Chefelf.com Night Life: Goerge Lucas's Union Wars - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Goerge Lucas's Union Wars In an editing room far, far away...

#1 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:14 AM

Star Wars movie mogul George Lucas is at the centre of a union dispute after filing an unfair labor practices complaint against stewards in charge of sound editors who work for him. Lucas and producers at his LucasFilm company in northern California claim union representatives stalled talks to negotiate a new contract by canceling meetings and failing to respond to requests for information. Lucas' right-hand man Howard Roffman says, "We have spent four very frustrating months and have been unable to get the union to the bargaining table to negotiate. We've got a business to run here." Roffman, LucasFilm's vice-president of business affairs, admits he's baffled that anyone has any union grievances with the movie mogul, because he's a great boss. He adds, "This is a guy who has taken care of his employees like very few employers on this planet."

I guess he's being punished for the prequels and the special editions...
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#2 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:45 PM

This might help explain some of the "creative decisions" recently... but this is pure speculation on my part. Where was this reported btw?

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size