• (2 Pages)
  • +

The rule of 2 weird...

#16 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:45 PM

The reason behind only two Sith existing at any given time is quite simple. They are like a Trojan horse: Hidden from the masses of Jedi to protect the Sith Order only to spend a millenium plotting, calculating, planning only to strike the Jedi down at the best possible time. When Sidious took on Maul as an apprentice, he had already been plotting a way to crush the Republic from within and to take down the only thing that really stood in the way, the arrogance and the dogma that is the Jedi Order. For one thousand years, the Jedi had trained in the ancient Jedi arts. Yoda was very arrogant and set in his ways and as a result, he trained the younger Jedi in his own traditional manner. The Jedi trained using the same training methods they had been using for the past 25,000 years. The same traditions, the same old Jedi Code, the same old worn out thing. For those same one thousand years, the Sith Order had been training as well. They trained in calculated methods of how to destroy the Jedi. Darth Sidious could see into the future as could quite a few other established Sith Lords. The Jedi did not dare look into the future very far because it was a path that led to pain and eventually, to the dark side. The Sith kept their numbers small to maintain secrecy and to gain more power. The fewer Sith Lords that existed, the more powerful they were. As Darth Bane once said, "There shall always be only two Sith. One who has power, and one who craves it."

#17 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Feb 24 2006, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For those same one thousand years, the Sith Order had been training as well. They trained in calculated methods of how to destroy the Jedi.
What a waste of time.

#18 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:18 AM

It truly is a waste of time, I mean just think of all the wasted "2nd Siths" who've been trained over the last millennium, who trained and trained and trained in the "jedi arts"---for what? So they can die and pass it on to the next schlub who has to train and train and train--for what? At any one of those points in that millennium didn't ANY of those Sith who felt such deep hate and rage towards the Jedi ever take a pot-shot at the Jedi knights? Did not any of THEM ever scheme? All they ever did was wait for their "One" (Palpatine) to make their millennium of vengeance to come to fruition? It's pure BULLSHIT!!!

And them "waiting patiently" for generations is counter to how the darkside is described---impatient, quick, easy....

I just can't understand how people can defend this drivel!

This post has been edited by CowboyCurtis: 25 February 2006 - 12:19 AM

Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#19 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:09 AM

Not only that, but it wasn't dark arts or elaborate training which did the Jedi in anyway.

Ani had killed children before. Clones did the heavy lifting.

#20 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:40 AM

Here is a thought, taking a look at the EU for a moment. Time and time again, the Sith try to exterminate the Jedi over the course of however many years it was. They use their strength in numbers to slaughter the Jedi. These guys led friggin armies, dedicated to conquering the galaxy and wiping out the Jedi. In some instances, using this method they brought the number of Jedi left in the galaxy to less than 100, and even less than ten. Now suddenly, they switch this method around, shed their their numbers, sit around doing not much for awihle, and then wipe out the Jedi Order. They manage to lose two out of the four that participated in this and rule the galaxy, whilst the Jedi are slaughtered to basically two guys that ever do anthing meaningfull 18-25 years later.

Then Luke, who got some training from Ben and Yoda, manages to take down the last two Sith (albiet a favorable turn of events). All of that time spent improving the Sith order and they get taken down by some punk. Also, if Sidious could see so well into the future, how come he doesn't see himself getting tossed into the core of the Death Star? Ans. "Always emotion the future is."

Therefore, if this guy can't even predict that his own death is imminent, how does he predict exactly what to do and when and how to wipe out the Jedi? Ans. he probably couldn't, and he didn't need to. The Jedi around him acted like such complete morons that it would have been positively a sinch to wipe them all out.

I can imagine Palpatine's force ghost talking to Darth Bane's: "You fucking moron! What were you thinking?"

This post has been edited by Zatoichi: 25 February 2006 - 01:44 AM

Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#21 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (Zatoichi @ Feb 25 2006, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is a thought, taking a look at the EU for a moment. Time and time again, the Sith try to exterminate the Jedi over the course of however many years it was. They use their strength in numbers to slaughter the Jedi. These guys led friggin armies, dedicated to conquering the galaxy and wiping out the Jedi. In some instances, using this method they brought the number of Jedi left in the galaxy to less than 100, and even less than ten. Now suddenly, they switch this method around, shed their their numbers, sit around doing not much for awihle, and then wipe out the Jedi Order. They manage to lose two out of the four that participated in this and rule the galaxy, whilst the Jedi are slaughtered to basically two guys that ever do anthing meaningfull 18-25 years later.

Then Luke, who got some training from Ben and Yoda, manages to take down the last two Sith (albiet a favorable turn of events). All of that time spent improving the Sith order and they get taken down by some punk. Also, if Sidious could see so well into the future, how come he doesn't see himself getting tossed into the core of the Death Star? Ans. "Always emotion the future is."

