Chefelf.com Night Life: Gen. Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars... - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Gen. Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars...

#46 User is offline   The Lord of Dorkness Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:11 AM

[Qoute] Does anyone here actually know how politics work in a democracy?!? [/Qoute]

Actually, that depends entirely on the democracy. The USA-ians do not have the same rules and customs conserning democracy as Norwegians, and I'll bet it's like that for other nations as well.
[Qoute] it's not me using a double standard, it's you using a half-standard.
(that should be in someone's signature) [/Qoute]
As you command, Lord Barend.

#47 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Jejef Thgaron @ Feb 24 2006, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why do you people hate Star Wars so much?

I don’t think people hate star wars, I think they hate the PT.

#48 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (The Lord of Dorkness @ Mar 5 2006, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[Qoute] Does anyone here actually know how politics work in a democracy?!? [/Qoute]

Actually, that depends entirely on the democracy. The USA-ians do not have the same rules and customs conserning democracy as Norwegians, and I'll bet it's like that for other nations as well.

I quite agree. For example, Iraq has been given a different form of democracy than the U.S., in which all of the rules and customs are similiar, but there are noticable differences. I'm not up to date on how the Norwegian government works, but I'm sure there are differences between democracies, starting with rules and customs. That being said, a democracy is usually run by a Senate, or similiar group of representatives who take the concerns of the people of that nation, and discuss them. They decide what is best for the benefit of the nation and pass on their votes, or ideas to a leader, be it a president, or prime minister, or in the world of SW: A Chancellor.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size