• (3 Pages)
  • +

Existance of Aliens Confirmed Released files from the KGB

#16 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

I believe there are forces out there, and the very reasons why we are here.

If I was to know everything in such a way that I was unable to do anything in my choice to make changes for a fixed future, would there be any reason to live?

Perhaps "If there appeared to be one chance to lifetimes in a single place per cycle, is this a protective cover by design to look into the wrong way and sink deeper, so no one will wake up?".

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 10 January 2006 - 08:59 PM

#17 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:01 AM

Dr. Lecter: Some of the reasons we are like we are just work well, given our understanding of chemistry. I can't say anything on being carbon-based because it's been too long, but being mostly water is a good advantage because water has a very high specific heat and is fluid in many of our climates.

And nothing says that other life forms have to breath oxygen, but the process produces more energy and is a more thorough breakdown of chemicals than anaerobic respiration.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#18 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ Jan 11 2006, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dr. Lecter: Some of the reasons we are like we are just work well, given our understanding of chemistry. I can't say anything on being carbon-based because it's been too long, but being mostly water is a good advantage because water has a very high specific heat and is fluid in many of our climates.

And nothing says that other life forms have to breath oxygen, but the process produces more energy and is a more thorough breakdown of chemicals than anaerobic respiration.

I am curious to see if there are substances like water that gives out less or more energy, heat and is native to the environment of each planet.

But one question remains to me involving heat: Will the most reactive element like water by nature be found: On the planets nearest to the sun or planets that broke away first, or the planets that travelled furthest away like Pluto?

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 11 January 2006 - 02:53 PM

#19 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 January 2006 - 03:09 PM

Remember, humans used to only be aware of four basic elements: fire, earth, wind, and water. They thought everything was comprised of these four things. Then we started discovering more elements - it had never even occured to man that something like "carbon" was key to every living thing. We have discovered new elements as recently as in the past fifty years, I believe. So what about the possibility of there being different elements on other planets? Other life forms could be made up of things we can't even comprehend, just because we don't yet know of its existence in the universe.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#20 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Jan 11 2006, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember, humans used to only be aware of four basic elements: fire, earth, wind, and water. They thought everything was comprised of these four things. Then we started discovering more elements - it had never even occured to man that something like "carbon" was key to every living thing. We have discovered new elements as recently as in the past fifty years, I believe. So what about the possibility of there being different elements on other planets? Other life forms could be made up of things we can't even comprehend, just because we don't yet know of its existence in the universe.

Yes, I originally thought that the same type of elements collect together by heat and similiar types that are close before it fully reacts and split away from the Sun as a rock.

#21 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:49 PM

A lot of the newer elements are man-made and so unstable that they only exist for a split second in bizarre conditions and then revert back to something else. We could be missing some, but given how molecular structure seems to work, I'm not sure if there's room for a whole lot more. There's a certain point on the Periodic Table where all of the elements after it are radioactive... Something like the 6th or 7th row, I'm not sure where... But we could be missing some, I suppose. Or in different atmospheric conditions, atoms could bond differently, creating compounds we don't know about.

Water isn't that reactive, chemically. It's the product of a neutralizing action between an acid and a base: The acid drops it's H+ atom, and the base drops its OH- ion. They bond and you get water (H20), an exactly neutral compound (An even number of H+ and OH- ions). Though it is a nearly universal solvent due to the dipolar nature of the atom, so it tends to dissolve things, and can sometimes act as an acid or a base, too...

Given the simplistic and common nature of the atoms, it's feasable that it would show up in other places than Earth, and has been found on other planets in our solar system.

#22 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:54 PM

I remember after the seventh row there were two rows of radioactive materials, I will check later. Makes sense to me generally on how materials combine in water as a base to move to an attracted element, and splits up waste materials after a reaction, if I am right.

So for modifying atoms and molecules, I suppose this is where particle accelerators are used.

http://en.wikipedia....cle_accelerator

But never seen one these in action or the result.