Therefore, if this guy can't even predict that his own death is imminent, how does he predict exactly what to do and when and how to wipe out the Jedi? Ans. he probably couldn't, and he didn't need to. The Jedi around him acted like such complete morons that it would have been positively a sinch to wipe them all out.

I can imagine Palpatine's force ghost talking to Darth Bane's: "You fucking moron! What were you thinking?"

Thank you Zatoichi for mentioning the EU. Palpatine may have lost so much power by the end of ROTJ, he only concentrated on Skywalker, completely forgetting the fact that Vader was still in the same room. Palpatine treated Vader as a puppet and it is never more evident than it is in the final classic trilogy film.

Just on a side note: Sith can't attain immortality. The Sith can't transubstantiate as Force ghosts. Immortality is a privilege reserved exclusively for the Jedi.

#22 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Feb 25 2006, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Immortality is a privilege reserved exclusively for the Jedi.

"Force God" always liked them Best angry.gif

Gosh, Jejef. You really know this shit.

#23 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Feb 25 2006, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you Zatoichi for mentioning the EU. Palpatine may have lost so much power by the end of ROTJ, he only concentrated on Skywalker, completely forgetting the fact that Vader was still in the same room. Palpatine treated Vader as a puppet and it is never more evident than it is in the final classic trilogy film.

Just on a side note: Sith can't attain immortality. The Sith can't transubstantiate as Force ghosts. Immortality is a privilege reserved exclusively for the Jedi.

Are you sure? They had to kill Palpatine at least two more times before he stayed dead and he had died once before the OT. Each time he died his essance transfered to another clone of himself. He actually had to travel through space to get to different planets, just like Obi-wan. Also, the thing that Exar Kun did to himself is quite similiar.

Yes, for knowing this I am a very sad person (that likes to read a lot).

This post has been edited by Zatoichi: 25 February 2006 - 10:08 AM

Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#24 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (Zatoichi @ Feb 25 2006, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure? They had to kill Palpatine at least two more times before he stayed dead and he had died once before the OT. Each time he died his essance transfered to another clone of himself. He actually had to travel through space to get to different planets, just like Obi-wan. Also, the thing that Exar Kun did to himself is quite similiar.

Yes, for knowing this I am a very sad person (that likes to read a lot).

Don't feel sad, be happy you have an active imagination. Reading a lot is a good thing, keep it up. You are receiving the benefits as you speak. Very true, they did kill Palpatine more than once. What I meant by the Sith not being able to attain immortality is this: The Sith "immortality" is a false immortality, much like the new humanlike Cylons of Battlestar Galactica. They don't really live eternally on an ephereal plane as the Jedi do. When the Jedi attain immortality, they aren't really dead in a spiritual sense. When you see the Jedi ghosts, they are not just the "essence" of those fallen people. Those "ghosts" are the ephereal representation of the Jedi. Sith can not attain this. Exar Kun and Palpatine may have been able to carry on their "essence" by creating clones of themselves, but they need a donor body in order to exist. Jedi do not need a donor body to exist in the afterlife. Exar Kun and Palpatine are dead. They are not immortal or they would be apparitions instead of dead clone bodies. Obi-wan, Qui-gon, Yoda, and Anakin will live forever as apparitions. Palpatine and Exar Kun will not. I don't claim to be a god, so please don't think that about me. I'm merely looking at the whole "Force" thing through a multi-religious aspect. After all, isn't that what the Force is? An ancient religion? Think about it... if the Force was Catholicism, for example... that would mean the Jedi were the good priests that didn't sleep with their alter boys. The Sith would be the priests that did... hmmmm... kinda puts things in a whole new perspective, don't it?

#25 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Feb 27 2006, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kinda puts things in a whole new perspective, don't it?

"Bend over Darth Maul!"
"Yes Master..."

Holy crap dude, though I'm sure there are sites out there exploring this particular perspective...

sick.gif

#26 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 27 February 2006 - 02:34 PM

Yeah.

No slash fiction here please.

Further, no discussion, please, of what "slash" is, or where you can find it. Look it up, PM one another if need be.

On other stuff: the business about killed Palpatine more than once, is that all from EU novels?
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#27 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2006 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Feb 27 2006, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah.

No slash fiction here please.

Further, no discussion, please, of what "slash" is, or where you can find it. Look it up, PM one another if need be.

On other stuff: the business about killed Palpatine more than once, is that all from EU novels?

Happened in Dark Empire I or II, comicbook from Darkhorse. I recall Luke destroying a dozen Emperor clones. I know how it sounds but the Dark Empire series was actually pretty good.

This post has been edited by HK 47: 28 February 2006 - 03:08 AM

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size