Chefelf.com Night Life: You'd Think The Emperor Would Be Pissed..... - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

You'd Think The Emperor Would Be Pissed..... About Vader Being Half The Man He Used To Be, Suddenly...

#31 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:10 AM

Barend is just being insanely stubborn about the whole Palpatine/Plageous creator idea because he predicted that Palpatine would be revealed as Anakin's father in ROTS. Swallow your pride, my friend.

Let's try making a multiple choice question from this information.

Read the following two dialogues and answer question number 10

A. From Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
QUI-GON: The force is unusually strong with him, that much is clear. Who was his (Anakin's) father?

SHMI: There was no father, that I know of... I carried him, I gave him birth, I can't explain what happened.

B. From Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
PALPATINE: I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life ... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.

10. Based on the information provided in the above dialogues, Anakin's father is most likely:
a. Palpatine
b. Qui-Gon
c. Shmi
d. Darth Plagueis

Correct Answer: D
Anakin's birth was unexplained by his mother. Palpatine describes Darth Plagueis as the only person capable of creating life. It is logical to conclude that Plagueis influenced the midichlorians to create Anakin. For whatever reason, he chose Shmi Skywalker as the "carrier".

This post has been edited by Storm: 07 January 2006 - 02:11 AM

#32 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:20 AM

?????!!!!!!!!

Anakin's birth was unexplained by his mother

But explained by Qui Gon!!

"Its possible he was conceived by the midichorians"

"You're reffering to the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the Force [by destroying the sith]. You believe its this...boy?"

If Plageus was thinking of creating the ultimate bad guy, why do it on a backwater planet where no one would ever find him?

IF Palpatine had intentionally tried to cross the Jedis path with Ani's, maybe the theory would be given some weight.

It was just another tactic to get Ani on his side. Palpatine never even told Anakin this directly.

#33 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:20 AM

And after viewing MANDINGO. I'm of the opinion that Watto had his way with Shmi got it on and Anakin was the result, hence the reason he wasn't pissed the litle bastard was lifting parts to build 3PO or the pod racer, or taking time off to race.

#34 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (jariten @ Jan 7 2006, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Plageus was thinking of creating the ultimate bad guy, why do it on a backwater planet where no one would ever find him?

I think Plageus created Anakin on a "backwater" planet such as Tatooine because he didn't want his apprentice at the time (presumably Palpatine) to know that he was creating the "ultimate bad guy", which would eventually replace Palpatine as apprentice. Somehow Palpatine sensed the deception, and killed Plageus before he had the chance to even meet Anakin. And somewhere down the road Palpatine finally discovered (after the battle on Naboo) who was the person Plageus had created. But since at this time it was agreed that Anakin would be trained as a Jedi, Palpatine chose not to kill Anakin and rather manipulate him to help him exterminate the Jedi.

If Palpatine creates Anakin, it makes no sense why he would have him live as a slave on Tatooine.

#35 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (Storm @ Jan 7 2006, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Plageus created Anakin on a "backwater" planet such as Tatooine because he didn't want his apprentice at the time (presumably Palpatine) to know that he was creating the "ultimate bad guy", which would eventually replace Palpatine as apprentice. Somehow Palpatine sensed the deception, and killed Plageus before he had the chance to even meet Anakin. And somewhere down the road Palpatine finally discovered (after the battle on Naboo) who was the person Plageus had created. But since at this time it was agreed that Anakin would be trained as a Jedi, Palpatine chose not to kill Anakin and rather manipulate him to help him exterminate the Jedi.

If Palpatine creates Anakin, it makes no sense why he would have him live as a slave on Tatooine.

It sounds like (very interesting) EU though. Just keeping to the information given to us in the films, although I believe that Plagus could create life, I don't believe he created Anakin.
It just all seems so random.

#36 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:36 PM

not as random, or clumsey as a blaster.

I suppose it's that "irony" at work again, that the backwater planet is featured by visit or in name, in every Star Wasr film.

#37 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:01 PM

Okay, if we go with Qui-Gon's theory that the Force/Midichlorians indeed created Anakin to fill a supposed prophecy, then what is the point (story-wise) of Palpatine bringing up this information about Plaguies creating life? Why bring it up? What does it accomplish? With that in there, it certainly does seem to indicate/suggest/imply that either Plaguies or Palpatine created Anakin.

Let's throw this into the broth here, too... If Plagueis had indeed created Anakin, that would mean that Plagueis was still alive only a few scant years ago in order to do so, which makes the Jedi look even stupider when they say, [paraphrasing] "...if the Sith had returned, we would've known about it."

I'm sorry, but the more I examine these prequels, the stupider they seem no matter how one tries to rationalize and uber-rationalize it.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#38 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (CowboyCurtis @ Jan 8 2006, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's throw this into the broth here, too... If Plagueis had indeed created Anakin, that would mean that Plagueis was still alive only a few scant years ago in order to do so, which makes the Jedi look even stupider when they say, [paraphrasing] "...if the Sith had returned, we would've known about it."

I don't understand what the problem is. The Jedi are intentionally portrayed as foolish, arrogant, and stupid in the PT.

#39 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:22 PM

Palps was trying to get Ani on his side, firstly by showing that the dark side have the ability to create life, and secondly by drawing a direct line between Ani and the sith. He couldn't come right out with it then, it was too early to reveal himself, hence the implication. Thats it.

I still don't believe him though.

Barend said the other week that he thinks Plagus is Sifo Dias. It all seems too EU for me.

#40 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:18 PM

Can you imagine if Obi-wan, sitting on a log in JEDI would have waffled, say, four times as much as he did?

Than you can understand the groundless, connect the dots, some dots don't link, stay one step ahead of animation, approach to writing the PT is comprised of.

Like the PT jedi, am I arrogant? Sure. But I'd feel stupid and foolish trying to explain, let alone defend, Lucas' singular stab at mythology.

This post has been edited by Despondent: 10 January 2006 - 09:21 PM

#41 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:53 PM

It all seems too EU for me.

You know what else feels "EU" (hell, even fanfic) to me? smile.gif

Anakin raced "paaaawds"
Vader built C3PO
Chewbacca and Yoda knew each other
Boba Fett's dad was the template for the clones
Midichlorians
and so on and so on...

It all seems too EU for me.

Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#42 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2006 - 04:07 AM

We sometimes get ourselves tied up in knots when we discuss these films, but theres really no need to. I'm surprised that people are making as much of a couple of lines of dialogue from palpatine as they are.

#43 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:23 PM

Vader is cool because he is a half-man. And for some reason they thought it necessary for a voice changer.....
OH NO!!!

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size