• +

ROTS Director's comments On the DVD

#16 User is offline   Gerhard Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (KurganX @ Dec 8 2005, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah, and technically even 1977 Star Wars had CGI... remember the "mission briefing" and the Death Star plans? Ha! wink.gif Vector graphics rock!
As for not using CG, I'm a little surprised. I figured they'd at least use the face-pasting technology to make it look like Harrison Ford and Sean Connery were doing stunts like the good old days when they were young, but then I haven't been following the new movie, perhaps they won't retain any of the old actors...

No need for face pasting, In the old days, in a movie like the Indiana Jones ones, they could not afford to get Harrison Ford hurt, so they used stunts almost everywhere, except for the close up shots, did anyone noticie the stunts? No CGI is needed to make a good movie!

#17 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:59 PM

Bladerunner still shits over everysci fi movie ever made... no CGI there...

ILM may have starteda whole bunch of shit but they just stumbled onto an inevitability. kudos still should go to them but look at matrix 1. so many movies were rushed to be made just to use its techniques... and when the boys came back to make more... THEY couldn't get it right.
the same thing has happened with ILM.

the abyss, T2, LOTR, Dark City all shit over the PT in FX (and story).
Why?
because they use FX to do the impossible parts of a story not its foundations. (T2 could be argued, but a good result)

Lucas has been wastefull and reckless and in too much of a rush.
in Australia, in fact in NSW (the same state as Fox studios) there is a desert that looks identical to Geonosis... did they go there? No.
chewbacca and the other muppets all looked better when they were physical. but no Lucass has to green screen it all...

captain post-production is worthy of little respect on the CGI front i'm affraid.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size