http://www.indiadail...torial/6063.asp

Discuss

#2 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:58 PM

It's spelled "existence," for one, and two, it's about friggin' time.

This stuff only admits the existence of UFOs, and one shouldn't assume that extraterrestrial beings lurk inside, though. Very interesting to get some confirmation.

This post has been edited by Slade: 08 January 2006 - 05:03 PM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

#3 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:07 PM

Well something would have existed if it was seen. Normally objects are hidden away until it can no longer be hidden. Curious to see if this leads back in the days of Columbus where certain populations believed that the world was flat and I suppose for a good reason as shown to this day. I do not know enough information on who really discovered the new lands first, such as the Greeks and the Eastern countries who might have kept it a secret for trade.

However the world started, could it be true that the solar system resembles an atom, inside a material of another world but in slow motion. The material appears to be black as in colour or defined that way because of viewable limitations in that dimension. What is hovering out there could be microscopic to that world but who knows, that could be our god. A possibility that they built what was needed to survive as the materials were used up, also to consider changes to the climate.

What happens if there was not long to live and people were able to create lifetimes that last in what appears to be a short time?

Yet to be proven...

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 08 January 2006 - 07:14 PM

#4 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:13 PM

Well, there's evidence that the Vikings went as far as modern day New York... Not to mention the fact that the native americans had to get to there... and also the fact there's evidence that the Egyptians had access to cannabis, thus its not had to assume that the supply lines went across the world. Although, they may have assumed the end of the world was between Britain and America, but then again the Vikings later went across through Iceland, and Canada... so meh... its all twisted History... Bad comunnication, etc... I guess if the Vikings had known that they had found the continent that was to east of modern day Russia they would have worked out that the earth would have to flat alot sooner than it took everyone else. Since they both really had access to America from opposite sides, but neither probably knew that the other did since there was such a longer time between there existance and locale. If that made no sense.... I'll re-write it in the morning...

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 08 January 2006 - 07:17 PM

#5 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:53 PM

Understood if you mean they took shortest distance out of the two ways.
I read that Portugal and Eastern countries such as Japan did trades as well. I am wondering if it is the work of the churches to make people believe that the world was flat?

Those who said the world was flat should learn if the facts are true before enforcing assumptions. Could this be a way to dominate the poorer population by adding false high values, to imported goods from countries unknown, as a privilege to the rich?

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 08 January 2006 - 08:02 PM

#6 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:29 PM

The article definitely doesn't confirm the existence of aliens, and in fact sounds a little dodgy to me. But that's not to say I don't believe that there is other life out there. How typical of human beings; to be so egotistical as to believe that we are so significant as to be the only intelligent life in the entire omniverse... However, I also can't say that I believe whole-heartedly that there IS other life. I guess I wouldn't be surprised either way, and don't really care either way, either; until the issue starts affecting my life for some reason. tongue.gif

Really, no one will ever be able to prove that there IS no life out there. They have said there can be none, as there are no breathable gases, but I've wondered since I was tiny how that could be a logical explanation; as who is to say beings from other worlds would breathe the same compunds as we? Who says they even have to breathe? And why does everyone portray any non-human, yet sentient being, as a humanoid bi-ped? Sheesh! Get creative, people!
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#7 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Jan 9 2006, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And why does everyone portray any non-human, yet sentient being, as a humanoid bi-ped? Sheesh! Get creative, people!

Because it's a lot easier to do. Have you ever tried to get a cow to learn lines? It isn't easy!
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#8 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:54 AM

I do not use the word "aliens", need to see to believe and all "yet to be proven". I mean't other life forms, but at the same time trying to be creative on thinking of other explanations. My guess from a long time ago, the universe was similiar to an atom. Could solar systems exist as atoms in this world?

I think sunlight does play an important part, perhaps there was a time when the sun exhibited more heat and light, so life back then is likely to have adapted and relied on that?

