Chefelf.com Night Life: SuperShadow - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

SuperShadow the mysterious friend of George Lucas...

#1 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:44 PM

THis evening i stumbled upon supershadow.com and found the hidden scripts to episode 7,8,9. I also found some interesting interviews with george lucas that answer many questions of mine about the movies. so i ask this question. how reliable are supershadows sources. is he for real?
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#2 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:53 PM

I'm reading the "interview" with "George Lucas" at the site now, and it seems bogus, what really made me suspicious is the question of who built R2, the Kyber Crystals, and the like, regarding the beings who lived 2 billion years ago before events in TPM. Its like a superdemented fan who knows about all these details Lucas himself probably forgot knew he had to include them all in somehow to make it seem legit. I'd like it to be true, but it really seems like a scam.

From the "Interview":

George Lucas: When Luke threw down his light saber, he was basically telling Sidious that Luke would rather die than join the dark side.

That sounds contrived, i think fanboy forgot the Sideous/Palpatine differing sides of the coin ID issue....

This post has been edited by Darth Player: 17 January 2006 - 09:00 PM

#3 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:57 PM

yah but that was interesting about how mace lives. id like to ask the real george lucas some of those questions but he'll probably never want to be interviewed about star wars again.

#4 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:58 PM

There's already been a discussion about this guy.

Chefelf Vs Supershadow.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#5 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:06 PM

well im starting a new one. is that ok?

#6 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:09 PM

In England (and elsewhere?) the phrase is "taking the piss"

There’s not much to say about Darth Maul. SuperShadow gave me a lot of help in creating that character

#7 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Jan 17 2006, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's already been a discussion about this guy.

Chefelf Vs Supershadow.

First I've seen of this, I must have missed this when ChefElf first brought it to our attention, or I wasn't a member then. I wonder about the Mace thing myself now, come to think of it. I'm glancing at the script for Ep. 7 now, and its amateurish to say the least.

What was the verdict when this was brought up the first time?

#8 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (Darth Player @ Jan 17 2006, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First I've seen of this, I must have missed this when ChefElf first brought it to our attention, or I wasn't a member then. I wonder about the Mace thing myself now, come to think of it. I'm glancing at the script for Ep. 7 now, and its amateurish to say the least.

What was the verdict when this was brought up the first time?

There's no way it is real. If you read the Lucas interviews, there is just no way that George would ever be that (hilariously) rude to the fans. Definitely some funny shit though.

#9 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (Storm @ Jan 18 2006, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's no way it is real. If you read the Lucas interviews, there is just no way that George would ever be that (hilariously) rude to the fans. Definitely some funny shit though.

I like the "thank you for the kind words, you're a good person, and you'll go far in this life...." answers to nearly every question. Its like the same writer of all those Nigerian scam emails is behind this, the ones that say a government official was deposed and they need a bank account, preferably yours, to make a deposit of cash, and yes you'll get a generous percentage.....

Nah, its not Lucas, not the same Lucas who broke in and stole your panties......

#10 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:17 AM

Supershadow was exposed as a fake long ago.

#11 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (diligent_d @ Jan 18 2006, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Supershadow was exposed as a fake long ago.

It's a shame though. I wish somebody, ie. not Lucas, would make another trilogy.

#12 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ Jan 18 2006, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a shame though. I wish somebody, ie. not Lucas, would make another trilogy.

Since King Kong parts 2 and 3 seem to be a no go, maybe Peter Jackson can do it.

#13 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:00 PM

how can there be sequels to king kong?

let me guess, there is another kong. pirate.gif

#14 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Revan-47 @ Jan 18 2006, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how can there be sequels to king kong?

let me guess, there is another kong. pirate.gif

There was Mighty Joe Young, and King Kong Lives with Linda Hamilton, produced by Dino DeLaurentis.

#15 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:53 PM

I'm most likely to think that SuperShadow is a pathological liar who enjoys the attention he garners from gullible fans, rather than somebody doing a clever parody of obsessed Star Wars fandom.

After all, he's kept up the "act" for going on 8 years now (started back in '98), and run afoul of StarWars.com and many other high profile sites and possibly even LucasFilm itself. His methods imply dishonesty, since he's never admitted to a farce, and continually "steals" material from official sites and spoilers from other more popular sites.

It may be possible that the gave up being a "serious" spoiler site and became a joke site, but I personally think he gets off on people believing him.

I guess that gets into whether or not he personally believes he really is a close personal friend of Lucas who really does work on Star Wars and have an impact on how things are made at the Ranch, and a successful documentary filmmaker with a softcore glamour model as his trophy girlfriend and a high-paying media job.... or if he just wants people to think that.

In any case, the bottom line is, if you read something on SuperShadow.com it's probably a lie or a half truth, made up by SS himself. Once in awhile he's correct, but that's only because he's copied the info from somebody else who presented it already. There's nothing on his site that's genuine that can't be found at more reliable sources.

PS: Of course there are sequels to King Kong, are you kidding? Did you know that Peter Jackson was just remaking a film that had already been remade, and a novel made back in the 1930's? wink.gif Search IMDB.com. Son of Kong, King Kong Lives, King Kong Escapes, Mighy Joe Young (spinoff/semi-parody), King Kong Vs. Godzilla, etc. Sure he hasn't been in as many films as Godzilla, but he's got enough, all of which you could remake or fish for ideas to make new movies with. wink.gif

I should add, I believe his first posted "interviews" with George Lucas were semi-genuine.

He took actual quotes from Lucas from actual interviews, and then edited them together so that it looked like he (SuperShadow) was meeting with Lucas personally and actually posing the questions himself. For the most part the quotes were real, though you could spot a few obviously fake tacted on ones that referrenced SuperShadow or his website or the Sequel Trilogy being made for sure (all the real Lucas quotes don't give dates, or they say three trilogies that he no longer plans to make anymore). Later on he simply made up the quotes entirely. He started posting "reader questions" which may be genuine, since he gets repeat questions.

I believe most of the quotes he replies to are genuine stuff sent in by fans. Of course he's highly selective about what he responds to and edits out stuff he doesn't like. But whenever you see "George Lucas" as saying something on SS, you can bet money that it's SuperShadow himself being quoted. wink.gif

This post has been edited by KurganX: 18 January 2006 - 06:48 PM

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size