• (3 Pages)
  • +

The Future of Star Wars is there one?

#16 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:46 PM

"[...]Actually you'd have to be over 114 years old! (and a time traveler, since you only had 28 years to watch them so far! 22 years to see the whole trilogy) [...]"

I'm pretty sure he was exaggerating anyway
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#17 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (jariten @ Dec 2 2005, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive still got the originals on VHS, so I could feasibly show them at some point. I'm sure they'd get a kick out of VHS in all its whirring glory. When I was a kid, we had a 'tracking' button on our VCR to fix the image on the video when it went funny. Shit, i'm old.

I've had to deal with the tracking button as well. I prefer hitting as my formost technique in my vast arsenal though.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#18 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:52 PM

I finally got my copies of the Laserdisc DVD's, and I couldn't be happier! They sound sooo good! Without coercion, my six-year-old daughter picked out a movie tonite, and she picked ESB (the Laserdisc DVD)!!! I was so pleased!! We sat right down and watched it! She absolutely loved it! Artoo is her favorite characters, and for once in a long time I really felt the thrill and nostalgia of watching ESB for the first time. I can remember back to when we went to the drive-in theater to watch it.

Ah, sweet memories then, and sweet memories now. smile.gif
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#19 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 20 December 2005 - 11:02 PM

Cowboy Curtis, that is fabulous news. How promising. smile.gif

I'm wondering about the future of criticising SW in general. Loving the originals is a no-brainer, and Chefelf's lists brought out the inner good of not having to accept the pablum GL now calls SW. Rather, it was fun to celebrate the stupidity to a certain extent. Not that Lucas would hear and heed deserved harsh criticism. Now that there's nowhere to go, there's nothing new and there's certainly no hope.

Kind of like at the end of the season. It's hard to root for a team that won't play again.
Damned if I'd ever change teams, however.

#20 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 22 December 2005 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (KurganX @ Dec 1 2005, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hard as it may be to believe, the Special Edition was only with us for barely 8 years. The newest editions for only 1. Yes, the kids these days may never have seen the originals if they're only 14.

That's true! I have never seen the OOT! Shame on me! crying.gif

Anyways, I know a cousin that owns the OOT. I'll soon watch it on Christmas or something.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#21 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:09 PM

That's true! I have never seen the OOT! Shame on me!

Here's a spoiler: Han Solo shot first. tongue.gif

#22 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (diligent_d @ Dec 22 2005, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a spoiler: Han Solo shot first. tongue.gif

THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!! yell.gif
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#23 User is offline   Cobnat Icon

• Viva Phillippena Radio!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Body Disposal.

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE (StarWarsIsUs @ Nov 30 2005, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apart from plans to make a couple of animated series alongside the Star Wars: Clone Wars, Lucas doesn't plan to make anymore movies. (which is probably a good thing)

What do you guys believe is the future of Star Wars? Will it be forgotten about by the time this generation gets old?

Does Lucas have any basterd sons? If so, we must destroy the evil before it spreads.

#24 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:24 AM

I got an email letting me know that ALL FOUR of the lucas clan who are in return of shit are available in a four figure set from hasbro. I don't know if all qualify as "action" figures.

#25 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:06 PM

"Return Of Shit". biggrin.gif

#26 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:20 PM

Im fifteen and when i was eight or nine or six, my father taped the holiday showing of the OOT and ive been able to watch the real thing for a long time until they came out with the special edition, but i never bought the special edition so all i knew was the old ones. but i bought the dvds sadly.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#27 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2005 - 02:06 PM

Or Maybe there's going to be different in thirty years, the PT will be the OT, but very, very bad. And there going to be the Chapter VII to IV, the bronze editions, because if you see the PT trilogy, the Star Wars letters are golden, in OT are Silver. And the movie is going to be about... I think a boy named...Anakin Solo and he had one brother and one sister. Or it's maybe another stupid Expanded Universe of Lucas.

#28 User is offline   Smashman Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 30 December 2005 - 12:22 AM

I hope that the OOT (A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi) lives onward, and THAT'S IT. Oh, and some of the best EU material as well.

#29 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 30 December 2005 - 01:49 AM

Good. But of course, in the OOOT the first movie is called Star Wars and there is no Episode number. wink.gif

#30 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2005 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Dec 29 2005, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got an email letting me know that ALL FOUR of the lucas clan who are in return of shit are available in a four figure set from hasbro.

I hope you did order themonce, out of love to that fatugly daughter if him, who apparently inherited the no-neck characteristic feature of GL sick.gif Jayzuz, what an ego this guy has.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size