But I am sure for any life form to exist needs to adapt to whatever environment they are in. So many possibilities, all might have been said before. True as we will never know, until proven.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 09 January 2006 - 07:21 AM

#9 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Jan 9 2006, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because it's a lot easier to do. Have you ever tried to get a cow to learn lines? It isn't easy!

I like that, perhaps a cow can learn lines if it feels it has a purpose to learn language, considering the difficulty of developing vocals and addressing the physical limitations. Instead they make the best use of what life has to offer for their own values.

"Is it a habit or in our nature to make the unknown stand out and frighten people for the use of inventing authority?"

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 09 January 2006 - 07:17 AM

#10 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:51 AM

I saw a UFO once. It hovered a couple of hundred feet above us for a few minutes, then pshew! took off at supersonic speed and vanished. It was at nighttime in rural Missouri, 1986.

#11 User is offline   Al Creed Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:33 PM

I've never seen a UFO, but I've always thought that there HAD to be life on other planets. The galaxy is composed of countless solar systems, there has to be some sort of life, intelligent or not, on other planets.

#12 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:44 PM

If humankind is any indication of universal tendencies, it seems that intelligent lifeforms form societies rife with internal competition, and that their life spans are limited. Mankind as a species aware of the rest of the universe has been around a very short time, and may not last much longer, cosmically speaking.

So: it may be that given the size of the universe, other intelligent species, capable of interstellar communication and/or travel, might possibly exist. Thing is, they might exist in the distant past, or in the distand future, or so far away that it makes no difference.

I doubt that we have been visited by species intelligent enough to travel great distances only to cow out at the last moment and not to make contact. I can't make sense of the motive: were we to have the curiosity to budget a journey of interstellar exploration, you can bet your ass after thousands of dead ends we'd say hi when we reached a planet capable of appreciating us. So I project onto these hypothetical aliens: if they're curious enough to visit, they'd want to say hi as well. And not to the power elite of our enemies in the Cold War. How would they know exactly who to contact to make Americans paranoid? Have they been watching our 1950s sci-fi movies?
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#13 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:55 PM

To be fair, there is no way that an alien could look anything like a human, if it did we would have to be related somehow to them because the odds are just so unlikely.No doubt aliens size, structure, intelligence, level of evolution, among other things would be determined by the climate and history of their planet, aswell as size and atomosphere, etc.

No doubt aliens from larger planets would have a smaller skeleton, and those from a very large planet would have none at all. I also think that aliens could exist without water. Mostly likely they would need oxygen, but not for certain. It could be simply that we live in a water based planet that we have evolved to be mostly water based ourselves. Oxygen however, there was no life on Earth before oxygen, apart from plants which produced their own oxygen. So its fair to assume that aliens would also need oxygen but it the same could be argued about oxygen as with water. If you assume, however that aliens do not need either oxygen or water, and no need to be carbon based (well, there's little reason why they should be) . Then aliens can take any form that would like. They wouldn't be restricted like earth animals are to needing lungs and internal storage of water. But, if they get their energy from something like sulphur, they would need lung-like parts to process that. However, if they were not water based, they would need an alternative method of nerve system and moving waste and sulphur (running with the idea) to and away their muscles (I would guess that all living creatures would need some kind of muscles). Since blood requires water, so they might instead... infact I have no idea would you do instead of a blood system... maybe... eletron based... where electrons move through the body... I think that isn't physically possible... but its just an idea... anyway... aliens, interesting.

#14 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:08 PM

I believe electrons as a guess based on energy fields responsible for generating the architecture. Logically the materials they evolved from have advantages and limitations compared to other planets.

How about the associations to plant life?
What I am still thinking about: Dating back to a time when the earth was hot. Could another type of creature evolved from plants? But limited to that specific type of environment at the time.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 10 January 2006 - 05:10 PM

#15 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:07 PM

Once again...IT IS ABOUT TIME. I think that almost everyone believed in their existence, although it is nice to have actual evidence.
OH NO!!!

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size