• +
  • Last »

Legend of the Green Knight

#31 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:43 AM

I have checked his main page... That is why I am asking about nuns.
Anyway, of course I understand the dial up situation, but I hope some updates will be coming soon...

#32 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:22 PM

No, no, no. It's the bleedin' fonts that are the problem. The laptop's stuck in pirate mode and won't change back. pirate.gif
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#33 User is offline   Marky Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Chuckster, punkrock, beer, birds.

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Dec 28 2005, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, no, no. It's the bleedin' fonts that are the problem. The laptop's stuck in pirate mode and won't change back. pirate.gif

I'd love my laptop to be in pirate mode...

#34 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 07 January 2006 - 07:02 PM

Well trust me, it's nowhere near as fun as it sounds. Especially when you've had a bit to drink.

Enough rambling, on with the show;

I should be back on track in future, now that the holiday drinking obligations are behind me.

EDIT:- Additional reasons for the delay are the fact that I forgot the airship was burning, deleted the backgrounds for frames 1 and 6 (backups supplied), and had to resize supes iron chin (and wondering wether I should give him back his hair), and adjust the scaling on LTTS's busom.)

This post has been edited by Laughlyn: 07 January 2006 - 07:05 PM

IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#35 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Jan 7 2006, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EDIT:- Additional reasons for the delay are the fact that I forgot the airship was burning, deleted the backgrounds for frames 1 and 6 (backups supplied), and had to resize supes iron chin (and wondering wether I should give him back his hair), and adjust the scaling on LTTS's busom.)

Bigger or smaller? tongue.gif

What do the numbers on the bottom of the comics mean?
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#36 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:40 PM

From left to right;

Whilst at the computer and working on LGK;

Number of 35ml measures of rum consumed. When rum isn't an option; vodka, Whiskey, Tequila, and Mouthwash may be substitued. Divide by 2 for a rough total of cans of that cursed caffine drink I consume on a regular basis.

Number of times I've broken my promise about not smoking, and sparked up.

Number of somewhat illegal herbal cigarettes consumed.
IPB Image

#37 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:34 AM

Are you serious with those numbers? That's quite some expensive habits you have there.

The 'tractor beam' made me laugh. Not subtle at all.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#38 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:17 AM

Wow! I eagerly the next comic!
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#39 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:55 AM

Laughlyn.
This is super (Supes)
Sorry I can't muster more appreciation at this moment, but I am in a minor crisis right now (bad time for my Generalised Anxiety Disorder)

#40 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:48 PM

Nothing too serious I hope. smile.gif

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Jan 8 2006, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you serious with those numbers? That's quite some expensive habits you have there.

It's not like it's per page. Look at it this way; that standard way I wind down after work is to come home, pour myself a redrum (that's: 35ml White or Dark rum, 35ml Morgans, 125ml of Redbull cocktail fans.), skin up, and then work on comics for a bit. It's not really that much when you space it out over a week.

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Jan 8 2006, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 'tractor beam' made me laugh. Not subtle at all.

Delightfully barendesque isn't it? biggrin.gif
IPB Image

#41 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:35 PM

Wonderful installment, though LTTS looks a bit like Ms. Corvax or the redhead from your comics (Maria?) tongue.gif. Delightful style and very fitting for barend, indeed.

This is total deja-vu, but don't get yourself killed from addictions, Laughlyn; at least not before you finish this comic.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#42 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:52 PM

Afterwards... well, that's up to you.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#43 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:28 PM

Stop talking like I'm injecting the stuff! Just consider how many units you consume on a night out (assuming you're old\rebelious enough).

As for the similarity, it comes partly from using blanks as templates: My cheap-ass way of producing character frames without a pose-doll and speeding things up. As it goes female wise Janey uses Maria, MC uses Becky, and Emu uses Holly. The personalities fit. LTTS actually uses a mix of maria and Christina (slag) frames.

Original designs are harder to come by due to the time taken to finalise the artwork, hence the reason that Supes bears some resemblance to the stoner guy from antigamer.

The other part is due to the cutdown artwork. I keep things simple to avoid the pub drawn classic character errors, and to speed the overall process up a bit. Same as my main comic, only with such a large cast it's more evident.

LTTS's hair did grow a lot longer during the resize, something that I kept meaning to correct bit forgot about. Hence; brunette Maria.

Other stuff: Sime is based on Hiro (Pronouched He-Ro) from ROTB, my final year GameTech dating game project and Moonstone, Slade is based on random in jokes, self characterisation, and random personal business, and Vincent (see main page\avatar) is an on running character from mulitple unfinished projects, including the pirates of the nightlife, and the airship pilot from the RPGmaker version of KOTLO.

Once I'm done or halfway I'm sorta thinking of uploading a few art\blank\filtering tutorials if anyones interested.

This post has been edited by Laughlyn: 08 January 2006 - 09:30 PM

IPB Image

#44 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:02 AM

:-D I get to be in it! wub.gif

And it's cool to hear what an artist goes through. Keep up the good work!
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#45 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 09 January 2006 - 05:21 AM

I haven't played Moonstone since we sold the Amiga in 1997. That game was brilliant. Though I remember you borrowing the by-line for the poster before.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size