Chefelf.com Night Life: KIng Kong - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +

KIng Kong

#31 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 22 December 2005 - 02:37 AM

Mmmm....
see Kong first!
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#32 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 22 December 2005 - 03:39 AM

I've yet to see LWW, but given that I'm home with the folks, its only a matter of time.

And not having seen either the '33 or '76 versions, I can't really compare to either of them really. So for want of a detailed analysis, let me praise it by saying HOLY SHIT HE BEATS THE CRAP OUT OF THREE DINOSAURS AT THE SAME TIME!

What I'm saying is that the fight scenes, they were good.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#33 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Dec 22 2005, 04:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So for want of a detailed analysis, let me praise it by saying HOLY SHIT HE BEATS THE CRAP OUT OF THREE DINOSAURS AT THE SAME TIME!

(*giggling*)

Yeah...that kicked ass.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#34 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:54 PM

IM getting the jurrassic park trilogy for christmas and it comes with a free ticket to see king kong. so ill be excited to see it.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#35 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:30 PM

I really liked the movie, it's so exciting, the history of KONG, making a classic movie of 90 minutes to another classic of 180 minutes it's so incredible, but well thank by King Kong, Peter Jackson began his career, now Peter Jackson is paying this honorable movie to Kong.

#36 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:23 PM

I haven't seen the movie yet, but the game is pretty good.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#37 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Dec 28 2005, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't seen the movie yet, but the game is pretty good.

I agree, the game is wonderful. I loved it, tough it's short.

#38 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:03 PM

I finally saw king kong!!! and i have to say i loved it. the ending was so sad. it was actually sad.Here is a list of pros and cons i felt about the movie.

PROS
-great acting for one. i thought jack black added a nice touch to it. the guy from the pianist was terrific. naomi watts is gorgeous and acted wonderfully considering she was opposite a CGI ape.
-good story. they didnt goof it up, or make it silly like some remakes can be. you know, when they try to modernize it.i liked how all the characters fit together.
-great effects. the cgi wasnt overdone at all and all of the dinosaurs looked real and impressive. king kong was the best and you really got a human feel from him.
CONS
-i hated the brachiasaurus chase scene. the whole thing to me seemed impossible. the way the people were running reminded me of the cheesy chase in THE BIRDS where the birds were chasing the children. the stunts were impossible and it all looked fake. the predators looked absolutely stupid and i really didnt find them menacing at all.
-i halfway dont want to mention this but i have to. im torn between loving the christmas tree scene and hating it. it was unbearingly cheesy but at the same time a great quiet moment.

Overall this movie was incredible, good action, and a touching story. I really liked how sad it was. THe ending left me feeling very empty which is very hard to pull off with a giant monkey. king kong looked great and was believable. One of my favorite scenes is when he first takes anne and jack black is looking at him and king kong gives him this this powerful really pissed off and angry look like "dont even think about it" i loved it.

#39 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:42 AM

Jackson's Kong is a must see. No matter what you come out of the film thinking about it you must at least do yourself the justice of being able to form an opinion of this film. I thinks it's that good that people should experience it just so that can at least decide.

The only real issue I found I had with the film was the brachiasaurs chase it was just a little too long for my liking, but that's really a minor thing.

Jackson has set himself up as one of the modern day storytellers and this film is further justification. It is very powerful while being entertaining at the same time. Apart from the above mentioned chase I didn't feel anything additional was a waste and really only added to the overall film. I also liked the treatment of some of the classic sequences - the log roll was done brilliantly (this is the scene fetured in all three versions now where Kong rolls most of the search party off a log bridge if you're not familar).

Anyway, if you haven't seen this yet go and see it and if you have a list put it at the top.
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#40 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:28 AM

So you all liked it?

I must say, I just don't feel any burning desire to see this film. Maybe because I stopped liking PJ after ROTS. I might get it when it comes out on video. SOrry.

#41 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:12 PM

I'm going to see it this afternoon unless something comes up. Tell me, is there a good scene to skip as to take a bathroom break? I saw the Kong wrestles dinosaurs, girl in hand scene on some talk show.

#42 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:08 PM

If you have to try to skip at the beginning, or the brachiasaurus scene is fairly acceptable to skip. Madam Corvax, did you mean REturn of the King?(RotK)?

#43 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2006 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Jan 2 2006, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you all liked it?

I must say, I just don't feel any burning desire to see this film. Maybe because I stopped liking PJ after ROTS. I might get it when it comes out on video. SOrry.

Oh come on don't be like that wink.gif If it's only one film you didn't like don't let that stop you from seeing something new. It really is worth the viewing. Most of us, with the exception of Civ#2 I belive sat through all three Star Wars movies despite hating the first. Seeing Kong will either renew your faith or help solidify your opinion. As per my post, do yourself a favour and develop the opinion.

I also think the film is worth taking the time to see on the big screen. It's one of those films that I don't think will lose anything from being on the small screen, but the experience of movie theatre sound etc certainly does create atmosphere.

And Despondent I agree with Revan-47 one one part. You'll probably have time for a break during the Brachiasaur chase scene and it's probably just shy of half way through the film. I personally enjoyed the beginning of the film so wouldn't advise missing it. There's nothing flash in it other than development, but I like some development smile.gif
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#44 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:21 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I did see it the other night, and sat through the whole thing without interruption. Which was a mistake because I really needed a break.

I enjoyed the set up at the beginning. If only the other lengthy scenes were as interesting. Visually compelling, perhaps (I liked the sunset). But once the threat of being trampled by a dinosaur is removed, what's the point? And it took a while, but the third time someone fell from great height to certain death, and the height was actually ten feet, I was waiting for it. I laughed a lot at the film. Certainly more than the entire PT trilogy.

Not as good as LOTR. Better than rots, for sure. Not seen Narnia yet.

#45 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:47 PM

im still confused, madam corvax, did you say you didnt like return of the king. thats ok i just want to hear your reasoning.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size