Chefelf.com Night Life: If 5days was made into a movie.. - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

If 5days was made into a movie.. Pick actors you think would fit.

#31 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (Tek @ Jan 4 2006, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, I suggest the man who played Jason in Friday the 13th part3.

He's reasonably tall and burly who know has experience in weirding masks and killing people. Could be a little old niow though.

As for Trilby, I'd suggest someone neuotic like a woody allen but in better shape, as he needs someone distinctive but also strong enough to put forward the mask of a swauthe cath burgerler.

Personally, I'd say an animated film would be better, something artistic and stylish and not some dumb anime styled show, something with a strong style that suits the storyline.

Like loony toons?

#32 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE (COBNAT @ Jan 4 2006, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyhow, who would be a great actor to play the part of "The Weilder"?

One does have to factor in that "The Welder" changes from person to person, so you could have everyone having a go.

And here's one thing I've just remembered that I never got about 5DAS. As far as I remember, John DeFoe (or whatever the twin who became the Welder was called) was born in the 19th Century. So how on Earth did he own a set of welding gear? The machette, maybe, since his dad was an explorer... or is my memory going?
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#33 User is offline   Yahtzee Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Jan 4 2006, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And here's one thing I've just remembered that I never got about 5DAS. As far as I remember, John DeFoe (or whatever the twin who became the Welder was called) was born in the 19th Century. So how on Earth did he own a set of welding gear? The machette, maybe, since his dad was an explorer... or is my memory going?

Arc welding was invented in 1800. Protective gear for blacksmithy existed for centuries beforehand.
As I walked through the valley of the shadow of death, I realised that it could do with a lick of paint.

#34 User is offline   Walexei Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:51 PM

well there goes my time travelling talking grapefruit theory.

#35 User is offline   Tek Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (COBNAT @ Jan 4 2006, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like loony toons?

No.

Like a comic book style with a rough edge or maybe a film noir.

#36 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 05 January 2006 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (Tek @ Jan 4 2006, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No.

Like a comic book style with a rough edge or maybe a film noir.

So like Batman (present) style?

#37 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 05 January 2006 - 01:20 AM

I wouldn't myself. Batman (90's cartoon) or the X-men cartoon style would be much better.

This post has been edited by Kirby: 05 January 2006 - 01:20 AM

The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#38 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:11 AM

Nah, that's still too happy. Try combining Sin City with Max Payne and loads of blood, scattered guts and all the other nice things which are usually applied for the presentation of family orientated violence.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#39 User is offline   Pudding Icon

• New Cop

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:48 PM

Who would fund such a movie? How could one possibly raise enough money to make an entire movie out of this game?

Perhaps Yahtzee should sue Hasbro for stealing his name.

#40 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:07 PM

That's an interesting point. If your games(or any of your work)was made into a proper film, would you still have your name appear as Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw in the credits, or would you drop the alias?
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#41 User is offline   Pudding Icon

• New Cop

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:22 PM

Does that mean if I actually name my kid Yahtzee, I can get sued by Hasbro? Sweet.

But what if I start a company, and name my game Ben Croshaw? Which of us gets to sue the other then?

#42 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:41 AM

Long answer;
QUOTE (Pudding @ Jan 13 2006, 04:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does that mean if I actually name my kid Yahtzee, I can get sued by Hasbro?

No. What psychological pain you choose to inflict on your children is purely your own business, however should you try to profit in some way from the childs name in a way that effects Hasbro's Yahtzee games, you can be sued.
QUOTE (Pudding @ Jan 13 2006, 04:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But what if I start a company, and name my game Ben Croshaw? Which of us gets to sue the other then?

Neither of you, because the games title and designer are completely different legal concepts, unless the title names the producer (as in Sid Meier's Pirates!). However should your game involve a character by the name of Ben Croshaw, that actively damages the image of Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw, then he may engage in legal proceedings. Regardless, Yahtzee would have the upper hand legally because his name was on his birth certificate, and he started his games career first.

Short answer;
In either case you'd be behaving like a bit of a twat.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#43 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:07 AM

I prefer the short answer, yes indeed I do.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#44 User is offline   Pudding Icon

• New Cop

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:41 AM

But what if I went back in time before Yahtzee was born and named my game Ben Croshaw? Of course I couldn't do that anyway due to budget constraints, and also I don't care enough.

Back on topic, if 5days was a movie, assuming it got all "teh moneys" what would they have to change to make it suitably long? I mean, assuming you don't wander about the game can be finished in less than half an hour, and watching Trilby wander around wondering what to do with the bear doesn't make for good extra content. So what would they need to add? More characters to be killed violently? More areas that Trilby inexplicably must go to? Discuss.

#45 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (Pudding)
Back on topic, if 5days was a movie, assuming it got all "teh moneys" what would they have to change to make it suitably long? I mean, assuming you don't wander about the game can be finished in less than half an hour...

... true, but I like to dwell on such extraordinarily good told stories, so I have a look at everything once again. After all, you're not playing it just to get through whilst setting up a new time record - or at least you shouldn't, since it sounds like the dumbest idea ever.

QUOTE (Pudding)
...and watching Trilby wander around wondering what to do with the bear doesn't make for good extra content.

I still can't believe that anyone's honestly been wondering about what to do with the goddamned bear... I mean... you're even supplied with the fucking manual, so why isn't anyone considering to give it a read or two? Apart from that, the game already supplies enough action to fill a few hours. There are the killing scenes, the rising tension, the dialogues between the characters and all that...

QUOTE (Pudding)
So what would they need to add? More characters to be killed violently? More areas that Trilby inexplicably must go to? Discuss.

Whoa there, I didn't notice we were talking sacrilege here. Extending a great story, which is as complete in itself as it could get? Without the creator's consent? Oh sure, you could ask him about that, but I guess we all know what the answer will look like.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size