• Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 February 2006 - 07:30 PM

I think its... gamier.

#92 User is offline   HMC Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:08 PM

Having trouble with the boss. I understand the nature of his attack patterns, but it's hard to keep up with keeping track of where he's shooting and the unresponsiveness of the character. Plus, the boss is a total asshole.

This post has been edited by HMC: 15 February 2006 - 08:09 PM

#93 User is offline   brataccas Icon

• New Cop

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:14 AM

Where can I download this game? blush.gif

#94 User is offline   Birthe Icon

• New Cop

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:22 AM

@bratacass: go to the fullyramblomatic homepage and well you should actually already see a download mirror then.

I gotta say I really liked episode 1 and 2 and I think that the guards always come back after you shot them makes sence somehow. I mean if there was a guy walking through a building, with a gun shooting people, it makes sence to guard it and to replace guards.

But actually I'm stuck at the end of episode 2, I just don't know how to kill that... thing.

#95 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:25 AM

Umm... try shooting at it. Am I the only one who didn't have a problem with that? And here I was thinking that I was a pacifist...

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#96 User is offline   brataccas Icon

• New Cop

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (Birthe @ Feb 16 2006, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@bratacass: go to the fullyramblomatic homepage and well you should actually already see a download mirror then.

can u post the link for said homepage please? I have forgotton it happy.gif

#97 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:36 AM

*sigh* ... why me... FullyRamblomatic.com

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#98 User is offline   brataccas Icon

• New Cop

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:36 PM

thx ^^

#99 User is offline   MageKing17 Icon

• New Cop
  • Location:Near enough to kill you in your sleep, far enough away not to fear retaliation.

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:29 PM

Yo. I've sort've been hanging around in the darkness that is the internet, but I've figured now's a good a time to register as any.

Anyway, the plot really seems to be the focus of episode 2 this time. Although it was much shorter than episode 1. Or is it just that now that I have the hang of the way the game works, I can beat it faster? Anyway, that boss gave me a load of trouble at first. I mean, I was having a hard enough time dodging the attacks of the first eye. Then the second one was what, twice as fast? I had to try several times before killing it.

Also, I noticed the symbolism of the double circles was a bit more heavy-handed this episode. May as well have taken two circle-shaped bricks and smashed them in our faces while you were at it, Yahtz.

Also, I've noticed a few glitches myself. Mostly to do with running or running jumps (like if you make a running jump into the food court, the "black out" effect doesn't trigger). The one that I thought was most important, however, was the one in the vents. Yes, if you stand at the edge and try to jump across, 1213 doesn't jump. However, there is a way up. It's a little counter-intuitive though. First, stand at the edge of the entryway. Then turn around and lower yourself down. Not all the way, though. Just dangle. Then climb up. 1213 will end up in midair. Then just turn around and jump across. It's a bit of an odd glitch, but at least it's reliable.

#100 User is offline   invalid Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:59 PM

the game is completely awesome!
I love you yahtzee biggrin.gif

but 2 things i didn't like:
1213 is too slow
The dialogue auto-skip when you read too slow

English isn't my main language, why do u have to make it auto-skip??

#101 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (invalid @ Feb 17 2006, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1213 is too slow

You did notice that you're now able to run, didn't you?

#102 User is offline   Birthe Icon

• New Cop

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:12 AM

Yeah I meant it mostly finishs me off before I can kill the second white hole thingy.

#103 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:17 PM

Yeah, the giant white balls did piss me off for a while. I'll be honest, the controls didn't help one bit, but hey, its doable. I find the best strategy is start on the left, hammer Tab until the left eye brings an electic charge, then fast as possible whip round and get down. Soon as the energy blast passes, get back up and repeat. Once the black thing starts coming down the side, swap sides and repeat. Keep going, practise will eventually make perfect, and indeed wake up everyone in your house as you beat your legs blue in frustration and scream like a banshee.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#104 User is offline   Spoon Icon

• New Cop

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:13 PM

...Exactly how many video game boss battles have you people actually finished in the past?

Go play Doukutsu Monogatari. That game will teach you to appreciate a difficult boss battle. (Especially if you attempt to get the secret ending.)

EDIT: Looking back at the wording of this post, I should probably clarify that I'm not saying DM's a better game than 1213 or anything. Just making a point of comparison as far a reletive boss difficulties go. Aheh.

This post has been edited by Spoon: 17 February 2006 - 05:42 PM

#105 User is offline   MageKing17 Icon

• New Cop
  • Location:Near enough to kill you in your sleep, far enough away not to fear retaliation.

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:05 AM

The problem isn't so much in lack of experience (I've beaten Cave Story myself), but rather the clumsy interface. 1213 is excellent, but you have to remember it's made with AGS, which is designed for adventure games. The major problem is with collision detection. You'll jump up onto a ledge, having avoided a blast, and when 1213 finishes climbing up, he'll suddenly do the damage animation and his heart will beat faster. You have to be at the point where you're dodging a full two or three seconds before the shot actually fires, just to be sure of not getting hit. Meaning you hit it once every five seconds or so. Not exactly a speedy way to take down the boss.

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size