walks into a seedy bar. The parking lot smelled of piss and that didn't change as he walked in. He was carrying a burden of asphualt between his two arms. Struggling to walk to the bartender with this great weight on his shoulders he exhasporated "What kind of drinks do you serve here" The bartender replies apatheticly to this man's plight "Only beer" After what seems an eternity of deciding the man says "Alright, procure me a beverage, chilled, and no head, and one for this large peice of the highway I picked up"

As opposed to:
"A man walks into a bar holding a peice of asphalt and says "Give me a beer, and one for the road"

A differance in funny so vast I could compare it to the grand canyon.

You mean to make it sound funny by wording ambiguously?
So that the readers can add to their own conclusions...

May take a while to develop that.

#27 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (floppydisk @ Jan 21 2006, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I may sound like a robot, and appear to resemble a robot, but a question I would ask to that, is why?

There is, "Always room for improvements."

Sometimes, "What appears to be isn't".

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 21 January 2006 - 10:24 AM

#28 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost

Posted 21 January 2006 - 10:33 AM

Why do we think you're a robot? You keep asking to elaborate on jokes.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#29 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Jan 21 2006, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do we think you're a robot? You keep asking to elaborate on jokes.

Plainly said: Ah, I don't just mean why I am thought of as a robot, but the causes behind appearing as a robot. I do understand some jokes depending on the type, but not all.

Appears to be normal and cannot see anything wrong with asking the meaning of jokes, just saves me asking them for next time.

I prefer to ask than assume if possible.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 21 January 2006 - 11:42 AM

#30 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Jan 21 2006, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ditto. The same goes for trying to overdo the fantasy elements of you're persona. Acting like a viking now and then is fine, but without a decent personality rooted in reality it get's old quickly.
Strangley enough at 4am I had this thought too. I also had the theory that there's the possibility that COBNAT might be a excellent satire of the pre-teen l33t speaking morons who inhabit the web. Think about it folks; everything's so stereotypical it has to be a joke.....

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Jan 20 2006, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Jan 20 2006, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not quite sure if these comments were for me or Cobnat.

Just for the clear side: Deepsycher was a word I thought up at the time, not a character.
As for not finding any real meaning, this makes it helpful for me to remember.
Just a random word, nothing intended to be abstract here, unless you want it to be.

Okay?

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 21 January 2006 - 12:18 PM

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked