Page 1 of 1

Greatest battle of all time?

#1 User is offline   flying dutchman Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:23 AM

Hello everybody!

I want your opinions please:
In a war between everybody's favourite alien races,the Gungans and the Ewoks,who do you think would win?

#2 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:32 AM

Industrial Light and Magic.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#3 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:06 AM

To quote the tagline from the film Aliens Vs. Predator, "No Matter Who Wins, We Lose...."
The G-Damned Ewoks couldn't even walk well and they managed to take out the Empire (yes, as believable as they day I first saw it in 1983) whereas the Gungans sent a Quisling to eventually take over Senatorial duties when the humanoid gal they had was in heat, basically ushering the vote that led to Palpatine getting the comfy chair he sports in ROTJ.

This post has been edited by Darth Player: 03 September 2006 - 11:08 AM

#4 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:25 PM

Man, Gungans, Ewoks, Wookies, I don't care who they are, if you send in a battalion of Clone Troopers, they would wipe those silly creatures out. The Empire could have won the battle on Endor if only they dropped a few AT-AT's on the ground to provide heavy firepower. AT-ST's got destroyed as we saw. Crap, why didn't they just put a Star Destoyer over the camp on Endor and blast everything to Hell! Rocks, logs, and arrows won't do anything to a Star Destoyer. Use TIE bombers effectively.

I hated all the Ewok footage in the ROTJ. I thought the battle with the Gungans in EP I was poor. And GL did not need to go to Kashyyk to see the wookies if you've seen the Holiday Special. I cringed in my seat at the sight of wookies, especially when five minutes of screen time is given to them speaking in their native growls. It's torture. The Clone Troopers shouldn't have just killed Jedi, they should have had orders to blow everything up!

#5 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:44 PM

It's not something I would willingly pay for. Throw in a Darth Maul ressurection....

#6 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:00 PM

There ya go, Despondent! If it includes the most disciplined Sith ever, I will watch it. Unleash Maul and let the limbs fly and the bodies drop! That guy is one man army!

#7 User is offline   miladyblue Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:11 AM

It might be interesting to see that Darth Maul resurrection Despondent mentions, and have HIM take on a fully trained and disciplined Luke Skywalker, circa RotJ.

THAT would be an interesting match, because Ray Parks (Maul) is a real life martial arts champion - I forget the discipline he studied - and Mark Hamill (Luke) spent over a year training in Kendo (Japanese sword fighting), gymnastics and other athletic endeavors to get ready for ESB to show Luke as a Jedi in training.

Instead of all the stupid, overwrought CGI histrionics, we could then see two guys who REALLY know how to fight in a duel!

As for the Ewoks VS the Gungans, I want to see the Gungans kill a load of Ewoks, cook them, eat them, and die horribly of Ewok poisoning. devil.gif

#8 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:58 AM

Ewok Front:
Ewoks: "eee-dub-nuk-nuk*"
*Editors Note: We believe the translaction may be: "On my command, unlead hell."
Ewok: "Yub nub."
Ewok Lieutenant: "Neech-a-wawa!"

Meanwhile on the Gungun Front:
"Wheesa shouldsa preparesa for groundsa assault!"
"Jar Jar, you'sa talkin'a bantha poodooo! Brrrrrrarrrrr - glop, glop*"
*Editors Note: Gungan leader is prone to shaking his jowel and unleashing slober and spit and hell in every direction.
"Brrrrrrarrrrr - glop, glop! Weesa unlead hell!"

And with that, I give up whole-heatedly on the scenario. Who would win? Between two equally worthless species...hmmm. Hard to say.

Overall, I say fuck the Ewoks. But compared to them, I say punish-fuck the Gungans.

So in my mind, Ewoks should win. But only because they ultimately end up sucking a hell of a lot less than the Gungans do....

#9 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:23 PM

I like Milady's tragic ending. There are endless ways to go with that.

I envision the Ewoks and Gungans fighting on the perch of an active volcanic range, with peaks that actually erupt. You know, randomly spewing lava over one and all?

Boss Nass will safely glide away on a blob of spit.

#10 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:08 PM

Gungans and Ewoks fight war in which they both die, Wuzzems eat the remains and die from milady's said food poisoning.
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#11 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (flying dutchman @ Sep 3 2006, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everybody!

I want your opinions please:
In a war between everybody's favourite alien races,the Gungans and the Ewoks,who do you think would win?

Ewoks.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#12 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (yukai_ondori @ Sep 3 2006, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There ya go, Despondent! If it includes the most disciplined Sith ever, I will watch it. Unleash Maul and let the limbs fly and the bodies drop! That guy is one man army!

good call on the mention for a Darth Maul resurrection, that would indeed be a killer showcase!

As for the Gungan/Ewok issue,..I am mostly confused to who is the more annoying of the two.

As much as I despise both, I would have to say that the Gungans seem to be less annoying than the Ewoks are. For starters, at least the Gungans can speak half-assed broken english. I would have no clue what any Ewok would be saying to me without C3PO there to translate.

The Gungans are just plain idiots,.but the Ewoks,.have this certain demeanor about them,.as if they are nothing but a bunch of snot-nosed brats who lack proper discipline that are in dire need of a spanking. I cant tolerate a Teddy Ruxpin knock-off, cocking an attitude to me in a foreign language all the while poking me in the side with a bamboo stick affixed with an metallic arrowhead. At least the Gungans did observe some sort of civil behavior and respectfulness-even though they are dumb as dirt,.I cant say I extend the same gratitude for the Ewoks.

yell.gif
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size