• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1213 Chat, discuss, piss and moan about this newfangled game

#31 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 03 January 2006 - 09:09 PM

Aren't you told which door to open anyway by the text log?

I'd have to agree with FD on the speed, 1213 could really do with a run function to speed things up a bit. Plus you'd get the whole 'sprint into a room into a hungry zombie' moments.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#32 User is offline   Walexei Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 03 January 2006 - 09:59 PM

I think you do get told which door but that doesnt mean you dont wanna know whats in the others. I mean it makes you think, why are they there and openable if they have no purpouse?

#33 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 03:56 AM

They are obviously there to keep curious players busy. Plus, you never know whether a zombie or something else might jump out of them, so it adds a little to the atmosphere.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#34 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:15 AM

The game's full of open doors which do nothing, and at a wild guess with a game that only lets you carry 1 item at a time, good game design would suggest that you're not going to have to repeat the door puzzle again later.

Realistically if you wasted time opening all the doors to check it's your own fault for excessive curiosity, not the games designer.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#35 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:56 AM

Didn't I say that?

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#36 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:25 AM

Not quite, You said they're there purely for curiosity, I said in a round the houses kind of way that they're there to provide realistic wrong solutions to an easy puzzle, you don't have a big inventory or ammo concerns, thus there's no justification to open all of them.

Unless you're too stupid to read the log I guess.

If it was a deliberate attempt to make the game last longer, which is pretty unlikely, it would be an extremely poor example of width-padding.
IPB Image

#37 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:49 AM

Yeah, this was a reply to a previous page.

This post has been edited by floppydisk: 04 January 2006 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#38 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:50 AM

Well, I did say that. Just a little shorter. And not as obvious. I guess I failed on saying 'curious players' in a spiteful way... well, nevermind.

I can hardly wait for episode two to be released now.

#39 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:05 AM

I think the problem is that you missed the post that I was replying to;

QUOTE (walexei)
it was annoying that you had to keep running back and forth with those doors that you can only open one at a time Just to find out that only one door actually contains something anyway.

Bottom of the last page.

Nothing wrong with being curious, but there's a line between curiousity and stupidity, and you can't blame the designer if you walk over.
IPB Image

#40 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:09 AM

Ah. I see. So we both said the same after all. Perfect. I think I'll go now and make another animation including a turkey and an anvil.

#41 User is offline   Girdag Fireskull Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:15 AM

Stuck now....I've got the elevator key, and not sure what I'm meant to do now. Kinda confused.

#42 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:16 AM

Well, well, well... where could you possibly apply a key for an elevator? Hmm...

#43 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:41 AM

To be fair, there are lots of elevator like things....

GF: it's the big one back at the start that you're looking for.
IPB Image

#44 User is offline   Girdag Fireskull Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 04 January 2006 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Jan 4 2006, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be fair, there are lots of elevator like things....

GF: it's the big one back at the start that you're looking for.

Thanks, I couldn't remember where the elevator was, and couldn't be arsed to wander around the entire game looking for it, especially since everything looked like an elevator.

#45 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:07 PM

Yeah, that was bugging me until I guessed that what I was looking for wasn't in the second area since there were no more zombies.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size