Chefelf.com Night Life: Credit on the Production Diagram (DVD Bonus Feature) - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Credit on the Production Diagram (DVD Bonus Feature) If not for all of us then at least for Chefelf.....

#1 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:19 AM

I borrowed the ROTS DVD this weekend from my local library and learned nothing new by watching the film AGAIN with the audio commentary. I did find a few things as bad or worse than the film, one being the deleted scene where Obi Wan and Anakin see the femaile Jedi killed as thy're surrounded by the useless driod troopers. Its been established before that Jedi like Mace can fling one droid trooper against the others to knock them off balance and turn things in their favor, and yet they don't do this. Its doubtful they could have saved the other Jedi in doing this, but they could have turned things to their advantage a bit. At least the deletion removed the part of the scene where Obi Wan and Anakin plot their next fighting moves by giving signals using their hands nd rubbing thier faces like a pitcher and catcher do during an American baseball game. I'm surprised no one saw the lameness when the scene was set up and filmed for the insult to the audience's collective intelligence that it was.Heaven forbit the Jedi use the telekinisis ability they have through the Force.....

But the most annoying feature IMHO past the commercials for Lucas video games that he passes off as a "bonus" instead of the cheap hack infomercials that they are is one of the "Making of" documentaries where an elaborate 3D graph of all those involved in the film supposedly intertined to bring us the disappointment that ws ROTS. Yes, the catering crew were featured, which prompts me to demand that if we, the let-down fans aren't shown on the graph, then at least put an arrow leading to Chef Elf and his reasons.

The graph and featurette could start with a rumor or photo leaked by ILM during the development of ROTS, lead to a forum discussion tthat has a couple of fans saying "oh man, that looks so cool!". gp to the release of a cool pre-trailer, to a story in the news about an idiot fan sleeping putside a theatre months before the movie officially opens, to the actual trailer release as part of some crap movie with Rob Schneider that makes a lot of cash that weekend because people went to see the trailer and failed to stay for the film, to more leaked pics and 80% of what happens in the script, to the first online discussions of folks that saw it, to three or so people saying "it was beter than anything else my eyes ever saw", to more people adding their voices in disgust at what they saw and that they were let down, well, you get the idea......

This has been the process pretty much since before TPM came out. I demand we be represented in the grand scheme graph of things of ROTS. And again, if not us by showing the "disgruntled fan" arrow, then a line going off into the way distance that ends in "Chef Elf's reasons to hate...."

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size