Chefelf.com Night Life: Additional reasons to hate Episode III - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Additional reasons to hate Episode III And my conlusion of being a Star Wars fan.

#16 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:56 PM

Not sure if this fits here. Saw the active, young, thin darth swinging in black, at the burger king today. Well, on a cup, not in the store proper.

WHEN do we EVER see such a sight in the films? Might as well have been a picture of Grievous doing something affective, being trained in the jedi arts and all by the Evil Count Dooku and all.

#17 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:45 PM

Yeah, they're playing up Darth Vader (in costume) quite a bit even though all we see him do is scream "Nooooo" and then cross his arms later on.

Grievous never does ANYTHING effective. That's why he's such a failure as a villain. We never see him do anythign to earn our respect. All he does if cough and run away. He doesn't kick ANY ass. He may kill a clone at some point but we don't see any reason why he's a good fighter. He's lousy on every level.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#18 User is offline   Grievous_X Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Nov 14 2005, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, they're playing up Darth Vader (in costume) quite a bit even though all we see him do is scream "Nooooo" and then cross his arms later on.

Grievous never does ANYTHING effective. That's why he's such a failure as a villain. We never see him do anythign to earn our respect. All he does if cough and run away. He doesn't kick ANY ass. He may kill a clone at some point but we don't see any reason why he's a good fighter. He's lousy on every level.

Sept in the clone wars cartoon. Took up against 5 jedi, killing 2 earlier, killed 2 in the battle, and injured 2, leaving one because an assault ship with bullets and rockets firiing everywhere so he fled. Then when he tried and captured palpitine he killed 2 jedi and left one in electric ropes. Before that he killed a room of troopers in a matter of seconds. then when he took palpy to his ship that's when Mace got him and crushed his chest. and thats why he sucked (why he didn't get it fixed on utapau I dont know.))

So only in episode 3 was he a failure as a villian.
Grievous fan. :P

ROTS Grievous was never real, like young Ani, or Dooku, Or Jar Jar *Cringes.

IPB Image

#19 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:25 PM

So only in episode 3 was he a failure as a villian

Last time I checked movies were more important than cartoon network quasi-Japanime crap!
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#20 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:36 PM

not to mention the fact that film "TRILOGIES" do not include a three season cartoon series. Last time i checked trilogy meant story that is presented in 3 parts... not 3 2-hour parts and 36 23-minute animated episodes.

if it doesn't happen in the trilogy itself it is not important. GL is not big enough to break that rule. Nor is he being 'groundbreaking' in doing it.

he's just failing. (unfortunatley so is the human race in the intelligence department so he'll still rake in the cash!)

it's a farce, and one that sickens all who apreciate good story telling.

#21 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:38 PM

The episodes I watched of the Clone Wars cartoon left the impression that it was really bad... come on, do you really believe that Windu could destroy an entire army of droids alone?

#22 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 14 November 2005 - 11:45 PM

especially if he couldn't do it in ep2...

#23 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:41 AM

You know, I've watched ROTS and ANH within the last week, and I finally came to the conclusion that none of the Star Wars movies are good except for ESB. Even then, it still isn't in my top 10 list of movies. I own all seven seasons of Star Trek TNG, and it's amazing to observe how Star Trek is better on every single level compared to Star Wars (except for special effects).

#24 User is offline   Zoring Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:45 AM

^ *cough*

But anyhow, a fun thing to do would be to list all the inconsistencies that the prequal triology has created, if its not been done already on here somewhere.

Those wheeled armoured vehicles on Kashyyk in the final murder jedi part. Man, why did the Empire get rid of those, not only are they a shit load faster than the AT-AT they have like 30 guns on them all of which can fire wildly at the same time and hit things.

Also the clone speeder bikes, uh they have 2 guns! Yet by ROTJ the Empire has decided to downgrade them to a single cannon, yep. Apparently removing all the guns on your vehicles is the thing to do as technology improves.

#25 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (Zoring @ Nov 15 2005, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ *cough*

But anyhow, a fun thing to do would be to list all the inconsistencies that the prequal triology has created, if its not been done already on here somewhere.

I tried it once, gave up as a bad job. Quite pointless, too. What good would it bring you anyway?PT is finished and fixed.

What I really and truly hate most about it that we are not supposed just to watch it to understand what is going on. We need tons and tons of EU stuff.

Example:
Q: How come Girevous has human bits in it, it is plain stupid, how come a droid couhgs?
A: Ah, but it was explained in the Clone Wars cartoon, you know!

Q: How come Leia is a Princess even if Bail Organa is just a Senator?
A: Ah, but she is also Prince Consort, his wife is a Queen of Aldreaan, it was all explained in novelisation, didn't you know about it?

I am sure I could find dozens of such examples, only I never bothered to find them, as I haven't seen comics and I haven't read the book. These are just two examples I know of... No, wait a moment...There is another.

I only know who the Sith are because I played KOTOR. But I still have no idea what did they want the revenge for...

#26 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:48 PM

I only know who the Sith are because I played KOTOR. But I still have no idea what did they want the revenge for...

I really don't know why everyone seems so confused at this, I thought it was kinda obvious, really. I think they wanted revenge for basically being wiped out, forced into hiding, and have all their power robbed of them. It was easy enough for me to comprehend this even back in 1999, I really wonder why no one else got the gist of it thus far...

#27 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:34 PM

So the Sith broke from the Jedi and thought, want a bunch of n00bs,we're so l337... let's PWN them... so the jedi made them KOS, and the Sith gave it another shot and suddenly it's revenge.

'revenge' technically is a counter move. not a counter-counter move.

#28 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:50 PM

Basically, yes. smile.gif

Anyway, I'll try to give another rant and list of reasons tomorrow. I got my graduation and another party to attend today. Doubtlessly it'll be boring over all (except for my graduation), but I guess I have to live with it. It's only today, after all.

#29 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 17 November 2005 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Nov 15 2005, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Q: How come Leia is a Princess even if Bail Organa is just a Senator?
A: Ah, but she is also Prince Consort, his wife is a Queen of Aldreaan, it was all explained in novelisation, didn't you know about it?

Wow that is just seriously retarded. How can you be considered the Prince Consort? You are already married for crying out loud. If she is the queen that means that there is no other relatives ahead of her position (unless she has multiple husbands). Why would you have the one of the two Heads of State as permanent representatives in the Galactic Senate, that is what diplomats and ambassadors are for? You've got a freaking planet to manage, once again what the hell are you doing? How come Palpatine never firgured out that there was no family resemblance between Bail and Leia. Didn't he have the galaxy in an iron grip. Is the Empire that chuck full of morons?

I swear that the person wrote this during a pipe dream or some shit. It is completely ridiculous. All those questions about one little thing.

As for Star Trek being better than the original OT, I have actually watched a lot of Star Trek. It has been around for an extremely long amount of seasons, but it is also fairly repetative. Some aspects are also chuck full of crap (this one main character that I can vaguely remember). I would say the two things are more or less on par with eachother. Still I will refrain from saying anything more for all our sakes.

Here is another thing that I thought of: Imperial soldiers being largely made up of clones. I think this was a Timothy Zhan novel. In one of the novels that came out some years ago while our heroes were searching for the "fabled" Katana fleet, they encounter stormtrooper clones. They are not suprised about facing stormtroopers, but are suprised at facing clones. Several times in the various novels the Emperor comes back as a clone, and they are suprised. What the Fuck! Was everyone's memory erased? What would make it suprising? (I must remind you these came out long before TPM)
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#30 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2005 - 03:09 AM

Zatoichi, you've definately written some great points there. I never knew a bit of them before, I agree with what you're saying.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size