An experiment I was thinking about; Developing a weapon using a magtron from a microwave, do not know how this would work but I will find out one day.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 11 January 2006 - 07:58 PM

#23 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:58 PM

Slade, you're missing the point. Who says that the physical laws that govern Earth are the same elsewhere? Molecular structure could be totally different! Maybe they don't have molecules at all! The thing I was saying aobut the elements is that before we discovered elements, such as, say, oxygen, it never entered our minds that we breathed anything but "air." Humans have a difficult time comprehending anything outside of what they already know. I've used this example before: try thinking of a color you've never seen before. We know they're there, but we can't see them because our eyeballs can't see beyond the ROYGBIV color spectrum. Because we've never seen any other colors, we can't create a new one in our heads. But they are there!!! Just like there could be some completely different way of defining "life" on other worlds. Just because we hadn't discovered "hydrogen" didn't mean it wasn't there. There could be other elements, even other "building-blocks of matter" that we don't know about, because they're not on Earth for us to discover.
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#24 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:02 PM

I think you're reaching, my dear, but I did mention that things could occur differently under different conditions.

I'm not going to discount the laws of physics in the name of "We haven't seen everywhere, so we can't say they're the same!" for now, though.

#25 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:24 PM

Slade, I see you operate under the general close-mindedness that has most of the world blinded... I had such high hopes for you, too... *sigh*

#26 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:48 PM

Can non perceivable objects lead to the "laws of dimensions"?
Such as theoretical solutions to find ways of expressing and exactly pinpointing objects that are there but cannot be seen; For colours that look the same but expressed mathematically different, static energy from poltergeists, and voice echo's from sounds above the hearing spectrum of people.

#27 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:42 PM

That hurts, Spoon... Right here... *points to pineal gland*

I try to operate under open-minded skepticism. That is, I'm wary of things, but I don't just scoff at them without any base. If you'd have read my post thoroughly you would have discovered I was saying "This could be plausible, but I am unsure as to how it would work."

Mr. Sycher: Eh? I don't understand your question very well.

#28 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Jan 11 2006, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Slade, you're missing the point. Who says that the physical laws that govern Earth are the same elsewhere? Molecular structure could be totally different! Maybe they don't have molecules at all! The thing I was saying aobut the elements is that before we discovered elements, such as, say, oxygen, it never entered our minds that we breathed anything but "air." Humans have a difficult time comprehending anything outside of what they already know. I've used this example before: try thinking of a color you've never seen before. We know they're there, but we can't see them because our eyeballs can't see beyond the ROYGBIV color spectrum. Because we've never seen any other colors, we can't create a new one in our heads. But they are there!!! Just like there could be some completely different way of defining "life" on other worlds. Just because we hadn't discovered "hydrogen" didn't mean it wasn't there. There could be other elements, even other "building-blocks of matter" that we don't know about, because they're not on Earth for us to discover.

I have to agree with Slade here. Hydrogen is a molocule with one proton attatched to it, add another proton and you get helium, add another and you get a new element so on and so forth. There is little room inbetween for new discoveries.

Now the way these elements react and bond together might be a bit differant due to the myriad of differant conditions that other planets may present, but the basic bricks of matter will remain the same. Much like Legos, you can build forts, spaceships, sculptures and the like, but they will all be made out of the same basic interconnectable blocks.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#29 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 January 2006 - 03:07 PM

All I have to say is:

http://www.ibiblio.o...p?page=origin07

If organisms can survive like that, anything is possible

#30 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Dr Lecter @ Jan 13 2006, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I have to say is:

http://www.ibiblio.o...p?page=origin07

If organisms can survive like that, anything is possible

Supports the solution of another world. Perhaps it is not all to do with people, could it be in that world, they appear to think and function as same but according to how reality is perceived down there?

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 13 January 2006 - 04:08 PM

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size