Chefelf.com Night Life: Episode I Revisited - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Episode I Revisited Watching The Phantom Menace after seeing Revenge of the Sith

#31 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:12 AM

But he'd still only be ten years old. I don't know the EU very well, but I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to meet Chewie until he's an adult - and even if he he did, there's no way you could tie in any of their adventures to the story of Anakin, Palpatine and the Republic. It makes sense to include Owen and Beru because we know that they knew Anakin as a young man, but the chance of Han having even met any of the other OT characters by RotS is fantastically small. It doesn't make any sense to include him, even from 'a certain point of view'.

If Lucas wanted to portray Han's childhood, he could easily do it in a TV series or cartoon or whatever. Not that I really see the need for it anyway - seriously, how exciting is a ten-year-old's life likely to be? Lucas already screwed up by showing Anakin as a nine-year-old; I'd prefer not see him screw up Han as well.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#32 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 30 September 2006 - 03:26 PM

oh,...(sigh)....all right,..if you say so mellow.gif
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#33 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:46 AM

Pity Beru and Owen were wasted. Instead we got "Jar Jar" and Grievous and Jango Fett and a dozen other throw away characters. I'm not saying the Prequels HAD to be a "where were they all then" montage, but c'mon.

We WANTED to know why Owen and Ben were so bitter against one another, and how the relationship between Anakin and Ben went sour. Instead we got a lot of filler and barely any attention paid to that, and what we did get was largely unsatisfying. Oops, all of a sudden things are crap now.

The best handled "backstory" was Palpatine's rise to power. The Prequel Trilogy was more about that than it was about Anakin's fall to the Dark Side. "Tragedy of Darth Vader" my ass!

#34 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:27 AM

Yeah! You tell 'em! angry.gif

#35 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:34 AM

The NOOOOOoooo was tragic.
And we saw Artoo's rise. I wouldn't have minded some threepio tragedy other than memory loss.

Actually, C3po going down in Lava and coming back as Vader, that woulda been so cool. Think about it. Every decade or so Lucas releases the OT, with a different character getting to be Vader in the end! Hayden can still be the force ghost, I guess.. Until we see the latest PT, with another character going through the same lame political trade disputes process so we can see how THEY ended up in the suit.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size