Chefelf.com Night Life: Happy Birthday civilian_number_two! - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Happy Birthday civilian_number_two!

#16 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 17 November 2005 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Nov 16 2005, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mike,
As far as I know, this is your third birthday in this forum. I don't see you around here as often as I would like to these days, but I am happy that you are still around.
Lots of love from me - and have a great birthday, with lots and lots of candlelit dinners and bitching about Lucas.

I love you as ever wub.gif
M.

Thanks sweets. This is my second birthday with you heading off the birthday wishes topic. So to all those skeptics out there ... looks like we made it. wub.gif

Not a lot of candlelight in my life these days, and bitching about Lucas has gotten old, but fortunately there's still plenty of dinner.

By the way, babe: that avatar of yours is damned foxy. Giddyup!
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#17 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Nov 17 2005, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not a lot of candlelight in my life these days, and bitching about Lucas has gotten old, but fortunately there's still plenty of dinner.

I recommend the BBC show Spaced. It doesn't have a LOT of bitching about Lucas but it'll brighten up your days. smile.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#18 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Nov 17 2005, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the way, babe: that avatar of yours is damned foxy. Giddyup!

Glad you like it. Laughlyn's creation, inspired by several photos of mine from the photo album. For the larger version, click and scroll to the bottom of the page:

http://www.antigamer...er=asc&start=75

#19 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 19 November 2005 - 02:24 AM

Ooh nice call for the top of the page, I would appreciated plainly getting called called an absolute dumbshit instead. It is quite obvious I had misunderstood things and had failed miserably. Still, I am the kind of old fashioned person who likes getting told things to their face. Real Smooth. Don't apologize for it by the way. I don't want an apology, just tell me plainly next time something like that occurs. I rather be set straight than make things miserable for other people. I think I'll just lay off the forums for a couple of days instead of lashing out irrationally and making a complete ass of myself.

Civ, I am very sorry for putting this here. I just need some time to get over myself.

edit: I knew I shouldn't have done this, but I read some of the other pages. Nice fucking job being adults people! You could have just said to me that what I was doing was wrong and bad. Especially since you had all been on here a lot longer than I have. There was a good chance that I might have actually listened. Miraculously I have resisted the urge to call all of you shameless assholes. Maybe you've all grown some backbone since then.

Wow, now I feel really shitty for putting this on somebody's birthday thread.

I bet anyone five bucks this post gets modded in two days.

Breath in, Breath out, stay calm.

This post has been edited by Zatoichi: 19 November 2005 - 02:40 AM

Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#20 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:36 AM

What the hell are you going on about?
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#21 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:45 AM

Sorry for double posting (not really)

Alright, now I am just being a dick.
I went and reread everything after I had begun to contribute to that topic
So my question is this: What, are we in fucking grade school?! Talk about losing what had been a pretty good amount of respect.

MC: I cited you for intelligence about the spell stuff, and was making a joke about the lightsabres.

Laughlyn: Well at least you were the only person to seriously try to get something through my thick skull. (I may be overreaching with this) Question: Do you know what PM stands for? Next time try putting your foot down and exert some authority as being a fellow human being if it bothered you so much. Oh, it took that little of something to get you close to going ballistic over almost nothing. I may be a little pigheaded in saying this, but that is just plain pathetic.

Kirby: No, that wouldn't have been pompous, that would have been very helpful advice. Something I could have obviously used and definately needed.

Mnesymone: Vain, yes. So sad you couldn't voice that. Who cares he probably won't read this anyways.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#22 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Nov 19 2005, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What the hell are you going on about?

MC's link for the larger image of her avatar. Only noticed my name right before I was about to scroll down.

I got cut off before I could finish the rest of that second post. In the 4+1/2 hours of sleep I think that I have gotten over it though (a new record).

Anyways ... to finish this off, eventually I realized what I had been doing (on the topic) just wasn't fun for anyone else or myself. At the end I kind of owned up for what I had been doing, and just stopped.

I was only really angry because I thought that when people on this forum had a misunderstanding they somehow worked it out instead of putting it off alltogether, and being above what was done. Oh well, maybe I'm just being delusional. *sigh* I'll give them points for not resorting to petty name calling.

This post has been edited by Zatoichi: 19 November 2005 - 08:37 AM

#23 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:25 AM

Ummm...

Happy Birthday Civ? Yes, happy birthday.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#24 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:14 PM

Thank you Zatoichi as well, for all of your fond birthday wishes. I am back from some celebration and I gotta tell you young kids, it doesn't all end at 36 like you thought. No sir no sir.

Z, the sheer brilliance of posting a rebuttal to one thread on a completely different one was of course discovered long ago by Thomas Eddison, when the Internet was first invented and run on telegraph lines. I'm sure you're familiar with his scandalous images of his young sister in her underwear, delivered lovingly in Morse Code in a brisk three-and-a-half hours (slightly longer if you had dial-up), as well as his charming sendups of the collected philosphies of Everett P Snootipants, the Morse prose stylist of the age.

Congrats go to you of course for taking it to a new level, responding to an entirely different Internet forum in this one, proselytising rage without context or reason for a whole new generation of distracted and apathetic readers. That you selected my humble birthday thread to introduce this whole new avenue of disjointed conversation makes me feel all the more important. I am now a part of Internet History!

PS: salamadare, you missed the central point of Phineas's thesis, which was not that the movements were meant to evoke images of water, but that the fluidity of the subject lines were meant to echo the movement. A subtle distinction, I realize, but cogent. Peace.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#25 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:34 PM

Yeah I suppose I'm lurking right now. Brilliant post with just a pinch of sarcasm. Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoyed reading it. Although, I did apologize for doing this 1+1/2 times. Anyways, you missed something. Not only did the overall matter take place on three different threads and two different website forums, but it happened over a month ago biggrin.gif .
There was reason, but no real context.

Quite plainly it can be seen that anger clouds the mind. I am struggling to not quote Star Wars right now. You may have been mocking me Civ, but thanks for cheering me up. I appreciate that (whether you meant to or not - Ha!).

To the end bit - huh.gif

#26 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 November 2005 - 01:18 AM

Hehe. Happy birthday, Civ, and may your intellectualism contribute to more deliberately pseudo-intellectualism so I may be entertained upon occassion.

Zatoichi: I must agree that your post was the most random and obscure thing I've ever encountered here, and I moderated Hannibal's rants. I think I need to go ressurect an old but good thread for this...
This space for rent. Inquire within.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size