• +

Was this really necessary?

#16 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 January 2006 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Jan 15 2006, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saw the ESB part last night where Luke dons his flight suit over his "Bespin fatigues" which he'll also wear on Dagobah. (Thanks for mentioning that, Darth Player.)

No probs, there, Desp., I missed it with the first 100 viewings of ESB myself. Just goes to show how skillfully crafted ESB was between Leigh Brackett/Lawrence Kasdan's script, and Kershner's directing, allowing for small touches like that.

I guess if you're a Jedi, you get the cool Andy Gibb headband that allows you to control the thoughts for the fighter for the craft piloted by Obi Wan in ATOC and ROTS, and Anakin in just what we see during ROTS. So maybe that fighter if more of a performance champion than the X-Wing Luke operates?

Considering it all, I think its kinda odd that Obi Wan and Anakin (among the other Jedi we see get nailed during Order 66's execution) that they pilot a state of the art fighter in their Jedi bathrobes.

#17 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:31 PM

Long ago, before the PT came out, I always thought it would be neat to see Anakin in the same orange jumpsuits that the Rebel pilots wore. Just the sentimental value alone of later seeing his son in a simular pilot suit walking to his X-wing during ANH would have been pretty powerful, I think...

#18 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (Giff @ Jan 15 2006, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now that I think about it....the PT had Ani/Obi in their small little starfighters with no suit.

Granted, the ARC-170 (the "inspiration" for the x-wing) had their pilots in suits.

Maybe it's because Ani and Obi weren't considered fighter pilots and the clone pilots were. Maybe they didn't have flight suits for Jedi because the Senate spent too much money on flight suits for the clones.

Palpatine: ...and so now that we have a Republic Navy full of clone pilots, the Republic has seen fit to provide each and every clone pilot with a flight suit.

Bail Organa: Very good, Chancellor. With any luck, we will win this war against the Separatists.

Mas Amedda: They will look so good in their new suits, too!

Palpatine: Yes, they certainly will! Now on to the next item on the agenda...

Padme: But, Your Excellency, what about the Jedi?

Palpatine: What about them?

Padme: Don't they get those cool suits, too?

Palpatine: I'm afraid not, Senator.

Padme: Why not?

Palpatine: Hey, listen, sister... you wanna run this Republic? Screw the Jedi. Why do they need flight suits?

Jar Jar Binks: Whooooo! Theysa inna bigga doo doo now! Whooooop!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size