• (2 Pages)
  • +

Pirates Online The Disney MMORPG

#1 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:35 PM

Just wondering if anyone else has taken a look at this new MMORPG Disney has put up? I saw a commercial and decided to check it out - basically you are a pirate in the PotC world, I'm guessing between the first and second movie or something... It doesn't seem like the events of the second two movies have taken place yet, but then again, you do interact with some characters that don't come about till the second movie, so I'm not sure. Anyway, you can do the main quests for Cap'n Jack or you can just do whatever, interacting with other players, going on side quests, playing poker or blackjack, or just getting lots of loot so as to bling out your character with more clothes, tattoos, jewelry, bigger ships, etc. It's free to download and play, but you can pay $9.95 (USD) per month ($4.95 for the first month only) to get the upgraded features (which really aren't necessary, but fun additions). The game is also not completely done; in fact Disney has said they plan to continually update and add new features so I guess it will never really be done.

So I am playing it a little here and there, I like joining together with other players to take down big EITC or Navy ships for gold... But while it can be fun in a cute sort of way, it doesn't hold my interest for more than maybe a half hour to an hour per session (which in my case is actually a good thing - getting addicted to an MMORPG is never a good thing). So I was wondering if anyone else has checked it out and what they thought of it, and also if anyone else plays I thought it would be cool to join up or whatever.

If anyone else has an account, I'm Alainna Callan. Look me up. I'll probably get bored of the game by the time my one-month Upgrade runs out though tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Spoon Poetic: 29 February 2008 - 11:36 PM

I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#2 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 01 March 2008 - 05:15 AM

We're lazy, google no likey, link more likey.

http://apps.pirates....info/about.html

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 01 March 2008 - 05:21 AM

#3 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:52 PM

Is it possible to find other people by their names only? Or do you have to meet them personally and sign six contracts before you can talk to them?

#4 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:06 PM

I don't know if you can search by name, but it's pretty easy to just meet up in Tortuga or Port Royal and then you just click "add friend" on their name, and from then on you can see whether they're online or off, and warp directly to that person or talk directly to that person, no matter where they are or what they're doing (assuming they are online).

This post has been edited by Spoon Poetic: 01 March 2008 - 03:37 PM

I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#5 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2008 - 05:54 PM

Aye, but as you said, you're only online about 30 minutes every day and you also live on the other side of the world, meaning that there's not much chance in anyone actually running into you. I don't know why they couldn't just make it so that you can add anyone to your friends list if you know their names.

Apart from that, the game is kinda fun for now.

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 01 March 2008 - 05:55 PM

#6 User is offline   Casual Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:That place thats close to the thing you know the one

Posted 01 March 2008 - 05:55 PM

Sounds interesting what exactly do you do in this game? pirate.gif
QUOTE (arien @ Jun 29 2008, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this baby, while still inside its mother, murdered his twin brother and STOLE HIS PENIS.

That is one badass baby.

#7 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:07 PM

Well, it would be nice to add friends by name, but I don't think they have it yet. I think I saw somewhere that you'll be able to eventually. Or maybe you can do it and I just haven't figured it out yet. Gimme your Pirate name and I'll keep an eye out for ya.

And as far as what exactly you do in the game, Casual, well, you do piratey things. Plunder, loot, play parlor games, dance jigs, sail ships, fire cannons, dig up treasure, kill things, etc. Just read the synopsis David-Kyo posted a link to.

This post has been edited by Spoon Poetic: 01 March 2008 - 06:07 PM

#8 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:12 PM

I named myself Articulate Jim, but I'm still waiting for approval for it (bawww can't call my pirate Batshit Jeffrey). But there are many servers, which one are you usually on?

#9 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:32 PM

It took me about 8 tries before they approved my name, and my names weren't offensive at all. Just different character names I've used in other games. I have no idea what their rules are for names you request but don't expect them to be happy with your first few picks...

I'm on Tortos or something right now but I usually just go on random. I'll try to stick with that one though just for consistency.

#10 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:20 AM

I applied for the name Young Jam. I wasn't exactly looking for an MMORPG in my life but maybe I'll play when I'm bored.

#11 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:30 AM

Well, they allowed Articulate Jim, but the possibilities of a skint basic user are really severely limited. Oh, and most other people are twats.

#12 User is offline   Casual Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:48 AM

Bah I tired it but it repeatedly crashes and has server failures, either the games completely unreliable or my computer takes issue with it either way I don’t think I'll be playing this.

So this baby, while still inside its mother, murdered his twin brother and STOLE HIS PENIS.

That is one badass baby.

#13 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:10 AM

Nyeh, me neither, this game is exasperating and full of bugs. It started out promisingly, but it took a wrong turn and went on.

#14 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:34 AM

Really? I haven't had any problems. Only one time that the server wasn't available for maybe an hour and it turns out they were updating and adding new features.

I don't usually do MMORPGs either but this one doesn't bother me since you can play with other players without actually having to ever talk to them, ever. Ha! Though like I said, I will probably be bored of it before a month is up, and I can't stand to play it for too long at a time. I think it has potential; maybe as Disney continues to develop it and it's not so much in the beginning stages (I think it was only released in like, December) it will be better.

#15 User is offline   Casual Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:41 PM

That’s more or less what I thought this thing feels like it’s a beta version as its bug ridden and a bit clunky. Who knows it may get better but I'm not a very Disney person it tends to set off my cynicism tongue.gif.

Does anyone here play guild wars?

That is one badass baby.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size