Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

StarWoids: Anybody seen it?

#1 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:59 AM

Some documentary filmmaker released a DVD on Nov. 1st (cash in, cha-ching!) called "StarWoids" about (among other things) the experiences of the fans who waited in line 42 days to see Episode I.

Anybody see it? Plan to?

Highlights? wink.gif

This post has been edited by KurganX: 17 November 2005 - 02:59 AM

#2 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:16 PM

I either saw that or something EXTREMELY similar. It was an hour long special on TV (TechTV days?) that chronicled the events leading up to the Episode I release. It was either that, something like that, or another look at the same group. It was definitely the "42 days" thing.

It was pretty interesting. Made me remember the weird blissful anticipation that led up to Episode I for me before I saw it.

After reading this post I just watched my Episode I DVD this afternoon. Probably only the fifth or sixth time I've ever seen the movie. It's interesting to see it in the context of having seen all the other films now.

Further investigation proves that I apparently have seen the exact same thing:

http://www.g4tv.com/.../Starwoids.html

An episode of Nerd Nation on the once great TechTV, I think before it became the uberlame G4TechTV.

It was really interesting... if you're into that sort of thing. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Chefelf: 18 November 2005 - 07:43 PM

See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#3 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:29 PM

Umm, did you say that thrice on purpose, to prove some sort of point that I completely missed?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#4 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:14 AM

I’m still getting over the Australian girl who camped out at some cinema in the US for like 7 weeks to see ep3 on it's midnight release, spending thousands of dollars to get there and stay out on the street (no doubt smelling like a bum), all so she could be amongst the 'first' to see it...

15 hours earlier however I, on the other side of the world in the country she is from, shrug my shoulders and ask my friend if he wants go check it out for the hell of it and we mosey on down about 40 minutes before it starts to the best cinema in Australia, grab a beer and sit down at the top of the stairs a mere 30 people from the front of the line while those who knew not of the back entrance, pile in behind my beer and i (and my friends and waltz in and watch the crap.

a great day in calm intelligence defeating extravagant idiocy.

#5 User is offline   Stray nerf Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 November 2005 - 01:30 AM

Seen it. Pretty tame compared to "Trekkies" which is a frightening look at some fanboys(and girls)
who lost touch with reality long ago.

#6 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Nov 17 2005, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm, did you say that thrice on purpose, to prove some sort of point that I completely missed?

No I didn't. Fixed now.

QUOTE (barend @ Nov 18 2005, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a great day in calm intelligence defeating extravagant idiocy.

Yeah... I can't conceive of these people waiting in line for movies in this day an age. Is there ever any threat of not seeing a movie? I went to Ep1 and Ep2 at the midnight release and they were being played on 12 screens for 24 hours straight. I got right in both times.

For ROTS I didn't really care and I went to a 10:00AM showing before work. Again, no threat of missing the film.

Does anyone actually ever miss a film?
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#7 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:52 PM

Yes people do. If they're late for it. And then they get in the next showing.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#8 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:14 PM

sometimes i miss films because i don't get around to it... and that can be a shame...

but if it's something you know you have to see on a big screen if at all, then missing the first session wont be a big deal.

oooh... someone saw it before you. what will that encore? some geek possibly saying "What kind of fan are you...? you waited for the scond veiwing... hmmm.?" in his nasal terminal virgin voice...

to which you only have to say, "I'm not... I'm a bully!" and push him into traffic.

i just went because midnight screanings are fun, and here there is beer, and i have friends who get so excited about anyold piece of crap that even DOOM was a fun experieince just because they were there.

AVP also, but that's because we kicked out a bunch of noisy teenagers by force. happy days...smile.gif

#9 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Nov 21 2005, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oooh... someone saw it before you. what will that encore? some geek possibly saying "What kind of fan are you...? you waited for the scond veiwing... hmmm.?" in his nasal terminal virgin voice...

Could you PLEASE tell me what you meant there?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#10 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:53 PM

"incur"

hmmm, not sure what daffodil there.

i must have been thinking of the movie chanel on cable...
(obviously called 'Encore' allthough it's now changed to Showtime greats, but you didn't really need all that.)

#11 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (Stray nerf @ Nov 18 2005, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seen it. Pretty tame compared to "Trekkies" which is a frightening look at some fanboys(and girls)
who lost touch with reality long ago.

I'm really sheltered, not having seen this either (they made a sequel didn't they)?

About the closest I've gotten to see the kind of mayhem was the Triumph the Insulting Dog skit they did to the people waiting in line for Episode II (?) on Conan O'Brien years back...

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size