• +

FAV> PArt epidsode 2 II

#1 User is offline   Jon Gutner Icon

• The Dairy Man
  • PipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 February 2004 - 11:09 PM

[B][I][U][FONT=Times][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]
my fav wasr wen anakin gives her a dark l00k and (s))he said it makes her feel unconfrobal.
BLAHMBABAGO!!!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

#2 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 February 2004 - 11:15 PM

My favorite part was when they kissed and the music got all romantic. Then she pushed away and the music came to a dead stop. I literally laughed out loud in the theare. It seemed like it was done for an intentional laugh. I doubt it was intentional seeing that the other attempts at humor (i.e. "I'm sorry master, I couldn't find one that was the right color, blah, blah.") fall pretty flat.

Either way, it was hilarious.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#3 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 26 February 2004 - 11:19 PM

the masturbation scene is the best!!!

#4 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 26 February 2004 - 11:52 PM

(in addition to the above, and that crappy Chris Lee lightsaber line) I liked it when Senator Jar Jar gave um fool power.

#5 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 27 February 2004 - 06:44 AM

This doesn't have anything to do with the topic, but what Chef said just made me think. The one thing that really annoys me about the prequels is that John Williams' scores have been overlooked because of the quality (or lack thereof) of the movies. He has written 2 fabulous scores. Think of how they should have turned out. An innocent but tragic theme for young Anakin, used for a little pussy shit. A grand fight theme that's used for characters we don't give a crap about in a battle that uses ballet and no emotion. A great scoring of the podrace, but it didn't matter, cause it was the podrace, and no one gave a crap anyway. A tragic and solemn funeral theme for a Jedi, who we didn't really care about (though at least he showed more emotion than the other robots), and who was an unnecessary character anyway. You get the idea, and the same goes for Episode II. He writes this beautiful love theme, thinking, of course, that some grandness should be added since it's Star Wars and that the characters will be worthy of it. Well, they weren't. They were little teenage crybabies who didn't know what the hell they were doing. That isn't worthy of the theme he wrote. He would have been better off recycling the Ewok theme. It's not like it could have made the love scenes any more embarassing, and it would have shown the characters' natures perfectly.

#6 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2004 - 01:18 PM

My favorite part is when the movie ended. That's when I could finally leave the movie theater in disgust as I wonder how the heck is George Lucas going to come up with a decent finale.

#7 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 28 February 2004 - 08:12 PM

Alright. technically my favorite part was the opening moment. You know, when the star wars logo appears before the lame exposition... up until that moment I had hopes for the film and didn't presume I'd waited 3 years to get suckered into a bend me over; only to look forward to waiting 3 more years and pay to get bf'd again.

#8 User is offline   Wanderer Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:46 PM

My favorite part was when c3po got his head mixed up with the battle droid. it was really funny the way he said."oh this is such a drag" and "im quite beside myself" i wish he had more comedy scenes in RotS.

#9 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:00 PM

I like the way inept writing and direction merged to make the line Padme says to Anakin before the arena duel to the effect of :"Since I met you, I've been dying a little bit with each passing day...." Normally, if someone said that you would be correct in perceiving that as the insult that it really is. Imagine Richard Pryor saying that at the height of his stand-up routine, "White Honky bitch, ever since I met you, its been like dying slowly bit by bit each day!!" It was the culmination of a non-courtship where Anakin displayed more effeminate characteristics than Padme, with the potato creature rides on Naboo and using the Force to play cutesy feeding games reminiscent of Wedding Cake mishaps you see on America's Funniest Home Videos (you know the ones, where the bride and groom take turns feeding their new spouse a bit of cake and one decided to be a sadistic bastard by smearing the cake on the other's face, leading to the first indication where the marriage will fail). It got a huge laugh when I saw ATOC in the theatre on 42nd street in the new Times Square in NYC, and I don't think Lucas intended it to be so, nor could I fault Natalie Portman's delivery.

This post has been edited by Darth Player: 22 January 2006 - 04:01 PM

#10 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (Vwing @ Feb 27 2004, 06:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
one thing that really annoys me about the prequels is that John Williams' scores have been overlooked because of the quality (or lack thereof) of the movies.

I really like the PT music. I think that the music is probably the only good thing that came out of the movies. Elan Sleezbagano was pretty cool too.

#11 User is offline   Gerhard Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Jan 23 2006, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really like the PT music. I think that the music is probably the only good thing that came out of the movies. Elan Sleezbagano was pretty cool too.

Yes, John Williams did not let us down as Lucas did.
I Still find Darth Maul cool, but was very underused by Lucas.

other than that... I can't think of anything... maybe some CGI shots, but we get good CGI in all summer blockbusters anyway

#12 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Jan 23 2006, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I always like Darth Maul and I was PISSED when when he went out like a bitch. That may have been the most dissapointing moment for me in the entire PT, because it was such a good fight, ya know.

crying.gif

#13 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:07 PM

yes but just think. obi wan killed him. thats not so dissapointing is it?
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#14 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (Revan-47 @ Jan 25 2006, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes but just think. obi wan killed him. thats not so dissapointing is it?

It was just completely unrealistic... and cheezy - for godsake! He just stood there and watched him do it! Never would have happend. Absolutely rediculous.

#15 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Jan 26 2006, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was just completely unrealistic... and cheezy - for godsake! He just stood there and watched him do it! Never would have happend. Absolutely rediculous.

Somebody provided an explanation for this. Basically Maul didn't move because as Obi-Wan jumped out of the pit he thought of approximately 100 different ways he could have killed Kenobi, and just couldn't make up his mind.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size